Success in a Shaker Jar, anyone?

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Success in a Shaker Jar, anyone?

Postby Diet Diva » June 4th, 2005, 10:09 am

Good Morning fellow Mfaster,

I am interested in buying the book Success in a Shaker Jar. I'd like to know your thoughts and comments for those of you that have it. Does it have tips for staying healthy, recipes, or what's the premise of the book? I'm just curious and always looking for another good resource to dig in to particularly if it helps this M-fast journey-o- mine. I'd love to hear your ideas, suggestions etc.

Thanks. Have a great day. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Diet Diva----with only 58 more pounds to go! Yipee!

PS...pardon me for the lapse in cyber etiquette, but I must scream: I LOVE MEDIFAST. IT ROCKS, IT RULES, IT HAS CHANGED MY LIFE. HANG IN THERE...THIS IS JUST TOO FABULOUS. ok,. thanks for letting me be a tad impolite there while "screaming" at the top of my lungs, which buy the way aren't smother by total lardage like they used to be! Take care all.
Diet Diva
Trusted Member - #90 Club

Postby Emma » June 4th, 2005, 10:30 am

Hi Diet Diva:

I just got it and although I haven't read the whole thing, I'm really dissapointed in it. No success stories and no recipes. It's very basic info., most of which is covered in the quick start book. There are some good tips for emotional support, but it doesn't compare to the info. you can recieve right on this forum. Sorry, but I give it a thumbs down. It's just not as good as I think it could be.

Personally, I think Nancy and Terry should right a MF book! :D

emma
Started MF: 5/18/05
5'10"

Emma
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby martha » June 7th, 2005, 5:47 pm

Diet Diva---I got thebook success in a shaker jar and like Emma wasn't impressed with it But I also bought the book Lifestyles- The Medifast patients support book and really love it.. It talks about everything on this program and about getting off it and the transition phase.. It also talks in depth about all phases of the program from the beginning- breaks down all the food groups and has charts to copy or use right in the book.. talks about exercise and alot more.. also has charts for that too.talks about realistic goal setting;the behavior chain; food labels;dining out;calories;cues and controls and a lot more.. I think you will like it better..Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Diet Diva » June 9th, 2005, 6:11 pm

Hi Martha and Emma,

Thanks for the input--it really helps. I think I'll try the Lifestyles book. That seems to be just what I had in mind.

Have a wonderful evening.

Diet Diva
Diet Diva
Trusted Member - #90 Club

Postby Nancy » June 9th, 2005, 11:46 pm

Success was written primarily for people on the complete meal replacement program and it is one of the very first publications about Medifast - it helped me so much when I started Medifasting.

There were no resources for me.

The MakeMeThinner website wasn't here yet and my Health Advisor was new to the program, just about 8 weeks ahead of me on the program and his work took him out of town. I actually began Medifasting before Take Shape For Life was developed and our excellent network of support. There was no advanced certification in those days and no workshops, etc.

Imagine! In less than two weeks, Terry and I will be attending our third annual summer conference, we will attend the advanced certification for the 4th time, and we will be addressing the attendees again this year during the opening evening event on Friday night and giving a workshop on Saturday.

Gentle Readers, you reap the benefits of our trainings and readings and experience but we had none of it but the wonderful books of Linda Spangle.

It was my little Success in a Shaker Jar book that became my Friend - it helped me so much - it kept me focused when the detractors rallied around me.

"What? You are NOT having cake? Nancy, this is not normal to just drink your lunch!

I think you are getting too thin! You NEED to eat this, I made it especially for you!

This seems a bit extreme to me - you should eat this hunk of transfatty acids..."

I could grab my Success in a Shaker Jar and my French Vanilla Oatmeal and be encouraged, I read pages during a foody commercial break on TV to keep my mind filled with information that would help me to keep going.

I think the Lifestyles book is excellent and esp. as a person nears transition and prepares for maintenance. The behavior chain is excellent.

I also suggest Life is Hard Food is Easy for those who have some emo issues.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby LilMsTexas » June 10th, 2005, 3:29 am

Where do we get the LIFESTYLES book?
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby dlr2424 » June 10th, 2005, 6:48 am

Christi............you can order that right thru TSFL........it's on the order website......... :D ......hope all is going well and your stress is leveling off.......... :hug:
donna....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Weight Loss