Storing Medifast

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

storage

Postby guest » May 11th, 2006, 8:08 pm

I bought those plastic drawers at target so i could put each type of food in different drawers, makes it really accessable and easy to store

Postby sidrah » May 11th, 2006, 8:33 pm

Gallon size ziploc baggies in the cabinet. I have the space!

Lots fit in there and I group them by what they are. Some soups are mixed, mostly shales are divided by flavor.

I used to stack them by my own wacked categories on the countertop, but not so much anymore. I got sick of crap on the counter, even though I have plenty of room there.

An option is to throw it all in a garbage bag and pick a random packet; 5 or 6 surprises a day await you
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby just_julie » May 12th, 2006, 8:26 am

I'm the one who posted a pic of my inside the pantry door rack. Here's a link to the post. It's about 6 posts down.

http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/diet-5932-0-asc-15.html

Still love the organization!
just_julie

Started March 4th (aka my day to go forward)

just_julie
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby jump4joy » May 12th, 2006, 11:01 am

Wow, Julie! :whattha: Your pantry door rack is a thing of organizational BEAUTY. :bow: Makes me wish I had a door like that in my pantry....mine is just kitchen cabinets. You did good! :) Like you, I like to pick out what I feel like eating each meal....I do end up with too many not-so-favorite flavors, tho'. I swear I could just live on the choc. RTD's and Cocoa. I keep the other flavors around in case I want something different.
Motto: The time will pass whether I diet or not.
jump4joy
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Ct. Yankee » May 12th, 2006, 4:41 pm

Thanks, Julie, this is the link that I mentioned in my previous post on here for reference. Maybe, with you posting this link, more people will see what a great idea that yours is. :roll: The plastic drawer idea is also great. Both ideas are so much neater, compact, and the supplements are so easy to find, not to mention space-saving. I use the plastic drawer idea that I saw in the topic you posted with your picture of the door storage. :D And, like you, it still serves me well, everyday! Thanks, Julie for calling attention to what I was posting about!

Joan
Ct. Yankee
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby jump4joy » May 12th, 2006, 4:50 pm

Ct. Yankee wrote:Thanks, Julie, this is the link that I mentioned in my previous post on here for reference. Maybe, with you posting this link, more people will see what a great idea that yours is. :roll: The plastic drawer idea is also great. Both ideas are so much neater, compact, and the supplements are so easy to find, not to mention space-saving. I use the plastic drawer idea that I saw in the topic you posted with your picture of the door storage. :D And, like you, it still serves me well, everyday! Thanks, Julie for calling attention to what I was posting about!

Joan

So Joan, did you end up buying the same plastic drawers that Joelie had in her picture? I don't have room for a drawer tower, but maybe it would work for me if they sell shorter drawer sections. I really like the ideas here and trying to make better use of space in storing my MF.
jump4joy

Postby Ct. Yankee » May 12th, 2006, 9:31 pm

Hi Joy! I found mine at Walmart, also.

It is not as tall and has less drawers than the one pictured on the link. This one is 25"high---12 1/2" wide---13 1/2" deep--approximate. It has three(3) good sized deep drawers, so the boxes fit in nicely. It comes with casters, optional if you want to attach them. I use many of these plastic drawers for neat storage in my closets. This one for MF is very compact, doesn't take up much space, and I have it in a corner of a room. Stick a flower pot on the top and you are good to go!!! :)

PS: I don't order a month's supply at a time, but rather in small frequent orders. So, I am not sure whether all the boxes would fit with a large order, taking into consideration that you would still have some boxes of supplements left over from your previous order. However, if you know the cooking instructions for your particular favorites, then you really don't need all the boxes...I store some loose packets sometimes along with the boxes. Right now, I have twenty boxes, some loose packets and a few RTD's that are fitting fine. Hope this helps! ;)

Joan
Ct. Yankee
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby jump4joy » May 13th, 2006, 11:14 am

Thanks for providing the dimensions, Joan...that's helpful. I do as you do and order small frequent orders on items I'm getting low on.

I found some clear plastic Sterlite shoeboxes that I had in storage and this morning I took all my supplements, threw away the boxes (and cut out the front picture of each flavor, sorted them by category, and now they fit nicely on one shelf in a kitchen cupboard. I put my crackers in a gallon ziplock. Everything is more compact and easier to access, so I'll try this for a while and see. I still like the plastic drawer idea, I only have room on one corner of my countertop for one no higher than 18".

Thanks for the ideas!
jump4joy

Postby summerblue » May 15th, 2006, 7:02 am

Well - DH and I are also both on MF. I have cleared a shelf in the pantry for it, since we buy so much less 'other' stuff it works out just fine.

...and I only really keep about 2 weeks or so supply at a time, I don't 'over buy' - I buy our supply then order when we are getting low.

HTH
Start Date: September 17, 2006!!!!

DH also on MF, Kids Are 12 and 10 - and of course OAKLEY the dog :-)
summerblue
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby just_julie » May 15th, 2006, 9:06 am

BTW - they make the inside the door racks in different sizes. They might work in cabinet doors too... I got mine at the Container Store, but I've seen them at Lowe's too...
just_julie

Started March 4th (aka my day to go forward)

just_julie
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Becky » May 19th, 2006, 8:29 pm

I always have a ton of stuff too & don't have a GREAT place to store it... we have a computer desk next to the kitchen that has shelves on one side & i stack them on the shelves. The only problem is that little Nicholas crawls over & LOVES pulling them off the shelves & then using them like ice skates on his hands to slide around on the carpet & kitchen floor. He especially likes the loose packets as they are more slippery. So everyday I go around gathering the boxes of MF & the packets & putting them back on the shelves while he's taking his naps. Hah! I only order RTD's for shakes, and I love the new way the case comes. They are more compact & I can stack two rows two high & they don't take up much space against the wall. I usually keep a whole shelf in the fridge full of them.
Becky (Pettit) Renfro
Certified Health Advisor
Becky
Trusted Member - #70 Club

Previous

Return to Weight Loss