Spidey returns!

Meet Terry and Nancy.

Postby doglover » March 17th, 2005, 4:39 pm

Great news that you are back Spidey!! We will continue to pray for your ongoing recovery!!! :hug:

Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby LongWay2go » March 17th, 2005, 5:36 pm

Well you are all so kind, generous and just plain awesome! I am humbled and honored to have each of you supporting and praying for me, thank you one and all!

I failed to mention in my post that I have not (unfortuntely) received anything that was sent to me at the hospital. Perhaps their internal mail system is just slow, but hopefully they will forward your coorespondence to me at home once they sort things out there.

I'll be checking in as I can and hope to be back up to full strength soon.

~Spidey
08/06/2004
on hiatus until "Vic the Vac" goes away!

WARNING: Don't try this at home, kids...
Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby RavenKat2 » March 17th, 2005, 5:58 pm

Welcome back, Gerald!

Kat
RavenKat2
(259)245/207/165

*new id for inspiration*
RavenKat2
Trusted Member

Postby LongWay2go » March 17th, 2005, 6:50 pm

Thanks Kat! BTW, I did get your card at home yesterday. Thanks!

~Spidey
08/06/2004

Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go

I continue Praying for your speedy recovery Gerald

Postby NE gal in South » March 18th, 2005, 10:34 am

Day by day, in every way you are getting better and better. Soon you will be able to recite my personal prayer - Day by day, in every way I am getting thinner and thinner. I know you will be back to "Shaking" and on the road to Optimal Health real soon.

Gerald - I spent last Friday March 11 through March 15 with Nancy and Terry and Bonnie and Steve my personal Health Advisors in Oregon, we saw Dr. Anderson and we truly had some totally AWESOME Take Shape for Life time together and many great Medifast moments.

I have 25 lbs. more to lose to get to my goal. I have now lost a total of 138 lbs. My original hope for a 50 lbs. loss and better mobility, keeps me on track, along with the fact that I feel like an energetic teenager. I truly hope you whiz by me soon.

Carol
NE gal in South
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Sylvia » March 18th, 2005, 1:33 pm

Gerald,

I am so happy you are at home and getting back on your feet. I too have been thinking about you. I'm sorry you had to go through what you did, but thank goodness if it had to happen it happened after you had lost so much weight. I'm sure that has contributed to your relatively speedy recovery.

You'll continue to be in my thoughts and prayers!

Sylvia
Sylvia
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Mrsshrinkinglady » March 20th, 2005, 8:04 am

Gerald,
I am SO glad you are home and on the mend!!
You have been through quite an ordeal!!
I was praying for you the whole time and will continue to do so.
Sorry I didn't get in here sooner to welcome you back, but we were away on vacation on Florida.
God Bless and BIG HUGS!!
Mary
Mrsshrinkinglady

Postby jene115 » March 20th, 2005, 8:06 am

I'm very happy to hear you are back home now and on the mend. You were definitely missed here. Take care and welcome back!
Jen
03/01/08
"I'm stronger than my cravings!"
jene115
Preferred member

Postby Joan Roman » March 20th, 2005, 12:38 pm

Gerald! Wow!

I am SOOOOOOOOO glad you are doing so well. Since you have super powers we know you will have a super fast recovery! Even super heros have to take it easy though...so be good! I'm glad to see you here!

Joan
Joan Roman
Trusted Member

Postby LongWay2go » March 21st, 2005, 6:34 am

Thanks guys! The hospital forwarded a couple of cards to me over the weekend - one from Scrabbler and one from 24k so thanks to you both. *big hug!*

I know some others were "returned to sender" because a close friend of mine who actually lives in the area had his returned, so if others sent a card that I didn't mention, you'll probably get it back in the mail!

~Gerald
08/06/2004

Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go

Postby RareBear » March 29th, 2005, 9:00 pm

Hi Gerald,
I've been a way, so I didn't know you were gone. I'm glad you're on the mend, though not surprised.
I'm sending you tons of white light and healing energy!
RB
RareBear

How you inspired a newbie

Postby Principessa » April 4th, 2005, 6:26 am

Gerald,
I'm sooo glad that you're home and on the mend!
I'm just starting Medifast today, and I'm so excited by all the success stories that I read, that I'm trilled to get started. Today's going to be a rough one, because I found this board last night, and ended up staying up all night reading posts, but it's great to be this motivated!
I wasn't sure if this board was the place for me, until I read your post "when you need motivation READ THIS" from your first weeks. Thank you for sharing your daily life before Medifast. I knew as soon as I read your story that I wanted to be a part of a community that is so supportive that someone would feel comfortable enough to share their daily struggles BEFORE dropping alot of weight. And the responses... I'm just impressed with this place! When I finished reading your post I immediately registered for the group because I wanted to thank you for sharing your story.
Thank you!
I realized after reading your poignant post that the recently sick "Spidey" that was referred to in posts from "The Leopard Woman" was you, and I raced back to those postings, terrified that the inspiration I'd just found was sick enough to be hospitalized. I was dying to find out if things turned out okay! Your post touched me so much, and I was sick with worry that the kind, gentle, open, compassionate, and giving person I'd just read about was ill. I'm thrilled to hear of your return! Welcome back!
Right now I am not large enough to suffer severe debilitating effects from my weight, but as I read your post I knew that without taking action now I'm headed that way! Thank you for making me realize that the Medifast choice I'm making now isn't just for cosmetics, it's to save my life now... before I slowly suffer the consequences of my 31 years of negligent food and exercise choices. Although my current 180lbs. doesn't sound too debilitating, I'm 4'11", so that makes it more dramatic. When I'm honest with myself I recognize the limitations that my weight has already caused, both physically and mentally. I know that my movement is somewhat limited by my weight. I know that I avoid all outdoor activities, because I don't like how I look, and I'm embarrassed that any physical exertion causes me to sweat buckets, so I won't exercise in front of others. I get boils (or something like them) on my rear because a heavy body isn't supposed to sit in front of the computer, or on the sofa for extended periods of time without movement. I recognize it. I've been headed down the path of the OLD Spidey!
Your story of the OLD Spidey, and your continued determination and successes as the NEW Spidey are just what I need to keep my motivation high. I MUST succeed at this now! It's critical, you made me realize the necessity of taking action now. This is serious business. It's not some trivial matter of how I'll look in the wedding dress I'll be wearing in a little less than 4 months... it's about LIFE, and about improving the quality and duration of it.
I knew that I needed to do something about my weight when I looked into booking photographers for my upcoming wedding. I've been ignoring my weight for quite some time, and I've always done my best to avoid photographs, but I CRINGE at the thought of looking at wedding photos of the current me for the rest of my life. Although I LOVE photojournalistic photography, and initially thought I'd be willing to pay extra for a talented photographer, I kept thinking, "I know I'm going to look horrible in those pictures... why pay a bundle for photography, when I'll never want to look at the pictures for fear of facing my weight problem?" And still, I put off the weight loss... the wedding just seemed so far away.
Now that the date is quickly approaching I searched for a program that would help me shed significant weight in four months. I decided two weeks ago that Medifast was my best shot, ordered the program, and set a start date for today. I only ordered two weeks of supplies, because I thought, "Well, I'll try it and see how it works before wasting money on ordering more". Even then, I wasn't as committed as I should have been. I was still in denial of why this change is crucial.
I'm thrilled that I read your post at the VERY beginning of my Medifast journey, and I'm sooooo appreciative of the attitude adjustment you have given me. I'm excited that I've found the support of this board, and delighted that I've already found a success story in progress like the "One and Only Spidey" to keep me motivated on my way.
Sorry for the length of this post, but I just had to try to explain the impact your story has had on me.
Thanks!
~Mary
Principessa
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby raederle » April 4th, 2005, 7:41 am

Hi Mary,

I'm sure Spidey will be along in time to respnd himself to your post, but I just wanted to chime in, in the meantime, to welcome you here. I am soooo glad you found the inspiration you needed to take control of your life and your weight. If this board is only half as helpful to you as it's been to me, you are *guaranteed* to be successful! ;)

Be prepared for a tough first three days-- drink LOTS of water, take aspirin or similar if you're prone to headaches, and READ!!! Reading and posting will help get you thru the tough times, as you probably already figured out... We are here for you! Stick with MF, let it do the work for you, be patient, and be strong (and when you're weak, just come here)... do these things, and in four months you will be *very* happy you put yourself on the right path to better health and a smaller wedding dress... :mrgreen:
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby purplepansy » April 4th, 2005, 11:59 am

:-P welcome back spidey... glad you are on the mend!!! Missed all of your posts...
purple~~
205/195/128

Curvy Vixen waiting to be emerged
purplepansy
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » April 12th, 2005, 10:30 pm

Dear dear, Mary ~

I just now came upon your post and it deeply touched me. You have made such a good decision and a timely one, too. You are on the eve of making a new life with your husband and what a perfect time to get your house in order and to improve your health.

Yes, I agree with what you wrote here,
It's not some trivial matter of how I'll look in the wedding dress I'll be wearing in a little less than 4 months... it's about LIFE, and about improving the quality and duration of it.

When we love our husband or partner, we want to be with them for many years and we want to live a rich, full life. At 56.5 years, I am FINALLY healthy! I am livin' life on the edge of all my possibilities!

Spidey is a special One all right. People often have no idea how our obesity or fatness can affect our lives. I could never say the word ‘obese’ out loud. I knew I was obese when I weighed 265 pounds but I could ever bring myself to say the word or to use it to describe myself. One time my doctor left my medical file open on her counter as she let the exam room for a moment. The top line on the form said, “Obese female presents with plantar fasciitis…”

I was mortified. I saw the written description of myself. I was obese. I was not described as a vibrant friendly woman or even a woman but an OBESE woman…I about lost it right there.

This losing weight stuff in a very food-oriented society is not easy but together we will get there. Take Shape For Life is the key – we are doing this for LIFE not for a month or for just one special photography session or for the wedding day but for LIFE and Medifast makes it possible to do just that.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

PreviousNext

Return to A Message from your Hosts