Sunday Morning Roll Call, June 13, 2004

Join our weekly (Sunday) weigh in.

Sunday Morning Roll Call, June 13, 2004

Postby Landylue » June 13th, 2004, 5:12 am

Yeeeeeeeee Haaaaaaaa!!! Watch out for that wild-eyed, cartwheeling fat lady!

I have arrived! I finally 'breathlessly' stumbled through the door of the 40 lb club this morning! I actually dropped 2.4 huge, globby, yellow, dimpled, greasy pounds this week!

Now, that may not seem like much to some of you folks out there, but for those of you who know about my love/hate relationship problems with my scale the past month, it makes all the difference in the world to me. Hummmm, my scale must not have liked being stuffed between the flannel sheets in the dark cabinet. That'll teach it!

Thanks to all of you who have provided words of encouragement, empathy, and advice the past few weeks. AND, for dragging my whinning, complaining, deadweight backside down the road behind you by not letting me stay and grovel where I plopped down in the dust. This forum and the people on it are a God send.

Now, let's see, that makes a grand total of 109.4 lbs since I started this journey, with 40.4 lbs of it on the Medifast road to Thinville. Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

It's gonna be a good day.

As always, ya'll have a blessed week.

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

roll call

Postby Maddie » June 13th, 2004, 7:05 am

Just want to say I'm back :roll: I have revised my signature to refelct new start date and wieght. Hope too be here awhile.
If at first you fail your deed,
try again till you succeed.

06/12/04
195/190/goal(145)
Maddie
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » June 13th, 2004, 7:11 am

Landylue ~

Woo Hoo for you! :cleader:

As soon as Unca drags his tiny hiney outta the snore sack, I'll have him move ya on up to the Fabulous Forty Club!

Well, Little Darlin' sticking with it is worth it all.

You have been on a long journey. How well I know!

Losing over a HUNDRED POUNDS is a major feat - it's a BIG FLABBY DEAL and we are ever so proud of you. Now that you have made it over that hurdle, there's nothin' that'll stop a determined Landylue from succeeding! :yippee:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Nancy » June 13th, 2004, 7:15 am

Uh, Landylue...

may I draw this to your attention: this is NOT a TRUE statement by you, Dearie! :shock:

cartwheeling fat lady

You are a FORMER fat lady! :oops:

We allow only the truth on the Fabulous Leopard Woman's Forum!

Love, a formerly fat lady herself ;)
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby MegMc » June 13th, 2004, 7:31 am

Landylue,

I've read all your recent posts about your recent frustrations, and I can relate. I'm losing my weight very slowly, and I know there will probably be weeks when I don't loose anything (when I did Optifast years ago, I went through a few 2-3 week stretches with no weight loss). This forum is going to be such a great motivator to stick with it, regardless, and to not give up, even if nearly a month goes by with no loss. All of our bodies are unique, and they adjust to the weight loss differently. But, as others pointed out, as long as you are taking in less calories than your body needs for maintenance, then you will eventually lose some weitght.

Great going! Stick with it and you will be at your goal in no time!

I'm down 2 pounds this week, and feeling great.
Meg
(highest weight - 9/7/03 - 254.5)
Medifast Start Date - 5/15/2004
246.5/223.0/115.0
MegMc
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Nancy » June 13th, 2004, 8:46 am

You are so right on!

MegMc, I see you are down a weight level, too - cool! :kool:

No more fifties for you!

Doesn't it feel good to leap on the scales and see you've gone down a notch? Lovin' it! :boing:

Hmm...are you teensy? I see your ultimate goal weight is just a snort over a hundred - we have no doubts that you'll get there but you must be really petite!

One of our MakeMeThinner Team mates - Lisa - she is just a teeny tiny little gal IMHO - she is five feet tall when she stands up really straight - I feel like an Amazon woman next to her! A strong wind will blow her down! She weighs one hundred pounds - amazing!

She lost over thirty pounds with Medifast and it made such a difference in her life. She has thyroid problems and an auto immune disorder like I do and she is so thrilled to be healthy, to be fit and to be thinner - notice that I put thinner last on the descriptors? To be HEALTHY is the most important thing. It took her three months to lose thirty pounds - maybe slower than some of you out there - but she is so happy, so healthy and so excited about what Medifast has done for her.

We absolutely are not in a weight loss race - we are on a quest for improved health - for optimal health and our network of MakeMeThinner folks (uh,that would be you dear, dear people!) are here to walk alongside one another and to help each of us get there and then to stay there!

It took us a while to get to the place where we decided that we needed help.

:snooze: I didn't go to sleep thin one night and wake up in Flab City! :roll:

It was a journey - one that I did not want to go on and a place that I do not care to ever re-visit! :x

Some people experience slower weight losses than others, the important thing is getting to a healthy state and then staying there!

With Medifast and the MakeMeThinner Forum and the MakeMeThinner Team of Health Advisors, we'll getcha there! :stroll:

Shake by shake, we're making good choices. Shake by shake, we're getting closer to our healthier best.

Shake on, Kids! :toast:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby LadyChamp » June 13th, 2004, 9:25 am

lost 4 pounds for the week
LadyChamp
Regular Member - #50 Club

Postby RavenKat » June 13th, 2004, 9:54 am

Woo Hoo! We Rock! :yeah:

I've lost 3 pounds this week. Up to 28 total with Medifast and 9 away from my first goal of 199. Yippee!!!
259/180/165
RavenKat
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Amanda » June 13th, 2004, 10:05 am

Hello all losers out there :wavie:

As some of you may know i had a rough week a while back and cheated , and my weight loss stopped, i did some fine tuning with Nancy and i am back o track. I've lost 4.5 pounds this week which puts me in the 20 pound club :lol:

I'm so happy, And so happy for all of you who have Lost, everyone if you stick to this plan you WILL lose weight it's so great, i'm so glad I found it. I just love it.
:toast:
Peace & Love,
Amanda

Start Date: 5/14/2004

262.5/227.5/135
Amanda
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby Landylue » June 13th, 2004, 10:52 am

Oh, alright, Miss Nancy, I guess 'officially' you're right. I'll take the language from the BMI chart and edit the "fat lady" remark to: Watch out for that wild-eyed, cartwheeling lady who is at an increased risk for some diseases in some people!"

Hmmmm, it just doesn't have the same 'punch'. . .

Sometimes it takes a bit longer for the mind (self-image) to catch up with the body, doesn't it. After everyone had hit goal in my Optifast group years ago, the counselor asked us to bring in a picture cut from a magazine of what we thought we looked like now. I knew immediately which picture I wanted to bring in. I had just seen it that week. At 5'8" and 135 lbs, I cut out a picture of a naked 400 lb man covered in boils whose face was distorted in pain and anger. The picture was an advertisement for a horror movie, but it was exactly--EXACTLY--what I still felt like inside and out.

Praise God who has since delivered me from those types of feelings!

So, thanks for the tap on the shoulder and the nudge away from thinking of myself that way.

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby MomJackieLee » June 13th, 2004, 6:10 pm

Landylu - great for you!

I'm down two lbs this week, a total of 12 MF and 30 lb since January. I was a bit worried with my day off track, but getting right back on MF made a big difference!
MomJackieLee
246/222/160
MomJackieLee
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby MegMc » June 13th, 2004, 6:11 pm

Hi Nancy. Yes, to answer your question, I'm "teensy" (and I also believe I have a thyroid problem that hasn't been properly diagnosed). If I stand up really straight, I might just reach 5'. So, I picked my goal weight based on my hieght, and the fact that I'm also very small boned. I've always had a weight problem, so I've never actually weighed 115 as an adult, but the "healthy weight" charts show 116 as the upper range for my height and bone structure, so I'm going to try to get right below that. Actually, a nutritionist and a doctor told me to shoot for 100. Who knows? Since I've never weiged below 135 at this height (and that was nearly 30 years ago in high school), I really don't know what final weight will look good or feel good on me. But, I'm eager to find out!

And, welcome back to the forum, Amanda. I hadn't seen any posts from you since you slipped up a couple weeks ago. I'm glad you were able to get back on track. Congrats on the big loss this week, and your new membership in the 20# club! Way to go!
Meg
(highest weight - 9/7/03 - 254.5)
Medifast Start Date - 5/15/2004
246.5/223.0/115.0
MegMc
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby justme » June 14th, 2004, 7:13 am

Landylue,

Way to go!!! :lol: I am so proud of you!!! I am still waiting for my shipment to arrive so I will keep you updated on my status as soon as I start.

Carli
justme

Postby Carrie » June 14th, 2004, 8:51 am

I'm holding steady, no gain, no loss. Should break through it soon.
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to Roll Call