Sunday Morning Roll Call - October 31st

Join our weekly (Sunday) weigh in.

Postby explorthis » November 1st, 2004, 9:22 am

I only have 2 weeks before I begin transition and expect to be in the low 150's by then which is my goal.

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!

Sylvia, I am so happy for you. This is such a wonderful thing. It is a rush when people we have not seen in awhile don't recognize us, just reinforces WHAT you have done, and how far you have come!!

Congratulations to you, you deserve it!!

WOWOW...

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Sylvia » November 1st, 2004, 9:44 am

Thanks Mike,

I'm feeling pretty amazing too. Just hit the 26 week mark today which means I've been doing this for six months. Sounds like a long time but really seems like it happened very quickly. All in all, I wouldn't change a thing. This feeling is worth any sacrifices!

S
Sylvia
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » November 1st, 2004, 9:47 am

The cheerleaders have been working overtime this week!

:cleader: :cleader: :cleader: :cleader: :cleader: :cleader: :cleader: :cleader: :cleader: :cleader: :cleader: :cleader:
Weigh to go, Kids!!

Sylvia, you have the right idea! :thumbup:

Medifast is pharmaceutical grade FOOD. It is virtually impossible to eat healthy all the time these days. When we cannot take the time to shop for and prepare a healthy well balanced meal, Medifast is perfect - convenient and very FAST! We just love how it tastes and how it makes us feel so we use it daily.

I am thrilled for you! Be sure to post your photo soon so we can enjoy you up close and personal, too!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Back from vacation

Postby gerimarc » November 1st, 2004, 9:55 am

:oops: I was in Orlando last week on vacation and really, really, really gave in to that carb devil guy!!!!! :x . Weighed myself Saturday morning and gained 5 pounds while away (189.0). Felt bloated and got a headache a couple of days while there from eating bad things. I have realized that overboard carb intake gives me a headache.

However, when we returned, Saturday morning it was back on Medifast Highway. Lost 2 pounds (probably water and salt) and feel a lot better today. Back at work and back on track. Official Monday morning weigh in is (187.0).

Gerimarc
started 4/04
214/180/160
gerimarc

Postby Nancy » November 1st, 2004, 10:18 am

Gerimarc ~

Glad to hear that you are back and on track, too.

Slurp extra water this week and that may help to wash out the excess sodium.
:water:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby fedup » November 1st, 2004, 11:42 am

Gerimarc- I have a funny feeling I'm gonna have to watch the evil carb guy too once I reach maintenance.... I've always LOVED my carbs... when I'm at that point, I'm gonna try to be conscious of carbs, and moderate them more. (If I have a high carb lunch, go easy at dinner and so on...) I haven't reached that point yet, but when you described your headaches after overdoing the carbs that connected for me. I've always had really bad headaches, and while I still get one on occassion, they've been MUCH better while on MF. I take much less excedrine or prescription medication for them.

A big CONGRATULATIONS to everyone on a great week! Camille- 5 # down! Wow!! Your pretty close to goal aren't you? Everyone give yourselves a big pat on the back!! (I mean OURSELVES!!) :)
Christy 5'5" age-34
Fresh start: Sept. 15, 2005 (240/ 240/ 160)
"Time to 'release the butterfly' inside
fedup
Trusted Member

Postby Crystal » November 1st, 2004, 12:13 pm

Well, here I am for my first weigh-in! I lost six pounds last week on the modified plan!! :yippee: I think I will try the full plan this week and see if it goes any better for me. I have noticed that I need to drink more than 80oz of water, so I will up it to 100oz - 120oz. I feel great, and had no problems keeping up with the kids :roll: this week other than a migraine on Wednesday. Anyway, I am excited about the week ahead! :lol:
Crystal
Crystal
Preferred Member - #20 Club

WOW!!!

Postby gr8views » November 1st, 2004, 12:53 pm

WOW!

I am incredibly impressed with everyone's successes...

6#s your first week. That is way cool!

Sylvia, I look forward to the day that someone doesn't recognize me. What a boost to your self esteem. You Go, Girl...

:goteam:

Diane
Start Date: November 6, 2004

246/233/146??

Good choices = Progress!!
gr8views
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » November 1st, 2004, 12:59 pm

Crystal,

:roflmao: You have had a wonderful first week.
:roflmao:
Sometimes headaches occur during the first week or two due to toxins leaving the body. We DO need to drink a lot of water. Medifast is dehydrating. If a person normally drinks coffee or pop, additional water beyond the 64 ounces is usually needed.

Try to space your water consumption and your meal replacements regularly throughout the day. Like don't wait until 7 PM and then drink all your water then. Water is important for our blood volume and respiration, food digestion, etc.
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Simmshe » November 1st, 2004, 1:24 pm

Hey everyone! Way to go--:goteam:! I'm so happy for you all :D. It's nice to see so many people here doing well at the same time--success sure is inspiring and contagious :). And Camille and Sylvia, (and DC), leading the way to meeting goal--I'm deliriously happy for you all :). Camille, I hope your pain leaves you soon so you can really experience the joy of what you've accomplished :).

Things are still quite helter skelter in my life right now--I virtually have something to do, plan, or think about every minute of the day and to say it's exhausting is an understatement. BUT the terrific news is that I'm soundly back on my plan and lost 19lbs :shock: last week (from Friday to Saturday morning, down to 266lbs from 285lbs). This loss was actually a few pounds more than my first week loss when I first started in July. I think being so active (I've been doing lots of walking, shopping, organizing, cleaning, caulking, and soon-to-be assembling) since my move that I'm sure this contributed to such a big loss. But I'm being mindful of my health (don't want to risk losing muscle)--having six supplements on my super busy days, getting in plenty of water and rest, and bouillon (as needed). I felt some lightheadedness a couple of times this weekend, which I didn't experience much before, so I'm drinking bouillon more often now. Things are not calm in my life at all right now (between my move, job status change, finances, relationship, career--instability is my middle name right now), but regardless, I'm committed to staying on my plan.

Anyways, I'll try to do more posting this week, as I'm aiming to finish doing things (everything I have planned to do right now at least) in my apartment this week!

Here's to another great week everyone :cheers:!

Sheryl
Restart: 5/01/05
333/280/155

Original start: 7/13/04-12/12/04
High weight (1997): 386lbs

Success depends upon previous preparation, and without such preparation there is sure to be failure--Confucius
Simmshe
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Nancy » November 1st, 2004, 1:36 pm

Sheryl ~

Wowser! You had a terrific week! :yay:

Yep, you're on your way now! :burnout:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Crystal » November 1st, 2004, 1:55 pm

Nancy ~

I think my timing of everything was off on Wednesday. Trying to keep up with my four little ones' schedules, mine usually gets off. :? It's so easy to lose track of time, especially during our school hours. As a teacher, you know how easy it is to get so focused on what your kids are learning that time just slips away from you. Around our house, we call them "time warps".

My oldest son (almost 6) can't seem to get enough of what I am teaching him..:secret:... he always wants more. I am also having a bit of a hard time with my 4yr old daughter. She is learning to write numbers, and I am learning how to teach her...how her brain works(this is our first year homeschooling her), and all I know right now is..:question:..its different. We both get so excited when we realize she got it!! :yippee: :yippee: My 2yr old son just joins right in where he can. But we are all having fun :D, staying busy and learning lots!!

I think a timer might help me remember when its time to have a shake or some more water. ;)
Crystal
Crystal
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Nancy » November 1st, 2004, 6:18 pm

Crystal,

A timer is a great idea! My husband used to call me at the college sometimes to remind me to have my shake on time.

It is so easy to get wrapped up (and sometimes WARPed up!) in a project and forget to eat and drink.

Long term maintenance involves feeding the body what it needs on a regular basis. When we do so, we don't run out of gas and go balistic, ending up scarfing everything in sight!

You surely DO have your hands full with your little ones.

P.S. You may want to consider "Touch Math" to teach your children how to form the numerals and about the value that each numerical symbol represents...)
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » November 2nd, 2004, 12:41 am

Yes, timing is so important to me but lately I sometimes don't remember if I had a shake 3 hours before or not. One of those senior moments - premature of course.

Sheryl, 19# !!!! WOW!!!

Crystal - you are Super Woman -

Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

late...

Postby Kim » November 2nd, 2004, 7:29 pm

I'm late checking in but wanted to post my results. I'm down a total of 14 #'s as of today. I had a bit of a bump in the road in the third week - so I'm not bothered that I haven't lost more yet. I am in jeans that I haven't worn in a lonnnngggg time so I'm happy. :roll:
2/25/05 Start Date
170/165/125 (by 6/1/05)
5'3"
Kim

PreviousNext

Return to Roll Call