Struggling

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Struggling

Postby MomsTherapy » August 5th, 2005, 9:21 am

It has been 5 weeks since start today. I lost 9lbs in the first 2 weeks. Then I did horrible on MF for about 2 weeks. I gained 4lbs. Then this week I started back and I lost back down 2lbs for a 7lb loss in 5 weeks. I know it is all my fault and I could have lost OH so much more (probably pretty close to goal).

(GUYS YOU MAY NOT WANT TO READ THIS PART)
I have been having LOTs of female problems. My husband came home last night and I showed him my swollen belly and he jokingly asked "gee...are you pregnant" (we know better because he is "fixed")

I have lots of pain and inflamation on and off during my WHOLE cycle. "That time" is acutally the BEST time of the month. Less pain! And I have a "let down" feeling in my breasts (moms that have breastfed know what Im talking about) and I stopped BFeeding 9 months ago but now I have some milk again!!

My doc scheduled a laparascopy surgery to look around because my ultrasound was inconclusive. My bloodwork all turned up fine (thyroid, hormones, etc) I have a 1000 deductable plus 20% and we are certainly not rich. Hubby took a major paycut 2 years ago to go back to school and I don't make but so much working at home with the kids. So I am stressing.

I don't HAVE to have the surgery so I am trying to hurry up and decide to have it or not. (Scheduled for August 19th) Doc wants to look around and see if he can find what may be causing all of this. He says it might be endometriosis - which he would treat with BControl Pills (yay - another way to gain weight) and if that doesn't work, more surgery. But he isn't sure if that is what it is unless he looks around.

I could wait until beginning of next year. I have to get my tonsils taken out too (no hurry, but they are cryptic - that's a whole other story) but I could space out the surgeries next year with my deduct. covered but if I do this now, I have to squeeze in the tonsilectomy before the end of the year too. Im so stressed that I just want to cry but Im too busy to even get that done.

I have a tradeshow next weekend (Part of my job is designing cross stitch and this is where we go sell our products to the craft shops and check out the new supplies) Then next Monday we have our 3 day Myrtle Beach vacation (first one ever for us) with our three kids, 8, 3, and 1. Then the surgery would be 2 weeks from today.

Yikes....

I've done great this week but then hubby made brownies last night and this morning I've had 2. I am about to throw them out.

I REALLY want to lose this extra 25 pounds. I REALLY don't like the way I look and I REALLY am struggling.

Can I get a hug .... :(
Leah (Lee-uh):D aka MomsTherapy

MomsTherapy
Trusted Member

Surgery

Postby Jan » August 5th, 2005, 9:43 am

Hi,
Have you talked to your Dr. about all this?? I didn't vote because I'm not a Dr and don't know what the possibilities are. Did he tell you what he thinks may be the problem? Are they things that just cause discomfort or are they life endangering issues?? To me this makes a big difference. You could postpone surgery if it's only a matter of comfort. But, we really don't want to delay things which may turn into other big issues. I guess I would say you need to talk with your Dr. and determine what's at stake here and then make your decision. Oh and by the way having your tonsils out as an adult is not a "piece of cake" But, it sounds like this is a necessity. Being 25 pounds overweight is not the worst thing if we are dealing with life threatening issues.

jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby MomsTherapy » August 5th, 2005, 9:50 am

No, nothing life threatening. He said there is no immediate rush to the surgery but that will help him figure out the best treatment for my symptoms. He said he was "willing to bet it is endometriosis but there is no way to tell without the surgery". Endometriosis is not life threatening, it can effect fertility (with three kids that doesn't matter) and it can make you very uncomfortable and in pain or discomfort a lot. I have been dealing with this for years and it only is getting worse over time. 6 months of waiting certainly won't kill me.

With the tonsilectomy, we have tried antibiotic treatment various times and the only "sure cure" in to take them out. And I am SOOOO ready to have them OUT! I don't care if there is a week of pain if I don't have to deal with that problem anymore.

MomsTherapy
Trusted Member

Postby martha » August 5th, 2005, 9:59 am

Hi-- I didn't vote either as I think Jan said the right thing..You really need to talk to your dr and see what he thinks is best..If it is safe to wait till next year than I am like you. I would wait and get it all in 1 year as far as deductibles go..I need 3 things my self and have decided to wait for the same reasons..(colon scope-mammogram and pap)I have the scope every year due to my dad died of colon cancer--I am 1 1/2 years behind on all of them but the new year is right around the corner and I don't want to pay 2 deductibles either..
I hate to see you hurting but I hate to see you stressing too. If this is your 1st vacation go and enjoy your children and worry about it later(only if it is really not life threating at this time)--martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby want2Bthin » August 5th, 2005, 10:23 am

Sorry you are having such a hard time right now. I really don't have any answers but I will certainly add you to my prayer list. I can tell you that I take the BC pill & have for 9 years. My OB said that some ladies may have a small gain initially but nothing substantial. They are made different then they use to be. I am on a low estrogen BC pill- she said with the one I am on there is less chance of a gain. Hope that helps a little bit.

I AM SENDING YOU A BIG HUG!!! (can't use the emoticon for some reason on this pc though so I'll just have to tell you).

Keep smiling! God does not give us more then we can handle. :-P

Angelia
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Sablebaby » August 6th, 2005, 10:21 am

Let me tell you a little story about the last time a doctor wanted to "take a look around." I was 12 1/2 when I started noticing major pain in my lower right side. My primary doctor thought it might be my appedix. So we rush to the hospital and they do all kinds of exams, including an ultrasound, barium enema :shock: (!!), and a cat scan :x . I stayed a day or two and still no one could figure it out. That first night they almost opened me up to do an emergency appendiotomy, without any real evidence! :x

Anyway, a GYN dr came in and wanted to first do an internal exam. Um, no thanks, I'm only 12!! :shock: Then he really wanted to do a laproscopy to have "a look around." NO NO NO!!!! We decided against that!!! :x

I went home and my primary doctor put me on the pill. The day that I was supposed to start taking it I STARTED MY PERIOD!!!! HELLO! I was 12 1/2, with pain in an ovary area! So, it never occured to any of the numerous dr's that that could be the problem! I was young, and I didn't know much and I was rasied by my grandmother and you know older people, they tend to forget that may happen. LOL

So, I would get a second opinion. Apparently in my case I should have had several opinions and maybe I would have gotten a smart doctor! I am very glad that I didn't have any operations, just because these dr's had their head up you know where! :shock:

Good luck!!!! :D
Heather
Sablebaby
Trusted Member

Postby KLCHRISTIAN » August 13th, 2005, 10:53 am

Leah,

I am sorry to respond so late. I have been out of contat for a couple of weeks. I work in Human Resources.

I know our medical plan has a feature that if you fulfill your deductible in the last quarter of the year they will roll it over and you will not have a new deductible in the following year. You might call your health insurance company and ask them if they do the same thing.

Pam
Weighing just once a month.....
Started 5/24/05

KLCHRISTIAN
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Nancy » August 14th, 2005, 10:17 am

Leah ~

Keep us informed about your decision. We're not doctors here and really cannot recommend anything for you. I had endometriosis and suffered for years. I am thankful that I had surgery - I was older than you are but at 44 it was an easy surgery for me. I had a total hysterectomy just three weeks before school started (I taught elementary school and was the school's assistant director). Other than having hot flashes, it was a quick recovery for me.

Your doctor and you know best about your particular circumstances and needs.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby MomsTherapy » August 22nd, 2005, 5:37 am

Thanks for the concern everyone. I opted out of the surgury and am on "Seasonal" BControl. I am one full week into the medicine and it actually seems to be helping the endometriosis symptoms. Fingers crossed that this will take care of it.

I have been totally off MF but start back today. We went on vacation and came home to one of our vehicles totalled in our back yard. Some drunk drove about 250ft (a very very long distance) from running a stop sign and just barrelled into it. And the guy gave a false address when he was finally arrested down the road for running into the ditch and driving on two flat tires, so, now no one knows where he is. Hopefully he will show up for court. Oh well, Im just glad no one was injured or killed! He was VERY intoxicated.

So, wish me luck and determination as I try this again. :) Thanks guys!

MomsTherapy
Trusted Member

Postby fatBgone » August 22nd, 2005, 5:53 am

Hi Leah,
Well I missed the whole "poll" thing when you first started asking - but just now read it all and I was thinking about what I would suggest and then you final message said EXACTLY what I thought you should do. I was going to say why not "try" the BC pills and see if that helps between now & the first of the year and then if it's not helping - go ahead and do the surgery.....and in the meantime - try to get a 2nd opinion.

It sounds like that's kinda what you're doing. I hope everything works out well for you. I'm glad you had a nice little vacation & sorry about your car getting wrecked by the dummy. But like you said - good thing nobody was hurt & hopefully he'll show up for court. Did anyone get his license plates info when they caught him? Maybe he can be tracked by that.

I'm only a week ahead of you on my re-start. We can do it!!! Take care!
Lisa
fatBgone
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby martha » August 22nd, 2005, 6:54 am

Leah--

WELCOME back stranger :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I was just fixing to PM you when I saw your post.. I was missing you friend :? ..
I am so glad you have decided to try the pills first.. Hopefully it will help..
I can't believe the drunk might get away with it..I surely hope a neighbor got a license number too. Some people have nerves of steel :shock: The law should've gotten the tag number unless it was a stolen vechile :x ..Hopefully you had uninsured motorist insurance..or no fault insurance..
Glad you are back ..have a great week.. I am looking forward to seeing less of you and fatBgone at the next weigh-in :mrgreen: You both can do it!!!--Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby MomsTherapy » August 22nd, 2005, 8:04 am

Thanks! I think I was shamefully MIA :( But Im back and determined, even though my confidence is low.

We have all of the guys information, he is just "on the run" but there is a bench warrant if he doesn't show in court. We do have his current insurance info and have filed a claim. It seems it MIGHT work out for us but I don't even want to say that yet. You know how that goes.

YES....let's all see less of one another next week!!!

MomsTherapy
Trusted Member

Postby Nancy » August 22nd, 2005, 4:56 pm

Welcome Home, Leah ~

All right - glad the scoundrel has been ID'd and we'll trust that the :lightbeam: authorities can :hammerhead: nail him so he doesn't get behind the :burnout: wheel for a while and harm some people the next time he goes out on a toot.

In your absence some of us have crashed, too but are right back at it today with our shaker jars in hand. :toast: We know you know how to do it so we'll see how your week unfolds at the next weigh-in. Hope vacation time was :shades: relaxing and just the change of pace, Moms Therapy needed!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to The Weight Room