Success in a Shaker Jar

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Success in a Shaker Jar

Postby RavenKat » June 29th, 2004, 10:20 am

I finally broke down and bought it. I was stuck up enough to think I didn't need it. :oops:

I have been struggling lately. I haven't been this thin in over 10 years. I am running out of clothes. BUT, I am bored silly and getting lazy. I'm not bored of the shakes - I'm not bored of losing weight (duh)- I'm simply bored with the struggle. Want some food with that whine?

I read the forum several times a day. I have just read the ELEVATOR section (good reads, btw). I am not ready to stop, I just need that spark back. The spark where no matter what anyone said or did I wasn't going to eat. I may have been the most temperamental you-know-what in the world at first but I didn't care. :devious: I was doing the right thing. Hunger?! So what! No parties, no get-togethers, NOTHING to stop me. Not so, anymore.

My eating strategy for the rest of my life is NOT to live on 500 calories a day 90% of the time so I can eat crappily the other 10%. I want to eat less and heathily ALL the time so a bite of something is acceptable and part of the whole healthy lifestyle.

Screw the self pity - I need to get MAD! :x Fighting mad! :twisted: I need that burning desire!

Anybody want to do a day-by-day check of perfection? Sounds incredibly scary, actually. Maybe I can start a thread for a daily accounting. Perhaps I won't need it after a while and I can discontinue it but I think I need SOMETHING.

*sigh* Anyway. I ordered the book because I realize I need help with this. Not just butt-kicking (which is helpful) but a plan of attack. Hopefully this book will help.

Off to make a shake,
Kat
259/180/165
RavenKat
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby AJ Story » June 29th, 2004, 10:46 am

I have the book and really enjoy. I re-read portions of it from time to time. It helps even when I think I know the program well. For instance, I cut back on my Prilosec because I have lost some weight but the book recommends that you stay on it because the low food intake can aggravate acid-reflex and make you feel hungrier. (A great help for me!!)

I think when I reach my 25#, I will buy "Food is Easy, Life is Hard." I heard it is a great book. Any comments from those you have read it? :?:

Good luck to you :D

AJ
AJ Story

Postby Sylvia » June 29th, 2004, 12:55 pm

Kat,

I know exactly how you feel. I too haven't been at this weight for about 10 years and am back into all of my smaller clothes and running out of things I can wear. I've lost 28 pounds in 8 weeks but still have about 47 more to go. Sometimes when I think about how long that will take, I just about go nuts.

My biggest thing lately is that I want to eat regular food. I want to do a lot more chewing than I'm doing. I'm sick of shakes and drinking meals. I had a dream last night about eating potato chips of all things. I don't even particularly like them but the dream was more about how bad I felt after going off the plan to have them than it was about the chips themselves.

I haven't gone off the plan at all yet (which is part of what is frustrating me - I'm also thinking that I DESERVE to be losing faster since I haven't cheated), but find myself thinking about it more and more. I am just trying to stay focused and busy doing other things until this phase passes (it will - I've been through similar ones over the past 8 weeks).

The bottom line is that we can get through this relatively short time. I think you are right to start focusing on life after mf. I want to live and eat normally when this is over and I will NEVER go back to where I was!

Keep focused on not cheating - it will only drag this out longer and keep checking in whenever you need support!

Sylvia
Sylvia
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby explorthis » June 29th, 2004, 1:21 pm

Kat, AJ, and Sylvia… I am taking Sylvia’s post here for a little comparison…

I too haven't been at this weight for about 10 years
I've lost 28 pounds in 8 weeks 47 more to go. Sometimes when I think about how long that will take, I just about go nuts.

3.5 pounds a week! Congratulations!

Again, the math guy here, hoping to stave off a little boredom, though it will not go away. Once you reach the ½ way point, it’s a downhill count, which makes it a little easier. Dieting SUCKS I know. Be glad you are (were) not in my shoes. 113 pounds, compared to your 75 pounds. I am not at all making light of your wonderful achievement, 75 is a lot to lose. 47 is a lot less to lose. 8 more weeks = 28 more pounds. 2 measly months, will leave you with a miniscule 19 pounds to go. At 3.5 pounds, assuming you don’t start losing any faster, because probability is you will not slow down, as long as you remain faithful (which I am assuming you have based on your miraculous 3.5# per week loss) you can plan on being done 13 more weeks. At the end of September, you will graduate TOP OF YOUR CLASS!

I know it’s boring, but when this tiny period is gone, you will be euphorically grateful I promise… There is a never ending supply of glee at the end of the tunnel. It’s pretty obvious Medifast is working for you. You said it yourself:

The bottom line is that we can get through this relatively short time.

Think about it, you have not seen a thinner you for 10 years? Compare 10 years to a few months!!! S-H-O-R-T!

Keep it up, you CAN and WILL succeed!

THERE IS LIFE AFTER MEDIFAST, and he said: it is good!

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Landylue » June 29th, 2004, 1:27 pm

And yet another warrior has heard the singing of the dreaded siren that dwells within the 30# Club. I closed my ears to it until I stepped into the 40# Club, but it must have bitten my heel as I was crossing over, because I hear it still. And, I haven’t been the same since.

We are at a very difficult stage of this fast, Ravenkat. I think it’s that we have lost enough to where people are giving us a number of compliments, and where we ourselves are beginning to wear smaller sizes, and we are sailing high. But, there is also that hint of a tendency to ‘let up’ a little. Do things a bit differently because of the boredom. It’s a very slippery slope.

You are one of the strong ones, Ravenkat. Stay the high ground.

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby explorthis » June 29th, 2004, 2:46 pm

I think it’s that we have lost enough to where people are giving us a number of compliments,

…beginning to wear smaller sizes
…and we are sailing high.
…tendency to ‘let up’ a little.
…It’s a very slippery slope.

Landy: 208-167.6-140 (Lost 41 / 27 to go)

Landy you are SO CORRECT. It is, and probably continue to be a slippery slope. Though at my goal (or there about’s) I feel this slope every day. YES – weight loss is wonderful; maintenance seems to be easier than losing it, thus far, but there is still a line that cannot be crossed. I find myself stepping right up to that line all the time, but a little part of me, or a LARGE part of me WILL NOT allow myself to cross this line. This line is the “5-pound” rule that Nancy preaches. When she hits 5#, she instantly goes back on Medifast. Additionally Tim told me, don’t screw up 2 days in a row. Last week (early) I posted I was at my 5# upper window, and went back to shaking for about 3-1/2 days – pretty easy to get back (for now) then the weekend came, right back to (up to this minute) 4 pounds up from my goal. (hear me sighing?)

I think it will be a life long “why did the chicken cross the road” syndrome. I see how I can easily go back; revert back to my old ways. I have worked TOOOOOO darn hard, as each of you has to allow this to slip. Some of you have seen thin before, some have not. I have not. (except for a Corvette passing by in my teens) I know it will be a battle forever. This is OK.

We cannot allow the comments, as wonderful as they are, the clothes that now fit, the rides we can now go on, the seatbelt extenders we no longer wear (the list is a mile long) to stop us from progressing, getting complacent, or getting to our goal.

Most of my “WOW – you look great” comments have ceased, as I knew they would. I am still thin (well 4 pounds from it) but it is still a battle. I can tell you this, Landy has hit it on the nose – “slippery slope” It is a slope we have to keep our foot on. Prepare for this. There are high days, and low days. Hopefully we are re-learning things about ourselves that we can carry on long after Medifast is behind us.

Landy has 27 pounds to go on her quest. Very small amount in the overall perspective. I know for a fact it is hard for her. I read and re-read her posts. It is a P.I.T.A. (Pain in the XXX) to lose the weight, but worth it.

I find myself here day after day, not only to offer my own ideas, but I still need support also…..

Keep the faith (the Medifast faith)

-Mike
explorthis

What did u buy?

Postby texastrish » June 29th, 2004, 4:27 pm

What did you finally break down and buy? Is it a book? If so, what was the name? Maybe I need to buy it too.

:?:

Texas Trish
texastrish

Postby Landylue » June 29th, 2004, 4:50 pm

I wonder if you are actually aware of the number of virtual 'hugs' you give out each week, Mike. I, for one, sure needed to know that I wasn't the only frustrated soul out here getting kicked in the backside lately. A "battle" describes it perfectly.

Battle on, fellow warriors. Any amount of ground we surrender is sooooo hard to get back.

Battle on.

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby MomJackieLee » June 29th, 2004, 7:46 pm

If Success in a Shaker Jar is half as good as her other book Life is Hard...Food is Easy you will not be disappointed with your purchase!!! Linda Spangle is a great author. :thumbsup:
MomJackieLee
246/222/160
MomJackieLee
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby RavenKat » June 30th, 2004, 4:36 am

You all make me smile. :D

Yesterday was a crapfest, emotionally. I cried at my desk at work. Nice. BUT when I got home I had my medifast then went stright upstairs. I dyed my hair, read and generally stayed out of the kitchen. My funk had been infecting everything I did lately. I wasn't wearing make up to work anymore and I look like a bum in my clothes that are hanging off of me. So, today, I got dressed up and made up. Short skirt and all!

My horoscope for today reads: You can no longer rely on your old assumptions about a relationship. Finally the message gets through. You now understand something you have long suspected to be true. Your challenge is to form an entirely new set of responses for a familiar situation. Newfound confidence helps you explore further than you've ever gone before. Balance is the key. Remember that in order to get something, you must relinquish something else. Understand what you're doing before attempting to proceed.

How appropriate is that!?

I'm better today. Thanks for all your support!!!!

Kat
259/180/165
RavenKat
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to The Weight Room