success in a shaker cup! WOW 8 weeks and wow!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

success in a shaker cup! WOW 8 weeks and wow!

Postby churchie » January 31st, 2005, 8:33 pm

This is Churchie and I am so excited. I only weigh once per month, otherwise I get almost as obsessed with a scale as I do food. I lost 40 pounds in 8 weeks! Plus before I started Medifast I had lost 10 pounds so altogether 50!

I cannot believe the results of Medifast. My doctor also gave me awesome vitamins today and was as excited I think as I was! She cannot wait to show my cardiologist that referred me to her. SHe is the internist for the cardiac team.

Anyhow, feeling great, more energy than I have had in 4 years of illness! Wow.................Such hope! My body was refusing to lose weight, thank you for the support and I want to thank Nancy she is an inspiration and a wonderful health care advisor.

I am shakin on........this thing works. I love to read the posts and also Wed listen to Dr. Anderson.

Wish you all a good night. :D
gail
churchie
Newbie - #40 Club

Postby mindovermatter » February 1st, 2005, 6:50 am

Gail-

WOW is right. That's fantastic results, good for you! Sounds like you'll be at goal in no time at all.

Best wishes, Beth
1/06/05
225/175/140

Jan - down 21 lbs
Feb - down 12 lbs
Mar - down 10 lbs
mindovermatter
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby itsgonnaworkthistime » February 1st, 2005, 8:37 am

Hi Churchie,

Congrats on the fantastic results!!!!

I was curious, are you on the 5/1 or the complete fast?

Maura
Start Date: 1/2/2007
itsgonnaworkthistime
Preferred Member - #50 Club

reply to maura

Postby churchie » February 1st, 2005, 10:09 am

Yes, Maura, I do the 5 in 1. For me, I feel it is better and healthier in the long run.

Nancy shared with me, the difference between 5 and 1 and all shakes, is 1/2 pound a week less. I feel to make the transition back to food and maintenance it is vital to me and my body to have some food and rouffage. I did optifast in 1988 and it was too shocking for me to transition, I actually became anorexic.
Then I my eating got out of control until I got into OA and lost a lot of weight and kept it off for years until 2000 and my pregnancy and 2nd pregnancy and then a ton of health issues.

Health is my goal, not thinness. It is indeed very exciting to lose the pounds, more exciting to me is keeping it off. Maintenance is the key. I am reading now and preparing. If I do not change my thinking about food and body this is just another diet and I do not believe in diets.

The 5 in 1 works great. I am willing to risk the 1/2 pound difference, besides I have always read the weight stays off the slower you lose. I need to focus on a life change not just the pounds. That is me though, what others need may be different.

Thank you for your post, I appreciate it. Good luck to you too........keep on shakin.......lol :D
gail
churchie
Newbie - #40 Club

reply to beth

Postby churchie » February 1st, 2005, 10:12 am

Thank you Beth for the support. It would be great to be at goal soon, however, I am also being realistic this time around. It is in the journey not the destination.

The key is really going to be maintenance. I feel so good right now and healthy what a blessings.

Thank you again. Good luck to you too......I would love to hear how you are too......... Have a Happy Tuesday

Gail :)
gail
churchie
Newbie - #40 Club

Postby raederle » February 1st, 2005, 10:30 am

Churchie, that's soooooo great! I'm so happy for you!!! :mrgreen:
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby churchie » February 1st, 2005, 10:55 am

Thank you Raederle, I need all the encouragement I can get.

How goes it for you........you just restarted Jan 3? Bet you are doing fabulous!

Hope you have a good day today thanks again,
gail :-P
gail
churchie
Newbie - #40 Club

Return to The Weight Room