STRUGGLING!!!!!!

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

STRUGGLING!!!!!!

Postby SneezyKitten » January 19th, 2004, 11:24 am

I have had no problems this past week and weekend. Not temptation even really. But today I AM STRUGGLING! I have had two shakes and a bar already today!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I don't even LIKE the bars!!!!!!! I am trying SOOOOOOOOOO hard to get busy with school work or house work to get my mind off this horrible feeling - I feel tired, grouchy etc etc etc. Thought since I got past first 5 days I would be okay - who knew day 6 would be a bear!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't have the urge to go crazy or even to eat bad foods, or even carbs -- just want SOMETHING........argh!!!!!!!!!!!
SneezyKitten
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby finalstraw » January 19th, 2004, 11:37 am

Do you have any shopping that needs to be done. I had to doe some this morning and it really got my mind off of the diet. I wish I could you. Think possitive thoughts. Do sip some bullion - it will make you feel full and then maybe you want feel so crabby. :?
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

1st goal - 199 (I will change when I have met it)
Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Jeanette » January 19th, 2004, 12:01 pm

There are some times when I just go NUTS thinking I have to have SOMETHING!! I remind myself that this is as much a battle of the mind as it is the body.

Coming here to post is always a good idea!! This too shall pass.
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Unca_Tim » January 19th, 2004, 12:49 pm

You're doing the right thing Sneezy,
Busy, busy busy. Find "anything" to do. Try a walk around the block or in the park. Shopping? Do women shop?....that might be a good idea...:)

You drinking your water too? Keep a bottle close by and sip all day.

Keep us posted,
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby sher » January 19th, 2004, 1:16 pm

ALSO, remember that THIN FEELS BETTER, THAN FOOD TASTES....my motto for now...and think how ABSOLUTELY TERRIFFIC YOU WILL FEEL IN THE MORNING, KNOWING YOU HAVE MADE IT ONE MORE DAY :lol: :lol: :lol: I think of the times I cheated on programs before, and how AWFUL and GUILTY I feel the next day.....you must have been there too....the feeling DOES GO AWAY....THIS IS MY FIRST day, but I DO remember that ANY diet is hard, but this is a new LIFESTYLE, AND IT IS ALSO FOR ALL OF OUR HEALTH....please remember that....WE HERE, are addicted...to FOOD...kind of like an alcoholic, or a smoker, or whatever....so we must work really hard....don't let just a few weak moments mess things up for you....YOU ARE WORTH DOING THIS, AND WE ARE HERE FOR YOU......you will be ok, really, sip hot tea too, helps the knawing in the tummy...oh I know, its only my first day, I will be back to complain I am sure....just trying to be support, you are all there for me...hang tough.... ;) ;) ;)

Sher
starting again at 196
going for white pants AGAIN...lol....
goal - when I LOOK and FEEL good

God bless us all
Sherry
sher
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Still Struggling but Surviving!

Postby SneezyKitten » January 19th, 2004, 4:20 pm

Thank you thank you thank you all!!!! I phoned up a friend and we went for a walk, then I did some random grocery shopping. I have made it so far without straying!!!!!!!!!! I did exactly what was said here: drink my water, get busy and remember why I am doing this and what my goal is. I have to hit the books tonight and that will keep me busy til bedtime.

I have no regrets for today and Tomorrow is a new day!!!!!!!!

Thanks for helping me keep my head above water!!!!!
SneezyKitten

Postby swedish » January 19th, 2004, 4:32 pm

Hi Sneezy-
As others have said, keep busy. One thing I've found to be helpful is to keep a couple boxes of the appetite suppressent shakes on hand. They really do leave you feeling fuller than the regular-it's the fiber. Sometimes you have to take 1 hour at a time, not just one day. Hope that helps!
Swedish
swedish

Postby Nancy » January 19th, 2004, 11:22 pm

Sneezy and Swedish ~

Oh, how well I remember those difficult days. It is true; sometimes it IS an hourly thing to by-pass grub. I commend you for going to the grocery store.

:shock: Yikes! You ARE strong! Gosh, I avoided a grocery store for a month or so! Couldn’t do it.

It cracked me up when Unca suggested shopping! ;) That’s a real snort! He lives with us and has been shopping maybe 8 times this year and that includes his CHRISTmas shopping and occasional grocery shopping trip! Hah!

Yeah, go to Goodwill or Value Village and look for clothing that you will be able to wear when you are two sizes smaller and buy ‘em and bring ‘em home for an incentive!

DO NOT watch TV or read magazines: TOO much food to look at! Add to your written list of all the reasons why you want to lose weight, write about how you feel today. Keep “a diary of days.”

You’re gonna make it this time and this is the last time you’ll have to go through this. This is the “learning how to do it phase.” Food is not your friend. :twisted:

Food is Fuel. Eat only what you need when you need it and we eat not because we want to but because we need to.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby LUVZHUZKYZ » January 20th, 2004, 9:35 am

Hi
I've had a big 'ol glass of sugar free orange citracel..... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, yum yum :roll:
:water: So I chug a large glass and that feels me up for the second LOL
kEEP SHAKIN~ LUVZ
197.5/195/130
Female; 5' 2''
muscular ex dancer 41yo
One single step begins a journey~
LUVZHUZKYZ

Postby SneezyKitten » January 20th, 2004, 11:53 am

Nancy,

It wasn't really strength at the grocery store: I bought celery, sugar-free jello cups, sugar-free pickles, Mrs. Dash, Wylers boullion, and sugar-free DaVinci syrup!

It was more that I wanted SOMETHING...ANYTHING! So, for the first time, I had my two celery stalks, one pickle and one jello-cup - they really helped me resist the crusty european bread, real butter, Polaner All-Fruit and Homestyle Popcorn (my normal go-to comfort foods!)

But thanks for the vote of confidence!!!!!
SneezyKitten

Postby Jeanette » January 20th, 2004, 11:57 am

SUGAR FREE PICKLES????

Tell me more! I really miss sweet pickles!!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby finalstraw » January 20th, 2004, 2:05 pm

I also did not realize there were SUGAR FREE PICKLES.
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

1st goal - 199 (I will change when I have met it)
Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby SneezyKitten » January 20th, 2004, 3:39 pm

Sorry ladies - they aren't sweet pickles!!!!!! They are mild dills and some offf brand from the international section. I DID find sugar-free sweet relish made by Mt Olive. Haven't tasted it yet though. A friend recommended I look in the Diabetic foods section of the grocery to find sugar free condiments.
SneezyKitten

Postby Nancy » January 20th, 2004, 11:21 pm

Ladies, ladies...

You have just gotten started and are barely into the whole process! I understand that you are still under the psychological pull of grub...but let's remember, we MUST think about food in a different weigh (way) now.

Food is fuel.

When people are trying to stop smoking or stop eating donuts, or stop biting their fingernails, etc. behavior mod techniques can help them to not focus on the habit they are trying to break. Some people wear a rubberband on their wrist and snap it everytime they think about having a smoke. I tried to think upon something GOOD and excellent and lovely every time I thought about grub. I have a lovely list.

When I thought/or even still think about grub too much, I think upon my lovely list and divert my mind.

Rather than run all over town looking for sugar-free pickles, why not think about how good you will feel when you reach your goal, visualize going for a walk with a friend, focus on how good you will feel when you can walk up the stairs and not huff and puff and blow your house down! :|

With every sip of your shake, you are taking back your health and saving a lot of time and $ by avoiding the grocery stores! Enjoy the extra time you now have by reading your Success in a Shaker Jar book or writing in your journal or encouraging a friend.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Indigo » January 20th, 2004, 11:34 pm

Nancy- How do I get the sale price on 'Success in a Shaker Jar'? when I go into the 'shop now' it just gives me the regular price . . .
Laurie
2/14/04~ :heart:
247/222.4/150, ~modifasting~
Indigo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Next

Return to Weight Loss