Sunday Morning Roll Call, February 27, 2005

Join our weekly (Sunday) weigh in.

Postby scrabbler7 » February 27th, 2005, 10:20 am

Hi guys! Way to go; you big losers!

I'm posting a 1.6 pound loss this week for a total of 18.6 pounds in 6 weeks.

Good luck to those of you yet to roll out of the sack!
Last edited by scrabbler7 on February 27th, 2005, 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
scrabbler7
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Just Checkin In

Postby Joan Roman » February 27th, 2005, 11:22 am

Congrats to all you losers and all those hangin in! :D

I had a very yucky week going on this week. :mrgreen: Two... count them two trips to the emergency room acounting for 9 hours of waiting!...with one sick kid and the next day one that had a possible arm break at school. Ack! The Sick kid is getting a little better after breathing treatments and thank you God no broken arm on the other! I had a heck of a time catching up on my baking at my second job. And...I'm almost done complaining here :oops: ...the kids in my class at school have been very stinky hitting each other a lot this week! :? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh...Sorry I feel better now. :D I hope you aren't tossing all your crumpled up medi packets at me! ;)

Well...I was very happy that through all the stress...I didn't get sick myself and TA DA...I lost 3 more pounds! Yippee! I knew this week was gonna turn around! :) It just took till Sunday!

Good Job Everybody! Thanks for listening! ;)
Joan
Joan Roman
Trusted Member

Postby RavenKat2 » February 27th, 2005, 11:29 am

I'm here. :twisted: But I'm cranky.

Day one (version 75) yesterday and today I am angry. I believe it's because I realized that I really have to do this. Not the way I've been doing since losing the first 59 - fast a little eat a lot fast a little eat a lot. I'm petrified to write in here then find myself eating later in the week. Whiney baby is making herself felt today. Luckily my husband is at work so he doesn't have to listen to me moan about not being able to eat. Wah wah wah. Poor me.

Take this with a grain of salt....

Kat
RavenKat2
(259)245/207/165

*new id for inspiration*
RavenKat2
Trusted Member

Postby 24KaratGold » February 27th, 2005, 12:44 pm

Down 3.5 today, to 235.5! That's 34 pounds in 8 weeks. I wore a new pair of jeans yesterday, size 18W. Last May, before I went to Scotland, I bought two new pairs of jeans for that trip, size 22W. I LOVE THIS!

Jen, I'm so proud of you, that you've managed to keep it on track for a few days now. Soon it will be a habit, and then those pounds will just fly right off!

And Sarah, I'm so jealous -- below 200 pounds. I can't wait until I get there!

Rae, we know that we always gain a couple of pounds on vacation -- the key is what you do right away when you get back. You'll be down those three pounds and more soon, you know you will.

monkeymom and bk, don't lose heart now. Remember those two weeks in a row that I had back to back, where there was only a one-half pound loss each week? Then bingo, I had 3.5, 4.0, and 3.5 weeks right after that. As I reflect on it, when I was stuck at 247-246, I think that's a weight I'm often at, and that my body is comfortable with. It probably wanted to stay with that.

Kat, keeping writing here. This accountability will keep you from going way out of control and losing all the progress you've made -- and it's GREAT progress. Even if you can't get your head to weight-loss mode right now, work to keep it at maintenance. Then when you can, you can get back to it to take off those last pounds. You CAN do this.

This program does work, I'm becoming convinced of it. I have a hope I've never had before, that it can actually happen this time. We can all get there, just stay with it.

Everybody else I haven't mentioned by name I don't mean to leave out -- it's looking like great weeks either for losses or for gaining understanding, and in the end that's pretty important too.

Hang in there this week. We WILL see lower numbers next week, you know we will.
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Judy » February 27th, 2005, 2:31 pm

Congrats to all of us....we are such good losers :kool: This week seemed very lonnnng for some reason, and I really wanted to cheat. But I did'nt and I'm down 2 lbs. Sooooo that makes a grand total of 40 lbs. So now I'm in the 40 lb. club. Watch me go .... :dance: We went out and bought bikes today so soon I will out on the road.. :biker: Hope everyone has a great week and comes back lighter !!
Judy
Regular Member - #80 Club

Postby BerkshireGrl » February 27th, 2005, 3:00 pm

Kat,

I've had those days too, the "fast a little eat a lot", rinse and repeat.

We both know that once we go off plan, it becomes so freakin' hard to stay the course! Once you remind your taste buds of the forbidden foods, your mind is going to go crazy trying to get you to eat them again. But the longer you go "pure" on plan, it becomes easier to tell yourself that this only temporary!

We have a choice - give up what we crave for a few months, or eat it now and keep on the weight loss roller coaster.

I'm sorry but being above 190, heck, being above 160, is NOT COOL for me. No matter that I weighed 216 before, I am not healthy at this weight. It's tempting sometimes for me to tell myself "Hey, look, I lost 23 pounds! I'm doing great! I can go off plan for 1 measly day!" But that one day turns into a week sometimes... or, um, :oops: a couple months!

I tell myself these days "It's only hunger. It won't kill you. It's a temporary sensation... and your stomach does not have taste buds. It will be happy with Medifast!"

I am also spicing things up this time... making a real effort to be a Medifast Chef and keep things tasty and different. I had an "egg nog" iced vanilla shake today, and a mocha Dutch chocolate warmed-up shake, and I'm having MF "Taco Salad" over fresh greens tonight. I also spent some time going through the Lean Cuisine section of the Forum, and cutting and pasting recipes into my own little personal recipe card file. I can now pull out something tempting when I am thinking of doing something stupid!

I also ordered some of those sugar-free Da Vinci syrups in Peanut Butter, Chocolate, Dulce de Leche and Spice Blend, to add to coffee and the shakes, hot cocoa, cappucinno, pudding and oatmeal. ANYTHING to keep me and my cravings running ON this program rather than aimlessly wandering in the 190-200 pound zone I have been.

Just because I'm used to being in that fat zone does not make it ok. Or healthy! Or sexy! ;)

Remember the extras you can have too. They are saving my butt!
- 3 stalks celery with salsa
- 2 cups bouillon (Better Than Bouillon rocks!)
- 2 dill pickles
- coffee or tea
- 1 packet MF crackers
- Lean & Green if it's on your plan

When I get mad cravings, I am having a can of spinach, beets, asparagus or sauerkraut, with a splash of vinegar or country-style mustard.

And lots of tea! Anything to keep me thinking I'm nourishing myself, and sometimes it is just about putting something hot in my mouth and holding it in my hands.

Stay tough Kat!
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby AnnaKat » February 28th, 2005, 9:01 am

My first roll call...this is a great idea! I lost 4 lbs this week (my 4th week) for a total of 22 lbs!!!!!! :yes:

Congrats to all the losers! Keep up the good work
Annakat

Start date 9/23/08
297/297/150

1st Goad - 275
AnnaKat
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby raederle » February 28th, 2005, 9:04 am

Great job, AnnaKat! It's time for you to graduate to the 20 # CLUB!!!

Congrats!!!
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle

Postby Karen » February 28th, 2005, 11:58 am

two pounds down for me this week. Down is good, 2 steps closer to goal!!
5'3 50 y/o Married
Started MF 11-08-04
Renewal experience 7-16-05
Karen
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby cthrn007 » February 28th, 2005, 12:32 pm

Hey there all you losers!! What a week!! Congratulations to all you losers!!!

Congrats on the #20 club AnnaKat - that is awesome!!

You can do it RavenKat!! We are all pulling for you!!

Stick to it bk... I had two weeks on the full fast with no loss - zip- zilch - nada! I was 100% compliant. Hold out & don't give up and it will come off!! It did for me and I am finally over the hump. What everyone says here is sooo true...a stall is common and typically a sign that you are about to see some serious droppage of poundage!! Stick to it and it'll be worth it!

I am glad all of the kiddos and you are OK Joan Roman & congrats on the loss despite the unexpected stress!! Way to go!!

You are sooo close to 20 lbs. scrabbler!!! I can't wait!

Welcome Spunky & congrats to you too on #1 with MF!!

I haven't been posting here (keep forgetting on Sun) but lost 5 lbs this past week after a dry spell too!! Yippie!!! Biggest week ever!!!

Shake it like ya' mean it!!!
~C
cthrn007
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby raederle » February 28th, 2005, 1:35 pm

Catherine, you're doing so well! Only a few pounds to go to get to goal-- I'm very proud of you! :hug:
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle

Postby scrabbler7 » February 28th, 2005, 7:29 pm

Catherine - thanks for the support --- it's been tough seeing everyone on here doing 30 pounds or more in the 6 weeks that I have only dropped 18. And then I say to myself "Are ya NUTS???" 18 pounds ... geez - that's 1/2 my son!!!!

I'm looking forward to the 20 pound club - so maybe this week - and if not - then maybe the next week. But I'm healthier, I'm stronger, and I"M DOING THIS!!! Then the 30 pound club ... then the 40 then goal ... I'll get there with the help and support of all my medifast friends.

AnnaKat - wooo hooo - 20# club. I'm gonna be there with you real soon.

rae -- I love that you changed your tag ... that's right girl ... that goal is in site but you'll take it when it gets here. We just all have to be inspired by your persistance and your stamina to take this through to the end.
scrabbler7

Postby cthrn007 » February 28th, 2005, 7:53 pm

That's right Ame!

I mean, just think about it, I have watched every carb, refined sugar, fat gram and calorie along with working out 6 days a week and weight training three more days a week. Consistent work like that for years had never taken my weight down 18 lbs and I was compliant on that program too. 3 lbs a week is SO AWESOME I almost feel guilty that this MF works so fast!

I went to dinner with my parents this past weekend and we ate at a Mexican food restaraunt. I am on the full fast 99% of the time except for emergencies like this. I DO LOVE Mexican food!! I figured I could have a bite or two of chicken and some of the grilled veggies and be done with it and go home to happy safe MFast land. My Mom insisted that 5 oz of chicken is the size of your palm and I couldn't remember if that was actually 5 or 8.... I knew I could only have 4 oz. So I was all nervous about that. I specifically asked them to make my grilled veggies sans oil or butter or anything at all... just grilled with lime. Well, the fajitas came back with melted butter drizzled all over them (and a bowl of butter on the side) and my specially prepared veggies had a suspicious looking oil/butter colored liquid floating around the plate. :scratch: Funny thing is... I did NOT want them, at all!! We picked out the least buttery chicken and I tried the veggise... but I DID not want to blow it so much that I just ate pico de gallo and went home and had a shake!

I am way to close now to let that stall my weight loss another week!!

I bet they think I am crazy or have an eating disorder or something because for the first time in my life I did not even remotely want Mexican food!! No way, Jose - I am going to be so hot in my little sun dresses and biking this summer! My first week on MF - I might have cheated but now that I can see and feel a big difference...

Nancy is right - NOTHING tastes as good as thin feels.

Keep at it girl and we will both be there before ya know it!!!

Shake it like ya' mean it!!
~C
cthrn007
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Nancy » March 2nd, 2005, 12:06 am

Yippy Skippy!

Great losses, People!

This is the beginning of a new week and a new month. Spring Break is on its way and then summer. Let this not be a bummer of a summer but the healthiest and happiest of them all for you.

BK, I am so thankful that you logged on and made your weekly report. You had a successful week becaue you did the right things and we shall not fret or freak out but keep right on the path that leads to Thinville.

We will all have weeks like that but then there will be blissful weeks, too. Hold on to your shaker jar, we'll get you there, shake by shake!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby bk » March 2nd, 2005, 9:47 am

thanks everyone for their support! i am happy to report as of day 50, in just 7 weeks, i am down 28.5 pounds!

so yes, just stick with the program and it will take care of you!
bk
Preferred Member - #50 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Roll Call