Sunday Morning Weigh-In - August 8th, 2004

Join our weekly (Sunday) weigh in.

Sunday Morning Weigh-In - August 8th, 2004

Postby DutchChoc » August 8th, 2004, 8:29 am

Yesterday completes my first (consecutive!) three weeks of the shakes-only plan, and, guess what? Today is just another in the line of fire I'm waging to get this work acomplished. There's no better time, and I THINK I'm strong enough to do it. With that thought in mind, let me say that it's working, and working almost beyond my expectations. In the third week, I lost five pounds!! WHO would think there'd be sufficient oomph in my body or in this diet to accomplish that in a worn, 46-y/o metabolism? Yet, it's true, and it's worth every day that I invest in making it happen. So I won't be stopping today, or this week. How 'bout you?

I look forward to another week, and from news of you other Medifasters. This is probably one of the oddest challenges I've ever taken on. Sometimes, I admit that it's a bit scary wondering if I can really eat "just that" and not crash, but each and every day I wake up feeling just like myself -------- only better. My shorts are looser. I'm not as subdued by carbohydrates and trying to avoid thinking of/knowing about what I wish I hadn't eaten. I'm experiencing some unprecedented periods of organization and freedom. I really do feel fine. Thanks to everyone here for the experiences we share.
Ending weight MF 10/2004: 126
Starting weight 12/1/08: 168 :-(
Loss December: -7/-0
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby Simmshe » August 8th, 2004, 9:57 am

Good morning/afternoon everyone :)!

Congrats on your success DutchChoc--looks like you will reach your goal in no time! And I'm right along with you--won't be stopping any time soon. Seems like I want to eat something everyday--not strong cravings or anything, but the brain, naturally, is still stimulated by food and misses it! But I know I won't eat anything--I'm just about four weeks in, so I don't expect a big disconnect so soon.

Well, after Aunt Flo packed up and left, the scale started moving again. I'm down 4.5lbs this week, and hoping that by my full week, on Tuesday, that I will be down another 1.5lbs so I can become a member of the 30lb club!
Hope everyone is doing well :). Here's to a successful shakin' week :cheers:!

Sheryl
Restart: 5/01/05
333/280/155

Original start: 7/13/04-12/12/04
High weight (1997): 386lbs

Success depends upon previous preparation, and without such preparation there is sure to be failure--Confucius
Simmshe
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby RavenKat » August 8th, 2004, 12:51 pm

Hi all!

I'm going to be weighing on Saturdays because that's when I started Phase 2 (yesterday). I had been playing around for a month and decided (with help from you all) to get in gear and lose the last 35-40 pounds. I can do it in 10 weeks, or ten months => I decided 10 weeks. :-)

It's amazing how great I feel drinking the shakes. Energy to burn. Light and healthy.

Here's to us! :cheers:

Kat
259/180/165
RavenKat
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Weigh In

Postby SusannaRosannaDanna » August 8th, 2004, 1:21 pm

I'm not sure I've EVER looked this forward to a weigh-in, especially since I'm trying to break my habit of hopping on the scales every day--SIGH--BUT this morning I weighed in 10 pounds lighter than when i started, and it hasn't been a full week yet! I just wanted to get on track with the board weigh-in. I'm happy. Hubby lost eight pounds...he is doing this with me experimentally, but he really does not have much to lose (darn him! LOL) and will probably be doing the modified plan within a month (or so we think)! :stroll:

Hip, Hip, HOORAY!

Susanna :yes:
Started 8/2/2004
297/234/140
Next goal: 220!

Wow. That's all I know to say.
SusannaRosannaDanna
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby MomJackieLee » August 8th, 2004, 6:44 pm

Lost 2 lbs this week. Slow and steady the scales are GOIN' DOWN.

Everyone have a great week!
MomJackieLee
246/222/160
MomJackieLee
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby gerimarc » August 9th, 2004, 5:14 am

Congrats to all you losers!!!! Gee, I'm jealous. I'm deadlocked again at 186/187. :( Can't get to that additional four pound loss to put me in the 30 pound club. I'm not discouraged though. I've gone through this before.
Gerimarc
214/180/160
started 4/04
gerimarc

Postby Triskets » August 10th, 2004, 7:28 am

Hip Hip Hooray to all of us for having the COURAGE and DETERMINATION to be on the MF plan.
Monday was the end of my second week and I am down a total of 13 pounds! YAHOO! That was 5.5 pounds in one week.
Good luck everyone!
One shake at a time.
Trish
Pound by pound my weight is coming down!
Start over 2/9/2008
268/252
Triskets
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby LongWay2go » August 10th, 2004, 12:25 pm

I just started on Friday, so this is just a 2 day result for me. I'll modify my weekly weigh-in to be on Sundays from now on. But I did lose 3.5 pounds in my first two days and am feeling fine and strong so far!
08/06/2004
on hiatus until "Vic the Vac" goes away!

WARNING: Don't try this at home, kids...
Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby Nancy » August 10th, 2004, 10:29 pm

Hey, everyone - Weigh to go!!

Welcome to the downward spiral where being a loser is really being a winner!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Roll Call