starting tomorrow

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

We are new as of tomorrow July 1 2006!!!

Postby mousehouse62 » June 30th, 2006, 7:09 pm

Ok, my husband and I start the journey tomorrow! We are both a little apprehensive to start because it seems as if it shall be a huge task and we both wonder if we have the stamina to keep up with it. I have done tons of research and know that the first three days are the toughest but I think together as a team and reading what others have written, will help us both to stick this and get 'er done! Thanks for letting me start the journey! Whew!
S/W 179
Now 152 1/2
G/W 135
HUBBY HAS MET HIS GOAL OF 155!!!! Go sweetie!!! :0)
mousehouse62
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby Arklahoma » July 1st, 2006, 7:25 am

Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby LovenElvis » July 1st, 2006, 7:33 am

WELCOME to the forum and WELCOME to ridding yourself of bad nutrition! You are going to be amazed and you are going to be surprised!

Laura Blake
LovenElvis
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Karli » July 1st, 2006, 7:58 am

Welcome to the forum and welcome to the plan !! :thumbig:

I do know that seeing the scale read : "weight-loss" is very encouraging, and weight-loss seems to happen quite immediately for people. Hope all goes well !!

Also, have you purchased the book "Success in a Shaker jar" ? It has tips on how to go about the program, especially if you are not sure you can stick to it for the full length of time. They even suggest breaking up your weight loss goals into mentally-manageable chunks, and then reassessing your program after your first goal is reached, if that would be helpful to your overall mentality. You may find it helpful to read.

Plus, this forum is an absolutely wonderful support-opportunity for you on your entire journey.

Best wishes on your new and DESERVED adventure,
Karli
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby pinkflamingonewsgirl » July 1st, 2006, 8:27 am

congratulations on your decision to lose weight! You can do it! :D
pinkflamingonewsgirl

Postby TonyR » July 1st, 2006, 1:17 pm

well the first thing that is great is that you and your husband are doing this TOGETHER!! My wife and I are doing this together too(btw, her name is SharonR on here, I am sure you will see her around here quite a bit!)!! It is always easier to have someone that you can be accountable with! The one thing that I could convey to you is to not get upset that your husband is losing more weight than you! I have lost 55 pounds so far and my wife has lost 25. Dont get me wrong, she is doing a wonderful job and I encourage her daily, but she gets upset because I am losing quicker! You just have to always keep in mind that us men lose more, and quicker so keep your chin up through it! MF is not hard at all! The only question in the morning you have to ask yourself is " what 5 meals am I going to eat today", and then you go to the pantry and pick them and there you have it! The only other question is what will we have for our L&G? Not hard either! You can do this! Keep up on this board and you will get a ton of encouragement! Good luck on your journey and keep us posted! ;)
Start 5/1/06
Goal 3/1/07
TonyR
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » July 1st, 2006, 8:22 pm

I just wanted to welcome you! I think it is so cool that you have a "built-in-buddy to do this program with you! I'm so happy you're starting! Ask us anything you need!

DeDe
dede4wd

Postby Denise » July 2nd, 2006, 12:07 pm

Best of luck to both of you! :lol:
Denise
Preferred member

Postby Elke » July 2nd, 2006, 3:05 pm

YEA! Welcome to the board. This is a great place for support and answers. I look forward watching you become.
Elke
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby smartipantz » July 2nd, 2006, 5:41 pm

Welcome to the place with the best support group you could ever hope for. And the best thing.... you don't have to leave your house to be around your buddies.

I visited this forum daily for three months straight. I had alot of questions answered for me, shared my successes and challenges, just to find out there were others dealing with the same issues as myself. We are there for you!!

Not only are we here to lose those dreaded pounds, but we are moving in a direction of optimal health. Society has assisted us with our bad habits.... fast food, lack of motivation due to time-saving, effortless methods.... bandaid medications. We have to do this ourselves and I have to say this program WILL help us win. I have never felt so good and satisfied .... I love this program and all these people! Stick with us and the program and you will LOVE the results (and the compliments that you receive).

Good luck!!

Smarti
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Thanks!

Postby mousehouse62 » July 3rd, 2006, 8:52 am

Thanks everyone for your words of support!
Hub and I are doing well.....biggest challenge, Not being able to eat FRUIT! I am a fruit-aholic so this is a HUGE challenge for me, but of course I am only on day three so as the days and weeks go by, I think it will become easier. Hubby wants to quit but he's always like that! He'd prefer to weigh 180 lbs and feel like carp instead of taking the challenge but he has me for a wife! We shall do this together.......
Thanks again friends!
This is a great place to come and express!
Be Blessed!
S/W 179
Now 152 1/2
G/W 135
mousehouse62

Hi

Postby dede4wd » July 3rd, 2006, 1:41 pm

I'm very happy you're doing well! I'm a fruitaholic as well, so I've had some pretty obnoxious dreams about grapes! They pass!

DeDe
dede4wd

Ooooo

Postby mousehouse62 » July 3rd, 2006, 2:20 pm

Thanks Deedee for your fruity dream! If I start with dreams.....I know I am in trouble. Day 3 is going well, I am at work so it is easier not to cheat! Thank goodness!
S/W 179
Now 152 1/2
G/W 135
mousehouse62

Postby Janae » July 3rd, 2006, 4:27 pm

I feel the same about friut...I really miss it.

Now I LOVE apple cinnamon and peach oatmeal because it has real pieces of apple!!!! And vanilla berry has a few real blueberries. Yay!!!

;)
Janae
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Oatmeal yummies

Postby mousehouse62 » July 4th, 2006, 7:23 am

Yes, I agree about the oatmeal with fruity chunks......I have some blueberries in the fridge that I am going to whip up some muffins for my cherubs.......gotta get rid......gotta get rid.....just gotta!! :lol:
S/W 179
Now 152 1/2
G/W 135
mousehouse62

Next

Return to Come on in.