Sunday Morning Roll Call, February 13, 2005

Join our weekly (Sunday) weigh in.

OMG Almost forgot

Postby Joan Roman » February 13th, 2005, 6:39 pm

Rae...you're my hero...you keep going even being so close to goal. I know that those last few pounds are tough! You are an inspiration!

Joan
Joan Roman
Trusted Member

Postby raederle » February 13th, 2005, 6:49 pm

:mrgreen: Awwww... Thanks, Joan!

I'm really proud of everybody-- the big losers (Andi, Kass, Triskets, monkeymom, 24K) really stuck it out and got a great reward for the hard work, and the little losers (scrabbler, hkfl, bk, Judy, sister, Joan, and mindovermatter-- I'm countin' you, too!) are keepin' their eyes on the prize no matter how slow the going seems at times. I'm really serious when I say the real reason I've been able to be this successful on MF, unlike on ANY other diets (from Atkins to Zone!), is all YOU GUYS.

Thanks for bein' there. We'll make it. We really will. This time is for real. Not one more day of our lives wasted on feeling bad about being fat and failing at being thin. Let's take back our bods!!! ;)

:goteam:
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » February 14th, 2005, 1:12 am

All right, Kids ~

Glad to hear from you and to know of your positive outlook. We trust that the credit card company currently holding your account hostage will soon release it, Berk.

Folks, in light of Valentine’s Day and :heart: Heart Health month, with every shake you make, think of how happy your heart and arteries are that you are shaking and slurping that good-for-you soy protein shake. Yeah!

This week will be awesome because you are learning to take control of your emotions and to make good choices. The :bounce: re-bounder or a :stroll: walk around the block is a great stress reliever and a belly buster.

Some of you are parents...your kids are watching you and listening to you - are you :x grumbling and groaning, crabbing and :twisted: cursing because you are eating healthy? :oops: or are you :angel: praising and speaking :thumbup: favorably about how good it feels and tastes to be eating healthy foods, to be making wise choices to reach a healthy weight?

:scratchhead: Do you keep the refrigerator stocked with veggies and fruits, low fat cheese and yogurt for your kids and other non-dieting household members or are you still buying Twinkies, cupcakes, trans fatty chips and chocolate sandwich cookies filled with icing that tastes like Crisco and clogs their little arteries? Huh? :mrgreen:

We need to be good examples to our children and grandchildren. If the typical snack foods that you used to eat are not good for you, why buy them and keep them on hand for your children? :shock: Huh?
:huh:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Aussiegirl » February 14th, 2005, 1:51 am

Hi everyone,

Well, I lost 2lbs this week, which is .9 of a kg. It's better than nothing, but it's only my third week and would have liked more. I must do more exercise. We have been going up that mountain track I mentioned previously, every sunday , only half way, which is still quite a climb.

My husband who is also doing the same life style change as me, is riding 9.2 miles (15km) a day on his push bike :shock: He has already lost over 22 lbs (10kgs) and is already 1/3 of the way to his goal weight. Woohoo!!,(I shouldn't be jealous, should I?) but also have to remember that men loose quicker than women. :?

It's just so hot here at the moment, 97degrees! Too hot to walk or anything ( I have to keep going to conversion sites so you all know what I'm talking about) !
It's so inspiring to see all of you doing so well. Although I am actually on optifast, I joined your group because when I visited you, there seemed to be such a strong support network happening here. So, I'm sorry if I'm not really meant to be here, half way round the world from all of you, but thanks for having me!
Lots of hugs,

Gabby
302/282.9/154

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Aussiegirl
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby itsgonnaworkthistime » February 14th, 2005, 7:19 am

It looks like things are moving down very well for most of you. Congratulations!!!
Well I am down 2.5 pounds this week. I'm still longing for those 4-7 pound weeks....which I think will not be in the cards for me, especially after 3 weeks of very little loss.

So that is a total of 23.5 pounds in 35 days.

Maura
Start Date: 1/2/2007
itsgonnaworkthistime
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Mrsshrinkinglady » February 14th, 2005, 7:38 am

Happy Valentine's Day All!!!
I am running late and must go!!
The good news is I didn't gain any weight this week without being able to work out at all due to my shoulder injury :cry:
But the bad news is I didn't lose any either :cry:
SO I am still at 69.5 lbs lost in my 17th week today.
I am hoping the Doc will sanction the gym again after tomorrow's appt and I will be back to losing again this week!!
CONGRATS to all our losers!!!
Shrink aka Mary
324/254.5/180
Mrsshrinkinglady
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Triskets » February 14th, 2005, 9:05 am

Hi All! Happy Valentine's Day :heart: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose:

I'm sooo happy for the courage everyone has in posting their past week's losses/challenges/changes. Let's give ourselves a big round of applause! :cleader: :thumbup: :cleader: :thumbup: :cleader: :thumbup: :cleader: :thumbup: :cleader:

Whether we lost/gained or stayed the same weight, we made it through another week on the MF plan. Let's give ourselves credit for the wonderful job we are doing. Think of the alternative... we don't want to go back there do we?
Hip Hip Hooray for us and for the MF Team! :cleader: :cleader: :cleader: :cleader: :cleader: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast:
Trish
Pound by pound my weight is coming down!
Start over 2/9/2008
268/252
Triskets
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby raederle » February 14th, 2005, 10:18 am

Triskets wrote:Whether we lost/gained or stayed the same weight, we made it through another week on the MF plan. Let's give ourselves credit for the wonderful job we are doing. Think of the alternative... we don't want to go back there do we?

Well said! I sure don't wanna think about where I'd be if I chose to let myself fall down! :mrgreen:
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Karen » February 14th, 2005, 1:33 pm

:x Grump!! Only a 1/2 pound loss this week....but, I had measurements done...over 17 inches lost since 1/3/05! I guess that's still good. I am just greedy for those 5-6 pound loss weeks. I think patience is NOT my strong suit. I just feel so successful so far, I want the rest of this weight off NOW! I went shopping... that helped a bit. I am down from a size 26 to an 18 in just a wee bit over 3 months.
5'3 50 y/o Married
Started MF 11-08-04
Renewal experience 7-16-05
Karen
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby JuliaMejia » February 14th, 2005, 4:39 pm

Hey everyone, I am weighing in a little late since I worked all weekend, I am down 6 pounds, (it's my first week) My kids are eating CANDY - CHOCOLATE! I'm gonna have a nice MF hot chocolate :) Are any of you being tempted? Don't give in! It's so nice to read all your posts and weekly tallys!
May 1st 2006...Highest Weight 265...

Started Medifast December 8th, 06 Weight = 236.8 :(

JuliaMejia
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby JuliaMejia » February 14th, 2005, 4:43 pm

KAREN

17 inches is nothing to GRUMP about! WOW! I bet you look great in your new size 18! Are you gettting noticed? I bet you are! Just hang in there becasue you are doing so fabulous!
May 1st 2006...Highest Weight 265...

Started Medifast December 8th, 06 Weight = 236.8 :(

JuliaMejia
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » February 14th, 2005, 6:07 pm

Julia,
Let me know what Avatar you'd like, and I'll fix it up for you.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby cplantho » February 14th, 2005, 6:32 pm

Well, here I am, end of week three. I lost 4 pounds this week. Yay! :yay: I was suprised, I really didn't feel like I lost much this week. Goes to show what I know. My goal is to be down 20lbs next week, which just happens to be my birthday. I also finish the initial 4 week complete fasting plan that my center uses. Then I start the 5 and 1. Ahhhh....some real food! I'm looking forward to it. Happy Valentine's Day!!!!
Christy
301/273.2/199

Started Jan. 24, 2005
cplantho
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby jene115 » February 14th, 2005, 7:22 pm

I was going to weigh in today since I forgot to yesterday. I know I've lost, but my new scale weighs me heavier than the old one, which means my starting weight was over 300 pounds :cry: I have no idea what I weigh, but I assume the new scale is accurate. The other scale got moved from Colorado and could have become uncalibrated.

I'm feeling kind of nauseous and felt really tired at work today and of course my boss kept me later than usual. I feel like I'm coming down with something so I guess early to bed tonight. I used all my sick days I've earned so far back when I had a bad sinus infection, before meeting you fine folks.
Jen
03/01/08
"I'm stronger than my cravings!"
jene115
Preferred member

Previous

Return to Roll Call