Starting my Disney workout tomorrow!

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

Starting my Disney workout tomorrow!

Postby j0j0ruca » May 24th, 2007, 5:46 pm

I finally decided to put my money down and splurge on some annual Disneyland passes. We (bf and I) have noticed that we really don't do anything Saturdays and Sundays. We are only a hop and a skip from the Magic Kingdom. It will be nice to spend time with each other walking around the parks or "downtown" - better then staying in and sitting. Since I'm lucky enough to have a 4 day weekend we are going to go tomorrow.
Start date: 2-05-07

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.
j0j0ruca
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby DogMa » May 24th, 2007, 6:27 pm

Very cool. I had a pass when I lived in OC, and it was the best. For a while, a friend and I went every other Wednesday with her little girl.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » May 24th, 2007, 9:28 pm

I wish we could get an annual pass and go there alot. My little boy loves Disneyland. We went last year and he wants to again. We didn't get a chance to go to Universal Studios last year, and my older boys want to go this time. We will be going in August. Too bad it costs so dang much just to fly to Cali from Hawaii. :|
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby bikipatra » May 25th, 2007, 1:42 am

I loved Disneyland Hong Kong. That is the only Disney park I have been to. It is the smallest Disneyland but we were still there over 3 hours and had a really good time!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Tawanda » May 25th, 2007, 6:38 am

I've never been to Disneyland. :( I almost broke my neck looking for it and Hollywood when I was on the freeway going through that area once, years and years ago. I was hoping I could 'see' something from the freeway---but didn't and was really bummed that I was so close but couldn't visit those places. LOL
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby j0j0ruca » May 25th, 2007, 7:32 am

It depends what freeway you are on. I know you use to be able to see the Matterhorn - atleast the tip of it. I even recall being able to see the parachute drop from Knotts. I think all the buildings and stuff now get in the way :(

Mmmmmmm Hawaii. Never been there - plan on getting there soon.

I just checked the schedule - the park opens at 9 today and stays open until midnight. I doubt we will stay that long. My back ws hurting big time yesterday from TOM.

Off to pack some shakes.

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.
j0j0ruca

Postby DogMa » May 25th, 2007, 7:47 am

But you also have to be in Orange County to see it. Contrary to popular belief, Disneyland is NOT in Los Angeles.

It's so fun. Although I liked it better before they added the new park and it got even more crowded and hard to get around. Now I like Disney World better.

Last time I was in OC, I didn't even GO to Disneyland except to Downtown Disney (shopping/dining area outside the parks). It's gotten way too crowded for me. (But that's why I liked the pass so much. I'm sure that even now, Wednesdays in the off-season aren't so bad.)
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby j0j0ruca » May 25th, 2007, 11:45 pm

I went last year in June with the 8th graders. It had been my first time in Dland in 10 or so years. We didn't wait more then 20 minutes for any of the rides.

Today was another awesome day. Once again we didn't have to wait in line for any ride for more then 25 minutes tops. We didn't even bother with fast passes. We went on the rides we really wanted to go on - Pirates for one since last time I was there it was closed. Walked around and then headed over to CA Adventure. Walked around there, did a few rides, and then headed for Downtown Disney - used the pass holder discoutns at some of the stores and at the ESPN Zone (stayed on plan the entire day!)

I do admit the "tourists" that sit there and take a million of pics and video tape annoy me. Seriously do they evne go home and watch there video tapes.

I got the premium passes since I didn't want to have to bother with figuring out if it was a black out day or not. It was nice to just mosey along and not feel the pressure of "we need to ride this before we leave" knowing we could come back anytime.

My fave little Duck loving girl is throwing up the idea of getting her own pass - maybe we can mosey together.

j0j0ruca

Postby alpha femme » May 26th, 2007, 10:10 am

i'm so gonna! i just need to wait and see if i keep all three of my classes this summer.

and... oh... monday.
it starts.
the nhl stanley cup finals.

ducks vs senators.

5pm, pacific.

GO, DUCKS, GO!
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby j0j0ruca » May 26th, 2007, 3:23 pm

I tried this morning to get tickets - I thought how lovely it would be to get you one. Vic didn't bother to tell me they were on sale until this morning. I found a presale password but everything was sold out. Now had it been a day or two before I could have possibly gotten a couple setas or a single seat for the 2nd game*sigh* I went back to bed and was sleeping when they went on sale at 10 - Jim had called and woke me up about 6 minutes after the fact. I tried again for giggles - no dice. On the way to the outlets he told me the "trick" into getting such tickets. Now I know :)

Oh well, it was the thought that counts - right :exercise:

j0j0ruca

Return to What's Shakin'