Starting Tomorrow

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Starting Tomorrow

Postby jennstall » July 8th, 2006, 7:54 pm

Hello everyone! I ordered my product a few days ago and FedEx showed up today with it so I will be starting Medifast tomorrow! Yay!

I've been lurking and reading the forums for the past week and a half or so and I'm very excited to begin. I have a little over 100 lbs to lose and tomorrow I'll be buying a scale so I know what I actually weigh right now. Last time I checked (in Sept.) I was about 270. I'm nearly 5'10 so I figure a goal weight of about 160 or so.

I did a doctor's supervised program similiar to Medifast in Australia about 15 years ago, but gained all the weight back and more while my marriage was breaking up so I'm pretty optimistic that this will work for me. I'm glad you are all here. You have such great ideas!

Jennifer
jennstall
Newbie - #20 Club

Postby Elke » July 8th, 2006, 8:01 pm

Hiya Jennstall, Nice to have you here. Welcome to MF. I know you will like the results of MF. Its nice to have you here.
Elke
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » July 8th, 2006, 10:05 pm

Hi Jennifer!

Welcome to MF and the shakers! I"m so thrilled for you! I"m also 5'10", nice to have another tall girl around here!

Ask us anything you need to, we're a nice bunch!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Jen » July 8th, 2006, 10:18 pm

Welcome! You'll find a lot of great people here ready to help out.
Start date: 6/22/06 : 36 : 5'7" : 262/190/140
Jen
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby sidrah » July 8th, 2006, 10:52 pm

Hi,
Welcome! It is good to see you excited about starting. You will do great and if you have any questions, you know where to go for some quick answers
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby sheila » July 9th, 2006, 1:47 am

Hi and welcome to our group! Glad you found us!
sheila
sheila
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Arklahoma » July 9th, 2006, 7:35 am

Welcome, jennstall!!!
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby jennstall » July 9th, 2006, 9:36 am

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!!!
jennstall
Newbie - #20 Club

Postby Karli » July 9th, 2006, 11:30 am

Hi, Jennifer !! Welcome aboard :wavie:. I think you are going to love MF and get great results !! I am 6'0 tall, so we are a similar height (and DeDe, I notice that you are also a tallie :mrgreen: ) and I just started my prep work and then MF two weeks ago... I am planning to give a whole new meaning to the label : 'Amazon woman' (which I used to hate being called).

Lean, mean (but nice, too :-P), intense, machine.

So happy to be on our journies together :).

Karli
Karli

Postby JKSRN » July 9th, 2006, 3:22 pm

Glad you are here with all of us, Jennifer! :D
Joan
JKSRN
Preferred member

Postby loriannk » July 9th, 2006, 6:20 pm

HI!

Besides weighing yourself your first day I recommend measuring yourself. That is one thing I didnt do right away and wish I had. Sometimes the scale may not move but you will notice inches melting away.

Good Luck.

Lori
3 kids ages 2, 8 & 9
loriannk
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby jennstall » July 9th, 2006, 8:56 pm

Thanks, everyone! And Lori, that is a great idea. I'll whip out my mother's measuring tape tomorrow and take some starting measurements.

Today we went to Target to buy a scale. Naturally we left Target having spent a few hundred dollars on all kinds of other stuff -- curtains, pillows, bedsheets, but NO FOOD! I did get the scale though and I'm currently 280 lbs, so it looks like I have about 120 to lose.

I'm amazed at how much food I've eaten today. I think my usual routine is not to eat anything at all until quite late in the day and then I end up basically continuing to eat until I go to bed. Not good. My day started at 11.30 this morning after sleeping in late with the maple/brown sugar oatmeal (not bad, but I added Splenda before tasting and I think I might forgo it next time.) At 2.30 I had an orange shake blended w/ice (delicious!) and at 5:30 I had a bar. My lean & green at 8.00 was steak and asparagus cooked on the grill. Everyone ate the lean with me and skipped the green. My family is so crazy. Bunch of meat addicts! Course, they are thin!

A few hours after that I had the choco pudding (blech -- too soy tasting) and now I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to actually handle one more thing. I was thinking the chai latte. I'll head to bed around 2 am so I think I'll have it around 1 a.m. Does anyone else actually have problems getting all five of the medifast products in? I'm hoping my appetite will adjust. I'm also thinking bout spacing meals 2 to 2.5 hours apart instead of 3 apart so I only have one additional meal in the evenings after my lean & green. I think I'm also going to scale back my sleep schedule as well so I get up a bit earlier.

I did have a headache this afternoon, but I bet it was from caffeine withdrawal. With all the water I drank today (slosh, slosh) I didn't drink the 5-6 cans of Diet Coke I normally would. I had two of them. If cutting back on the DC is a side effect of being on the program, I'll be happy about that. Some people are addicted to coffee. I'm addicted to Diet Coke.

See you all tomorrow!
jennstall
Newbie - #20 Club

Postby sidrah » July 9th, 2006, 9:24 pm

Hi,
Now that it is summer time and I don't have to get up for work until school begins again, my sleep schedule is so messed up. Most night I go to bed around 4 am, so I know where you are coming from. A few times I have doubled up on a meal and had 2 oatmeals, for instance, instead of one because I knew I could not stay awake to fit everything in.

I have been doing some 2.5 hours apart and some 3 apart. I do get everything in at some time, though.

Good luck
sidrah
Preferred member

Hi

Postby dede4wd » July 10th, 2006, 4:34 pm

Hi My name is DeDe and I'm a DietCokeaholic!

I feel you on the DC thing! I have weaned myself to one per day (16.9oz), so I'm very happy about that!

As far as getting all the meals in, it is very important! Even if you have to space them closer together! A lot of times, I have the hot cocoa as my last meal if I'm not hungry (iced if I'm in Arizona!) because that one isn't as filling to me...

My sleep schedule totally adjusted itself after about 10 days on MF. I was beat and if I could get away with it, I'd sleep 10 hours a day and still be beating the heck out of the alarm! Then I was waking up on my own after 8 hours. It was weird, but welcome!

BTW. I went into Target to get a swimsuit and batteries...spent $160. I feel your pain!

Take care, let us know if you need anything!

DeDe
dede4wd

Return to Come on in.