Really struggling

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Really struggling

Postby falisamarie » February 2nd, 2006, 5:46 pm

Hey fellow Medifasters!!

As most of you have probably read my Dr put me on prednisone yesterday so my first dose (other than the shot yesterday) was today. I took it and then had my hardest day on Medifast yet!!! I wanted to eat anything that was not nailed down. I was on my way to pick up my daughter and all I could think of was stopping by BK and getting a chicken sandwich and fries(no I did NOT do it). I did take her to Taco Bell and sat and drank my water while she ate. I have 9 more days of this to go and for the first time since I started 19 days ago I am seriously doubting myself. I do not want to give in to food :x I do not want to go through day 1-3 again :x I just wonder if this is a 10 day test that I can actually pass. This is my 19th day and I can honestly say that I have not cheated even in the slightest bit, nothing goes in my mouth that is not Medifast approved and I am afraid if I do slip and fall that I won't be able to get back up again. I ask you please if you are a praying person please remember me in your prayers cause I can sure use it!

Thanks as always for listening

Lisa :rose:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Loribug » February 2nd, 2006, 6:40 pm

I am very sorry to hear about the prednisone, I have lupus and have been on prednisone for about 10 years, in fact although I have been overweight all my life, I gained over 100 pounds within 2 years of being put on the steroids. The cravings are awful!!! I still feel like I can eat a horse even after all this time. If you have any questions or just want to talk let me know.
Loribug
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Lizabette » February 2nd, 2006, 6:51 pm

Lisa dear,

Prayer changes things! You will be in our thoughts and prayers. You have been such an inspiration to me and to others and we know you will continue to be.

As mentioned above, try having an extra supplement or two until you get through this, and you will remain on program.

Please let us know how you overcome this test. This too shall pass!

Lizabett
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Nicki » February 2nd, 2006, 6:56 pm

Oh Lisa I'm sorry you've had such a tough day. But just think what a victory that is! It was terribly hard, but you did it. So now you know it can be done. Just take one day at a time ... one hour at a time. The time is going to pass anyway, just think about how you'll feel ten days from now if you give in versus how you'll feel when you make it through this tempting time, staying compliant and doing what's really in your best interests. It will be a great feeling and very well-deserved. You're already an inspiration to a lot of people on this board and we all want you to succeed ... You can do it!!
Nicki
started 9/19/05

Nicki
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby Nicki » February 2nd, 2006, 6:58 pm

Oh Lisa I'm sorry you've had such a tough day. But just think what a victory that is! It was terribly hard, but you did it. So now you know it can be done. Just take one day at a time ... one hour at a time. The time is going to pass anyway, just think about how you'll feel ten days from now if you give in versus how you'll feel when you make it through this tempting time, staying compliant and doing what's really in your best interests. It will be a great feeling and very well-deserved. You're already an inspiration to a lot of people on this board and we all want you to succeed ... You can do it!!
Nicki
started 9/19/05

Nicki

Postby SueInSLO » February 2nd, 2006, 7:24 pm

(((((((((((((Lisa))))))))))))) :hug:

I'm sorry too you're going through this right now, especially with just starting on MF. But you've been strong and you have great willpower as well as you have the support of all of us. YOU CAN GET THROUGH THESE 10 DAYS!!

Steroids do make you hungry, but it will also make you well. Just do the best you can and know it will be over in a short while. You will probably have a HUGE loss once the steroids are out of your system and you're back to MF......full steam ahead!! Keep thinking positive thoughts!! Drink tons of water. :guzzle:

Type away when you need to, we'll do the best we can to help you through!!!

Hang tough girlfriend!!
Sue
:D
SueInSLO
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Soon2bFitSonja » February 2nd, 2006, 7:28 pm

Lisa:

Hang in there. You have been doing great for 19 days. I believe it takes 18 days to make something a habit. So my dear you have the habit.

I have to put prednisone in my eyes, I have Iritis. Heck maybe that's why I ate like a hog today. My Iritis flared up and I had to do the drops. I haven't yet started Medifast, just ordered my products today. But believe me, eating like I did simply was not worth it.

Try meditating, walking, or come join in here on the board. I just know you will make it through the 10 days.

Grab a 6th shake and doc it up with Davini's SF syrup and ice.

Start Date: April 4, 2006
173.6/???/134
Soon2bFitSonja
Trusted Member

Postby MusicalMomma » February 2nd, 2006, 7:34 pm

Hey Lisa :hug: you are definitely in my prayers. I'm praying that you get through this time quickly AND that you come out of this SO strong that there'll be NO stopping you! You've done great so far and it stinks that you have to endure this trial on top of all the 'every day' cravings :x

You are a champion! You are an inspiration! You are strong! You are LISA!!! MASTER MEDIFASTER!!!! :trophy:
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby falisamarie » February 2nd, 2006, 8:13 pm

Yall are the greatest group of people I have ever had the privilege of "knowing" I was reading your wonderful responses and just wanted to cry...a good cry though. I have people that I have known for years and yet in a lot of ways I feel closer to you guys. You are really the best and I know that with all of you here to support me that I might just get through this. I told my husband that I think I am going to take the prednisone a little later tomorrow so that it is closer to my lean and green meal. I am alone all day and with no accountability and no one watching I feel it would be easier to cheat.....one day down and nine to go. I am not looking forward to weigh in day as I am already considerably swollen my feet and hands are huge!!!! Well all I can do is stay on program and if I don't lose or God forbid gain I will know that it is water weight and will go away

Thanks for listening and I hope you guys don't get sick of me over the next nine days I am sure I will be posting alot!!

Love you all
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie

Postby Dayna » February 2nd, 2006, 8:28 pm

You're going to make it! Say it with me now, "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels." One more time. "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels." Write down your motivations for losing weight on note cards so you can keep them with you. Pull them out and read them when the cravings flare up. Get some catalogs with cute, skinny clothes (I like Eddie Bauer, myself) to browse (and plan your future wardrobe). Don't forget about your allowed snacks (celery, pickles, sugar free jello, etc.) - the crunch of the celery was a life-saver (or should I say program-saver?) when my husband's birthday cake was baking. If you like the sugar free gum, break a piece into smaller bits, then chew on a small bit at a time when you feel the need to munch.

You have already proven how strong you are by (1) avoiding BK, and (2) drinking water whilst watching your daughter eat Taco Bell. You have the strength to make it through the next 9 days. We're praying for you!!

- Dayna
Someone once wrote:I'm allergic to cake. I break out in fat when I eat it.

8/05 - 275
SD - 1/17/06 - 259

Dayna
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby DogMa » February 2nd, 2006, 8:48 pm

Hang in there, Lisa. Hopefully, the 10 days will be over before you know it (it's already down to nine). I'm with everyone else; take full advantage of your allowed snacks, and have an extra shake if you need it. Try going with more soy products than whey; they're supposed to control appetite better. And I know for me, some products make me feel fuller than others (chili and soup and even cocoa fill me up far more than shakes do, for instance).

And every time you get those cravings, remind yourself that it's the medication and that if you can just hold out another week or so, they'll be gone and the temporary water weight will be gone, and you'll be SOOOO much happier for having stuck to the plan.

Maybe when you're in the house alone you can find stuff to do as far away from the kitchen as possible. Or take a walk or a drive. And come here anytime. There's almost always SOMEone around.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa

Postby MusicalMomma » February 3rd, 2006, 8:46 am

Yeah!! How's our wondeful Lisa doing today??? :hug:
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby falisamarie » February 3rd, 2006, 8:54 am

Thanks for all the wonderful responses!!! God must be listening to your prayers cause my hubby works construction and it happens to be raining cats and dogs here in FL so at least he is here and I have someone watching me. Have not taken my predisone yet today and really dreading it to tell you the truth!!! So far so good today, I will check in later with you guys and thanks for the support.

Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie

Postby Dayna » February 3rd, 2006, 11:40 am

Glad to hear you're making it! :hi5: Prednisone is for 8.5 days, a Medifast-achieved healthy, beautiful body is forever. ;) Keep letting us know how you're doing!

- Dayna
Someone once wrote:I'm allergic to cake. I break out in fat when I eat it.

8/05 - 275
SD - 1/17/06 - 259

Dayna

Postby Guest » February 3rd, 2006, 11:42 am

Hang in there!! You've done great so far - this is only a minor glitch in the big picture!!!

I'll be thinking of you!!! Stay strong!!

Cheers -
Maria

Next

Return to The Weight Room