some rambling thoughts

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

some rambling thoughts

Postby doglover » February 19th, 2005, 11:47 am

Just wanted to share some thoughts I had. This may read more like my journal, but since we're all in this together maybe we are all having the same thought!

My family LOVES pizza. So last night we were driving home from shopping and my 12 yr old was wondering when we can go out for pizza again. I quickly chimed in that the first "real" food item I want after I'm done is the new Pizza Hut dippin pizza's. We started to joke about how the commercials are haunting me and that my mouth drools when I see them. Then my hubby joked that I will have a worse belly ache than normal after eating pizza bec. I would not have had anything like that in so many weeks. Well, this kept going on and on and laughing and laughing until it hit me - I have to begin thinking about food in a different way - the eat to live not live to eat - and that Pizza Hut really does bother my stomach after I finish so WHY would I EVER want to eat it?? What is so enjoyable? And suddenly it did not sound so great at all! In fact, I feel like I've reached a pizza hurdle and have no desire at all. It was like a light bulb :shock: I am thrilled to say that I have reached a milestone!

Second - I have felt recently that I really want to delve into my creative side. I want to paint, I want to sculpt, I want to write. I could not figure out why this was such an urge until I got farther into "Success in a Shaker Jar" book. 2 things hit me: 1) I am not constantly thinking about food, nor having to shop and prepare and wonder and feel guilty about it, and snack.....My mind is FREE!! :-P 2) I have so much mroe energy than I did when I was drugging myself w/ carbs! I have the will to do something new and fun and creative!! I am so excited!!!

Lastly: In the book "Success" it has a chapter about avoiding food and in one part it says to enjoy food aromas and let that "fill you up". Well, I have been doing that and find that my daughter having root beer and my son having a piece of his valentine candy is just as fulfilling for me to smell how good they smell and not taste! I am not even tempted but I can quickly get a wiff of the aroma and be pleased with the smells and enjoy it just as much - with no GUILT or POUNDS!! :yes:

Okay, can you tell I'm having and insightful and GOOD DAY!

Happy shakin' friends :exercise:
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » February 19th, 2005, 12:03 pm

Great post Donna,
You're making fantastic progress. I love seeing the shift in people's thinking here on the forum. That's the first step to longterm success.

You're not only becoming thinner, you're beginning to "think" thinner.
:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Triskets » February 19th, 2005, 6:18 pm

Weigh to go Donna! I'm glad you are seeing food differently. I love to cook so I think about the food but I don't think about eating the food. It's working like a charm.
I'm in my 7th week on MF and I had a unplanned overnight stay at the hospital. I'm ok and everything - the problems I was having was NOT due to my being on MF. Anyway, I ate regular food (heart smart foods) while in the hospital which was my choice to do and I've never been so sick in my life. It made me constipated, it may my stomach hurt, my acid reflux was inflammed more than usual and it disrupted my sleep. I ate hospital food for 24 hours and it took me nearly 48 hours afterwards to recover from the food!
I felt that bad after heart healthy food - image how your system would react if you ate pizza? Something to keep in mind.
I was never so glad to get home and get back to my Medifast.
Take Care!
Trish
Pound by pound my weight is coming down!
Start over 2/9/2008
268/252
Triskets
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Guest » February 19th, 2005, 6:55 pm

Wow triskets - I hope you're okay. I must say I am a little nervous about regular foods, but I have a way to go first! I told my hubby at dinner that the oatmeal, pudding, banana and orange shakes are SOOO good that I may never stop having them!! I'd miss them way too much! :D

Take care of yourself. Don't get back to that big bad hospital food any time soon!
Donna

Return to Come on in.