Another Oldtimer Returns.......

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Another Oldtimer Returns.......

Postby Carrie » January 9th, 2006, 6:00 am

Hi Gang,

I guess a few of y'all will remember me...... hey Mike, Kat, Sylvia, Tami! Good to 'see' you again.

I have a similar story....was pretty much enjoying my new life and happy in my size 16's. I maintained for quite awhile, sometimes up a few pounds, and vigorously taking it back off again, until last fall.

At my yearly checkup I was diagnosed with both high blood pressure and fibroids. After searching for the right surgeon and getting my blood pressure under control I had to have a hysterectomy (November 1st). Luckily I was able to have it laparoscopically. The physical part of it has actually turned out to be the least of it, I went through some pretty dismal stuff psychologically before the surgery and allowed myself to return to the OLD way of nurturing - eating.

I'm up about 30 pounds (forgot to weigh myself this morning), and want it back off again, so here I am, day 1 - just had my first shake.

It's deja vu all over again! ;)
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby explorthis » January 9th, 2006, 7:22 am

Welcome back my dear! What a pleasure to see you, not of course under these circumstances of course. Sorry to hear about your diagnosis, but so glad you are OK. Looks like we can all come back comfortable, and Kick some bootie, take some names, and get rid of this gain once and for all!!

Glad your back! (For the right reasons)

-Mike and Guido.
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » January 9th, 2006, 8:31 am

Hi Carrie and welcome back.
:wave:

Wow...it's like an old friends reunion around here lately.
Sooooooo good to see you. You know the drill and you'll be in the fast lane to thinsville in no time.

Careful tho....Guido's lurking too....:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby 24KaratGold » January 9th, 2006, 9:28 am

Carrie, it's good to see you, though I'm sorry for the circumstances.

I want you to know how much of an inspiration you have been to me along my own weight-loss journey, even though by the time I got here you had pretty well moved on. I think I've read every single one of your posts, and I know that doing so helped me stay focused and believe that this really could work for me, too. I think my three role models and inspirations here were and are Nancy, Sylvia, and you.

I really look forward to your wit and wisdom over these next few months as we journey our way to goal together. Good luck to you!
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby RavenKat » January 9th, 2006, 11:51 am

Hey gorgeous! Glad you're here!

Sorry you were sick, but happy you're back. Did I say that already? ;)

Kat
259/180/165
RavenKat
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Mommy2girls » January 9th, 2006, 4:27 pm

Hi Carrie, welcome back. I think there are a LOT of people on this board who can relate perfectly to you about the regain. I'm so sorry about your medical circumstances and I hope you are able to heal (emtionally and physically) in time...

I'm sitting in size 16 right now (down from 22/24) but there is MORE WORK to be done to this bod, so now is the time!

We will all do this together!
Sheila

Maintaining a –45lb loss....

Mommy2girls
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Carrie » January 10th, 2006, 10:17 am

Mike – glad you’re here – you’ve always been a great motivator, mentor and friend. Missed ya bud!

Kat – great to see you, hope all is well with you, looking forward to catching up with you.

24K – I had to laugh – I just can’t imagine being an inspiration to anybody! LOL. But it was really touching too. I’m glad some of my posts have been helpful to others. When I think back to whom I was then, I cringe - because I let my weight deteriorate my self-esteem, and it was hard to decide I was worth it. This time around I’m not happy about the gain, but it doesn’t make me feel like a ‘non-entity’ anymore…..big difference. You’ve done so beautifully, keep up the good work and you’ll be at your goal in not time.

Sheila - my size 16’s are right here and ready for me! Isn’t it great to feel that sense of accomplishment? I can’t wait to get back in them.

Unca, thanks for the warm welcome, good to be back!

Here I am, halfway through day 2, and looking forward to how I’m gonna feel when I slip those 16’s on again. I seem to be pretty much ‘over’ the surgery. The physical aspects really were minimal, my big problem was that I had about 3 months between the time I knew I had to have it and the time I found a surgeon I trusted, got my blood pressure to a safe level and then got it done. I had WAY too much time to think about it - what could go wrong, if I was gonna feel normal after, etc. etc. If I coulda sped up the process I wouldn’t have had so long to be scared about it (and eat over it). It’s still kinda weird to think that I CANNOT have children, but I just don’t dwell on it – there’s really no use in crying over that spilt milk yanno? Life goes on – with or without me – so I may as well hop a ride!
Carrie

Postby Sylvia » January 10th, 2006, 1:26 pm

Hi Carrie,

Sounds like you've been through a lot but I'm really glad you've found your way back. I'm back too - seems like it's pretty hard to permanently eliminate those bad habits, huh.

You'll be back in those 16's in no time!

Sylvia
Sylvia

Postby Gwenski » January 10th, 2006, 2:21 pm

Carrie-

Welcome back! Sorry to hear all you have been going through. Boy, when it rains it pours.

Glad to have you here. Just think how cool it is that you got your BP under control and with MF in the picture too.....those pesky meds could be a thing of the past as you slip OUT OF your size 16's.

Life does have a funny way of going on but concentrate on the now and road ahead. We are here when and if you need us.
Gwenski

Began July 6, 2005 & Originally lost 131.19#'s
New Start Date: November 8, 2008
Gwenski

Postby big ron » January 10th, 2006, 3:22 pm

Hi Carrie, :byebye:
I too am a restarter. This forum is my first. I am proud of you for catching yourself :bravo: and getting back on track before too long. It took me gaining 100+ lbs before I got back on. I look forward to your posts, you have strength in your past posts. Nice meeting you and good luck Ron

new start for a new year :bouncieball: :bouncieball: :bouncieball:
Restart 9-10-2007
big ron
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby dlr2424 » January 10th, 2006, 6:15 pm

Carrie...... :D ....WELCOME BACK....... :rose: ....and my best to you and your health...........we never know what surprises life has in store for us.. :D ..some good.. :huh: ..some not so good...........but if we hold onto our faith I do believe it will get us through .... :angel: ..as far as the weight.... :hmmm: .....well i'm sure being a prior dedicated Medifaster you know what it takes...... :yes: ......I'll be praying for your strength to succeed this time as well..............and i'll be ready with my pom poms to cheer you on...... :cheerleader: ...........

Donna....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Carrie » January 11th, 2006, 6:17 am

Hi Sylvia – I really do think this is a lifelong issue for us. And I think it’s important to realize that and EXPECT it. I maintained my weight loss for over a year – a couple times I went up about 10 pounds and would immediately get back to better eating and CONSCIOUSLY get the pounds back off. That was when I was having a ‘normal’ life. But when real adversity popped up, I went back to eating for solace, and I KNEW I WAS DOING IT, but did it anyway. I CHOSE to eat because I didn’t know how to handle what I was going through. That’s gonna have to be my next challenge once I get these pounds back off………keeping them off even when life gets really tough……

Hi Gwen! Nice to meet you. You know the good thing about facing adversity is that when you get through it there is always a byproduct blessing. I have always been terrified of anything to do with needles – I mean I don’t even have my ears pierced! It’s a total phobia, and one I found it nearly impossible to control. Somehow I managed to get through this surgery (AND HAVING AN IV IN MY HAND!!!!) Prior to this surgery I really believed I COULD NOT survive something like that. Now don’t get me wrong, I’m not volunteering for any piercings or injections, but I know now that I am strong enough to handle even my biggest fear. So all in all I feel pretty good about the whole thing!

Hi Ron! Nicetameetcha! I’m sure Mike and Unca will appreciate the added testosterone to the forum – it’s a pretty estrogen-laden place most times! <g> I guess you and I have the advantage of knowing how good it feels to lose the weight. That’s pretty cool, cause my first time around I really didn’t know how ENORMOUS the payoff was. It makes it a little easier to resist temptation when I conjure up exactly how great I felt the first time I put on a size 16 in over a decade…..that’s way better than a candy bar I can tell you!

Hi Donna LTNS! Girl, you are almost to your goal, WAY TO GO! I am very proud of you! Are you focusing on developing some maintenance skills?? Don’t desert us when you get there ok?

Geez, I had forgotten what a powerful tool this forum is. Maybe if I had come here and talked about what was going on I could've forestalled the 30 pound gain........a lesson to take to heart. I really appreciate all y'all - you're THE BOMB!

Day 3, here I come!
Carrie

Postby explorthis » January 11th, 2006, 7:17 am

I’m sure Mike and Unca will appreciate the added testosterone to the forum

HEY,HEY,HEY!!...... I will be back, after I look up this "test" thing word...
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis

Postby Carrie » January 11th, 2006, 7:20 am

Get out the dictionary, Carrie's back!
Carrie

Postby TamiL » January 12th, 2006, 8:32 am

HEY CARRIE!! YEAH YEAH YEAH SHES BACK!!! :) soooo happy to see you back!

one shake at a time my friend!! Im ordering tomorrow...restocking up...and im sooo excited for this peach oatmeal!! :)

Im down some weight..I weighed in this morning folks....back to 160 pounds....YAHOOOOOOOOOO.....

its magic...as we all know!!

Carrie..Mike...so happy to see you guys back!! your making me laugh already!!

Tami :)
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Next

Return to Come on in.