Sunday Morning Roll Call, October 3, 2004

Join our weekly (Sunday) weigh in.

Sunday Morning Roll Call, October 3, 2004

Postby LongWay2go » October 3rd, 2004, 5:21 am

Good morning, all you fine people and BIG LOSERS!

First I'd like to apologize for my absence from the discussions this week. It's been a busy, busy week of 15 hour+ days for me. This coming week will be better, but the next week will be another long one.

I only have a 4 pound loss to record this week, unfortunately. Don't know what happened. Maybe I was dreaming about rich food too much! I do know that I wasn't religious about my water intake this week, only drinking on average 4 bottles per day instead of 6 as usual. That may have had something to do with it! Next week should be better!

Best of luck to everyone today!

~Gerald aka Spidey
08/06/2004
on hiatus until "Vic the Vac" goes away!

WARNING: Don't try this at home, kids...
Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby LongWay2go » October 3rd, 2004, 5:24 am

PS - Don't get me wrong, I'm certainly NOT complaining about 55 pounds in 8 weeks! No siree-bob! Our success is what we make of it, and I know I'm paying the consequences this week because I didn't drink my water faithfully. I can live with that, because I know what the reason is and what the solution is.

~Gerald
08/06/2004

Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go

Postby sudaoning » October 3rd, 2004, 5:57 am

way t'go gerald!

55 lbs is incredible!
have you looked at your own numbers spidey????

i dropped a little over the last week already reported, but am up .5 lb this morning. will not change stats. comin back off and goin on down!
Start; 7/26/04
217/172/140
45 pounds and goin down!
sudaoning
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby DutchChoc » October 3rd, 2004, 8:40 am

Good morning. I though by now we'd be numerous here -- where is everybody? Hope we'll be hearing from you soon!!

This was one of my progressive weeks again, just when I can really use one to ensure that I don't konk out before the end of the race, lol. Lost three pounds, which takes me to 32 pounds off in the 12 weeks I've completed. Starting week 13 tomorrow, which will be my greatest test to date because so far I've enjoyed the comfort of my four walls and work and this week, will be away for two days solid with people who will need to eat out all of that time. YUCK!!!

Being around people eating is getting harder for me, too. The bbq chicken breasts I cooked in the crockpot yesterday for others almost killed me. Getting so envious of them all!! Not the chicken breasts, lol, the people who would eat them!

But, took advantage of the $80 off $300+ and ordered some other kinds of MF foods for when I'm "finished" in a few weeks. That's my reward.

Let's keep this train chugging, lots of water, Gerald, lots of patience for all of us, lots of hope for more fun to come.
Ending weight MF 10/2004: 126
Starting weight 12/1/08: 168 :-(
Loss December: -7/-0
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby SusannaRosannaDanna » October 3rd, 2004, 4:28 pm

Hey there Loserville! Everyone knocking back a tall glass of water as you read posts? GOOD! :water:

I'm reporting a three pound loss this week--after not losing a SMIDGE last Sunday, I had hoped for more this morning, but who can complain as long as the scale is moving DOWN and not UP, right? Certainly not me! That means I'm sitting at 260, just like I have been for two or three days.

We had a dismal showing at the roll call today! I hope everyone is doing well! Check in, lurkers!

Susanna
Started 8/2/2004
297/234/140
Next goal: 220!

Wow. That's all I know to say.
SusannaRosannaDanna
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby DutchChoc » October 3rd, 2004, 6:07 pm

Congratulations, Susanna. Down is down, and it's definitely a great thing and a sign of progress.

Yes, a poor showing so far re turnout. Maybe we need to remind everyone that the -- either BIG (as in fun, slim, showy) or "dreaded" (as in too many people to see and nothing to wear to look/feel good in) is coming and will not stop coming. Only 7 weeks 'til Thanksgiving to kick it off. While reminding everyone else, I need to remind myself, too, that lots can happen in that little time, and not all of it will be good without our/my continual care and efforts.

This is, after all, not that easy at times, does not come with a magic bullet to make us impervious to what looks good to eat/want. But it's doable, and more easily doable than others I've tried, so I'm glad to be a Medifaster. Take care, everyone.

Newbies, pls join our weigh-ins!
Ending weight MF 10/2004: 126
Starting weight 12/1/08: 168 :-(
Loss December: -7/-0
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby Kornpop » October 3rd, 2004, 7:08 pm

Hi all~

We are checking in pretty late, but we're checking in. I lost 3# for a total of 14 in almost 3 weeks. My 17 yr-old daughter, Kelsey, lost 2# for a total of 20. She is finding that with a will--there's a way. She's managing to get her supplements in while in school and it really shows. She feels so much better, as I do--and our clothes fit so much better.

As always, I find all your posts so rewarding. Thank you.
Sandy
restart--12/30/05
5'2"
207.5---125
Kornpop
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Lois » October 3rd, 2004, 7:48 pm

GREAT JOB, EVERYONE!!!!!!!!! :shock:

Keep up the AWESOME work!

hugs,

Lois
Lois
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Carrie » October 4th, 2004, 5:12 am

Hi Gang,

Sorry for being tardy, I had a 'full speed ahead' weekend and didn't get the chance to turn on the puter.

Dutch - what's this about $80 off a $300 order??? I didn't hear about this......

Way to go everyone - we are WINNING THE BATTLE!

I am at a very good place mentally right now - I am not tempted to eat, I sail through the days without effort - and let me tell you I appreciate it more than I can say - because as with everything else - this too shall pass. I was so busy this weekend that towards the end of the day I had to stop and count my MF meals so far and make sure I was getting at least 5 in.

I have other good news this morning - I am down 6.2 pounds for the week, to 214.2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This means I have 14.3 pounds to go by November 19th to make my MAJOR goal of being below 200 for my 35th birthday. Clothes that were too tight 2 weeks ago are already beginning to show signs of bagginess. Total loss of 52.3, Mikey PLEASE add me to the 50 pound club!

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!

(very happy camper here!)
Carrie
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie

Postby looznit » October 4th, 2004, 5:22 am

Good morning MF losers. Sorry for the tardiness, computer at home is sick.

I had a great week! Lost 3 pounds for a total of 17 in 5 weeks.

Gerald - your story is a great inspiration 55 pounds in 8 wks. WOW
Dutch - you're such a strong lady, I know you'll do whatever you put your mind to.
Susanna - Congrats on your 3 lb. loss.
Kornpop & Kelsey - great team effort, I hope to join Kelsey soon in the 20 pound club!
Carrie - Super week for you, keep up the good work!

Stacey
With God ALL things are possible!
34 yr.
Start Date - Sept. 1, 2004
204/178.5/130
looznit
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Lois » October 4th, 2004, 6:28 am

WOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!! WAY TO GO EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!

hugs,

Lois
Lois

Postby SusannaRosannaDanna » October 4th, 2004, 6:39 am

Now THESE are the posts I love to see!

GREAT JOB EVERYONE!!

And CARRIE! LOOK AT YOU! I thought you were struggling? Does NOT look that way to me! LOL

Susanna
Started 8/2/2004
297/234/140
Next goal: 220!

Wow. That's all I know to say.
SusannaRosannaDanna
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Sylvia » October 4th, 2004, 7:08 am

Great week everyone. DC - great job. You are SOOOOO close to your goal. That is just awesome!

Carrie - you're in the zone now - I just love those times. Keep on rolling until 35 and beyond. And of course welcome to the 50 pound club!

Gerald - you really should look at your stats! You'll be below 400 before you know it FOR GOOD.

As for me, a bit of a slow week - down 1.8 but made it to the 60 pound club. Next goal is hitting the 150's and then cruisin on to my goal.
Sylvia

Postby Carrie » October 4th, 2004, 7:45 am

Thanks Guys -

It is truly impossible to overestimate just how much I appreciate these easy days - I tell ya, they beat the tough ones by many many miles. Every day I think ahead to my birthday and picture myself dancing and having a grand old time - at a weight of under 200 for the first time in years and years. It's the best birthday present I could ever give myself.

Thanks to Dutch and Susanna, I just got my $300 less $80 order in under the wire - what a nice surprise to be able to save a chunk of money.

I know that the easiness cannot continue unabated, I believe it all comes and goes in cycles, so I'm enjoying this while it lasts!

Right now I feel blessed.

Carrie
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie

Postby LongWay2go » October 4th, 2004, 8:02 am

Hi again all,

Yes, the turnout this week is so far disappointing, to say the least, but at least those who are showing up are having a good report! Sudaoning, no sweat darlin'! Just stick to your guns and you'll get there, you'll see!

I also was able to take advantage of that wonderful $80 off offer this weekend. I sent an email to Terry and Nancy, enjoying the sunny beaches of Kauai, and told them that I'd add the $80 savings to the Spidey General Store fund. So get busy guys and gals, and get those pounds off! My spending hand is just itching, itching, itching, and I need to make that first BIG LOSER payoff soon!

~Gerald
08/06/2004

Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go

Next

Return to Roll Call