Sunday Morning Roll Call March 5th, 2006

Join our weekly (Sunday) weigh in.

Sunday Morning Roll Call March 5th, 2006

Postby Nancy » March 5th, 2006, 1:00 am

Just wanted to say :exercise: hello and :byebye: howdy doody to you terrific people as you weigh in today!

:bow: Thank you for all the get-well :angel: prayers and your kind notes – I feel better!

Terry does, too. :yippee: Yahoo!

Some say that March weather comes in “like a lion and out like a lamb” but in our city we experienced the opposite of that – we had a bright and sunny Oneth of March.

:scratchhead: Makes us wonder if March will go out like a lion….

Let’s be :lightbeam: fierce as lions this month and really :deadhorse: hit it hard – sink your :mrgreen: teeth into your program.

:lightsword: Fight hard to remain program-compliant every day.

Prepare the :snooze: night before for the next day’s meals.

Keep your :whattha: eye out for :help: temptations and :walk: turn away.

:coach: Nothing tastes as good as thin feels.

Many of you have had an :star: excellent :star: weight loss this first week of March and that’s great – let’s keep motivated – spring break is just around the corner, and soon it will be time to wear shorts and t-shirts. :shock:

We wanna look hot this summer and not feel :twisted: hot – let’s get ready for summer weather NOW by sticking to our program! ;)

Place your confidence in the program – it works!

When we :bib: eat things not on the program –
like bites of cake, part of a dinner roll or piece of bread, a spoonful of ice cream, etc.
it throws us :aarggh: out of the fat-burning state.

Hunger will increase.

Craving will return.

Like a roaring lion that seeks its prey,
the cravings increase and we can easily :nana: lose control
and :eat: pork out;
leaving us feeling like a :3head: failure and :table: doomed to live forever in :x Chubbabubba Land.

You already know exactly how that bread, or chip, or pizza, or cookie tastes. :no:

You have had a lot of it in your lifetime. :oops:

You CAN live without it for a while longer.
If you choose to...

:coach: Do not sell out!

:you: You are made of sterner stuff!

:secret: What a privilege is ours to choose the course for our day!

We do not HAVE to eat the things that do not lead towards our goal.

We get to :scratchhead: choose to eat the healthy way that leads us along the path to success.

:stroll: Together we stand strong; we can defend ourselves against the crouching lions when we eat on time,

:water: drink all our water;

eat just the things on our Medi-list for the 5 & 1 Program.

When we do, we will :sheepjump: skip and :bananadance: frolic like happy lambs.

We will say :byebye: good-bye to the 300’s and the 200’s and enter Onederland. :roflmao:

Every day will seem like :bouncie: springtime when we accomplish our goals! :clap:

Hunger after healthiness!
:beerbeer:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

OUT OF THE HOUSE OF THE 250s!!!

Postby 1Angel » March 5th, 2006, 2:31 am

Good Morning Nancy and everyone!!! :lol:
I'm sorry, but I have to edit this one ... when I wrote this it was 1:38 A.M. here in Southern California ... and I had lost only 4.5 lbs. However, when I woke up this morning at 8:00 A.M. I realized that TOM (that time of the month) had arrived and when I got on the scale, I was 248Lbs :cheermed: making my weight loss for this week not 4.5 BUT 5.5 Lbs :whoohoo: I couldn't believe my eyes, I thought there was something wrong, or I was still dreaming, so I got off the scale, took a deep breath and stepped on it again ... and there they were, 248 pounds ... I'm so EXCITED :cheerleader: ... Another 5.5 pounds gone forever ... I am on a roll :burnout: here ... I FEEL SO GOOD, duh-nuhn-nuhn -nuhn-nuhn-nuhn-nuhn ... I KNEW THAT I WOULD, duh-nuhn-nuhn -nuhn-nuhn-nuhn-nuhn ... :dance:
27 POUNDS GONE and 98 to GO ... :yay: Yay! Yaay!!! I'm finally out of the house of the 250s. My next short goal is to be out of the house of the 240s ... I am rocking here you guys :dance:
The water :water: intake made a big difference!

Thanks Lisa, Linda and Vicky for all your coaching, support and friendship!!! And my special thanks to you too, Nancy, for all of the above and for having you in my life!!!

This is my song for the week: I'M SO EXCITED ... (you all know the rest)

Love,
{{{hugs}}}
Last edited by 1Angel on March 5th, 2006, 12:42 pm, edited 5 times in total.
img border="0" src="http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wcUj84e/weight.png">
1Angel
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby ljm498 » March 5th, 2006, 5:06 am

Nancy, I just love your Sunday morning inspirational roll call posts! I'm glad to hear you all are feeling well.

1Angel, great loss! Keep up the great work!

I hope everyone has a great day on the scales or at the tape measure!

I'm happy to report a 2lb loss again this week. Didn't think anything was going to go and then yesterday and today those 2 went whoosh! Yay!

Have a great week everyone!
Lynne

Me 34
DH 41
DS 1
Dcats Pookie & Poto

Started 3/28/05
Starting Weight 214.5
Current Weight 125
Goal Weight 115-120
Total Lost 89.5 lbs!!! Wahoo!!!
ljm498
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby falisamarie » March 5th, 2006, 5:26 am

Nancy- :bravo: Wonderful and inspirational post to start the day

Angelica- What a great week you had :yourock: Congrats!

ljm- 2more pounds gone away forever, that is great :whoohoo:

I am down 3more pounds this week!!!!! I :heart: :cheermed:

Hope everyone else has a great day!

Lisa :heart:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Serendipity » March 5th, 2006, 5:42 am

Mornin' everyone. What a beautiful day we are having here! The sun is shining (not so common in W. PA this time of year).

This is one girl who doesn't wanna be a Chubbabubba anymore!

Well, this week, I decided to bite the bullet and increase my water intake to 1/2 my weight in ounces. glub glub. I feel like a water hose. But! I think it's working. Even with Auntie Em showing up unexpectedly (what a rude thing to do), I still lost 2 lbs. this week. That's a first for me, so thank you, water!!! I have also noticed a difference in my skin.

Congrats to all of you other losers. I just love bein' a loser!
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby THINKTHIN » March 5th, 2006, 5:50 am

Good morning, everyone! Sounds like you are all doing well! Thank you Nancy for that wonderful post of advice, motivation, etc...!

I"m happy to report 7lbs this week. I am blown away! It was my first week (again)! :-) i love the first week weight loss! It keeps me going....

Have a great day!

Happy losing,
~Tiesha
THINKTHIN
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby ladyhawke » March 5th, 2006, 5:51 am

Folks, you are all doing so great! I am down 4 lbs this week and it wasn't even hard as I am in the Medifast "groove", the water is the key of course besides staying on the program to a T.

I can't wait to get into some thin clothes.

Congrats to all that lost this week and to those who are hiding, get your butt in here and start shaking or Magic Bulleting at once!
ladyhawke
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby MusicalMomma » March 5th, 2006, 5:55 am

Congratz Lisa! You made the 30# club!!!!! Make some room for me, I'll be there with you next week! ;)

Lynne you as SOOO close to goal, 4.5 to go, how wonderful you must feel!!!

Congratz on a GREAT week everyone!!!

OK, I'm down 3 more pounds this week. THIS will teach me to weigh only once a week because on Thursday I was down 4 pounds, but I'm up one as of this morning! See if I had only weighed this morning, I would have been thrilled for three pounds instead of mourning the temporary one pound gain. Good lesson for me! Will that make me stay off the scale? You bet your bippy it WON'T :roflmao: I'm just a glutton for punishement I guess, but it beats being a glutton for food!

Keep up the great work everyone!!!!
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby ktrout » March 5th, 2006, 6:01 am

Good Morning Everyone ! It's a beautiful, if cold, day here in New England and I'm happy to report a loss of another 4lbs this week. I'm still in the 4-5 lbs a week groove and it gets easier every week to resist temptation and stay the course. I put on a pair of 38/30 jeans yesterday for the first time in I don't know how many years and while they were tight, they felt great ! My wife is joking that I'll be wearing a speedo this summer... Maybe not... but it would be great if I was in good enough shape to do that if I wanted to LOL!! I still have 55 lbs to get to my first goal of 200lbs and about 80 to get to my final goal but I'm well on my way and pyched to continue the journey.

Have the best day of the rest of your life today !!!

ktrout
313/228/200

1-1-2006 Start Date
7/15/2007 ReStart Date
ktrout
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby Lizabette » March 5th, 2006, 6:29 am

Nancy,

What an unbelievable post! If I had been wavering :cry: that would have 'un-wavered 'me! :-P

Well imagine that---3.40 pounds vanished since last Sunday! Bye, Bye, flab. :wave: Total of a little over 23 pounds GONE forever! :yippee:

What great losses of my fore-runners here this morning. I love it. :heart: :heart: Congratulations galore!

Sunday is always a challenge because it is church and 'eating out' day...but you can believe that I am not messing :eat: around with the program.

Next mini-goal is 25 pounds off and running away! :runner: :runner:

Til next time,

Lizabette
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Nicki » March 5th, 2006, 6:31 am

Great week you guys ... congrats! The weight loss fairies were toying with me this week. For no particular reason, I gained for four consecutive days at the beginning of the week and I've been coming down from that since and ended up just where I was last week. So, no losses for week 24. Many thanks to Nancy for her post above, it was right on time for me. Last night I almost rationalized myself into having a nacho. You know the old, "I followed the program and gained weight, so surely it won't make any difference." The moment passed and hopefully it will onward and downward from here. Have a great week everyone!
Nicki
started 9/19/05

Nicki
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby scrabbler7 » March 5th, 2006, 7:31 am

Good morning everyone ... Beautiful day here as well. Gotta love it when the sun is shining on your face even if it is a bit chilly.

So my official 1st week on my restart program ..... 5.2 pounds gone! Yippee. That's a HUGE loss for me ... historically - I'm about 1.5 - 2 pounds a week. I'm prepared for lesser losses come next week; but with MF the losses will be there and that's what counts.

Tiesha -- great to see you posting a substantial loss on your first week of restart. We are gonna do it!!!

Happy losing to you all ---
scrabbler7
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby SueInSLO » March 5th, 2006, 7:41 am

Good Morning Everyone! :wave:
Hey, it's only 6:30am here and so many have already posted!!

Congrats to you all for your losses and for those that are slowing down but sticking to the program! Way to go!! :cleader:

A special thanks to Nancy for a great post to start my morning!

I'm happy to report a 2 pound loss this week. Yippee! :yes: I think the exercise has done it for me. :treadjog:

I did catch a lousy cold and feel like crappola, but I'm still sticking to plan. Maybe my loss would have been 4 pounds if I didn't have all this "gunk" in my head. :roflmao:

Have a super duper week everyone!

Sue
:D
SueInSLO
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby lauradr » March 5th, 2006, 7:43 am

Hi all,everyone is doing great!! i am down 8 lbs for the week :D . I want be around the for a few days my granny went home to be with god and i will be gone.Hva a great week
I'm not where I wanna be but, thank God I'm not where I use to be!

248/174/150

t: 5'11
lauradr
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Good Morning.

Postby Ginabobina1969 » March 5th, 2006, 8:37 am

Laura, I wanted to say I am so sorry about your granny. Your family has my thoughts and prayers.(((HUGS)))

Everyone has done sooo well!! C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S!!!!
I a down 4 pounds this week bringing my total loss since I started medifast to 13 pounds down and since Jan 3 that makes 21 pounds down. Image

I am pumped and ready to tackle another week!! Woohoo!

HUgsss,
Gina
ImageImage
Last edited by Ginabobina1969 on March 5th, 2006, 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Previously...02/16/06 BMI-50 276/188
Restart....03/31/2008 -failed
Restart 03/26/09 280/267 Failed
Restart-Awaiting order. I cannot even bear to post my current weight...yet.
Ginabobina1969
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Next

Return to Roll Call