Sunday Morning Roll Call, October 3, 2004

Join our weekly (Sunday) weigh in.

Postby Anna » October 6th, 2004, 7:07 pm

Well, I haven't started yet (tonight will be my first shake), so I have no weight-loss results to post, but I just read through this thread, and it was the encouragement I needed to start strong and stay strong. I can't wait until next week when I can participate in the weigh-in. I have no idea I'll see any change on Sunday, if I'm starting on Wednesday, but I'll still check in.

One question-- incremental goals. My ultimate goal weight is 135-145, and that's 95-105 pounds from now. But I have no idea of what is a reasonable goal for Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, etc. I saw the New Year's countdown, and that would be great accountability and encouragement, but I have no idea what to set as a goal. I have a hunch that breaking up a large weight loss into smaller increments would be better, but I don't know where to start. Suggestions?

Thanks for all the encouragement,
Anna
<><
Start: 10/6/04
240/230/140
Woohoo!
Anna
Newbie - #10 Club

Postby LongWay2go » October 7th, 2004, 12:51 am

Anna darlin'!

You set goals where you WANT them to be! Remember every goal met will be incentive to stay on the plan! Set your first goal at something like 10 pounds. You'll get there quick! Basically, do what you wanna do! If I were working towards 100 pounds to lose (I WISH!) I'd probably set my goals in 10 pound increments. That way you're constantly achieving goals and when you make one, find a little way to reward yourself for each and every one of them BUT NOT WITH FOOD! ;)

~Gerald
08/06/2004
on hiatus until "Vic the Vac" goes away!

WARNING: Don't try this at home, kids...
Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby sudaoning » October 7th, 2004, 4:19 am

that was a pretty important pound susan!!!!
congrats!!!!!

hittin those 5 lb marks is soooo motivating isn't it?
Start; 7/26/04
217/172/140
45 pounds and goin down!
sudaoning
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Nancy » October 11th, 2004, 10:15 pm

Anna,

You're right - it does help to keep motivated by setting smaller increment goals along the way. Some of us have larger amounts of weight to lose than others and when we are in it for the long haul, it is nice to attain those significant milestones.
Because everyone is wired differently, our commitment levels can vary as do our ages, activity levels, hereditary influences and metabolisms, so it is really difficult to guesstimate how much weight you will be able to lose by Thanksgiving, by Christmas, etc. Just concentrate on one day at a time, consume all of your shakes, drink all of the required water, measure your eat and veggie portions and do not allow anything un-prescribed to enter the trap door - you'll get there to your goal, little by little!

Enjoy the process of reaching your goal. There is so much more to life than the prize - crossing the finish line is important and good but there are things to be learned and to be enjoyed on the journey itself.

Aloha!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Previous

Return to Roll Call