Just Thoughts

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Just Thoughts

Postby smartiegrrl » February 17th, 2005, 5:29 pm

I hit 190 today and I'm feeling a little reflective today as I think about having the 180s and less ahead (and a little rambling... ;)) So close to the 40lb club! :D

I'm pleased with how things are going right now and I'm glad I took the break from MF when I did and I'm happy I'm back on it now.

I'm shrinking. I had to buy some new duds for the former client (hoping to be client again) lunch that I had on Tuesday. I realized I hadn't seen those guys for about a year in a half and so much had changed since then. I have red (I mean like blood red) hair now, in a short cute style. I changed my style of dress in that time period too. Got new frames. Lots of things changed. I look more together. Plus I'm smaller now. The leather jacket that I bought right before leaving that client a year and a half ago is huge on me. Its supposed to be a sleek, fitted jacket and now it looks... frumpy. Part of me want to go out and buy a new leather jacket, but since this new one is not going to fit next winter, I'm not sure if I'll bother. My pink spring jacket is even larger and thats definitely going to have to go. I'll have to replace that one.

Right now I'm fitting in a 16/14 regular. I've been tucking my shirts into my skirts and it looks pretty good. I've been buying only skirts since they are a little more forgiving if they hang on your hips than pants are.

My rings are super loose. I worry about wearing them, but I don't want to get them resized quite yet. I had to take in my watch. Just little things, but they make a big difference.

That said, I had coffee with a friend yesterday who I used to mountain bike with. (Yeah even at 230lbs, I could still do 16 miles off-road.) She had knee surgery last year and can't off-road bike any more. We talked about doing some benefit rides this year like the MS 65 and some others. I'd like to do them, but I'd need to start training by the end of March. So right now I'm debating leaving MF again after I lose this chunk of 30, so 165. And trying the maintance again while training for the MS 65. I suppose I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

I've been using the paper MF journal. I really like it because its only two weeks at a time, not 60 or 90 days as will some. I'm not as intimidated by a 2 week journal and I'm being good at filling it out. I've been playing with numbers as well. According to some online calculators I've found a sedentary 5'4" female at 125lbs needs to consume a little over 1800 calories/day to maintain her weight. She only needs to eat 550 calories more to maintain 195lbs. There really isn't that much of a difference. Really 500 calories? Its a few beers, really. On MF, I've been averaging about 970 calories/day. Thats a deficit of ~1380 for me. Thats an average of about 3/8 lb loss per day. Or about 5lbs in two weeks, which is what I lost. Of course that will lessen slightly as I lose more weight. The margin (and myself) will get smaller. Maybe I'm just a geek. :mrgreen:

Well thanks for listening to my stream of consciousness post. :nutz:
~sg

(6/26/06) 230/225/130
smartiegrrl
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby 24KaratGold » February 17th, 2005, 6:21 pm

Very interesting post, smartiegirl, and thank you for sharing your thoughts and musings regarding where you are on this journey. It really helps those of us who are still a ways behind you.

I have a suede jacket that, like your leather jacket, is starting to get way too big for me (after a 30 pound loss), but that I absolutely love, partly for sentimental reasons. I went scrounging around on ebay today looking for something to replace it, cheap, as an "interim." You might try that; I saw a few in the 14 and 16 sizes that might do for a few months, without having to commit a large amount of money to it.

So . . . did the clients say anything about your new look?? Isn't that fun when you run into someone you haven't seen for awhile, and you've lost a bunch of weight?

Congrats on hitting 190. It must be a great feeling -- I can't even imagine!
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby smartiegrrl » February 17th, 2005, 8:30 pm

Thanks 24k! You'll get to 190, I don't doubt it. You'll fly through it I'm sure. :)

I have a bunch of suits/dresses that I'm going to take to a consignment shop and I'll see what they have there first. I may be able to do some kind of trade. I do have my eye on a green canvas trench coat from Target for this spring. I may splurge on a new leather when I reach goal.

They did say that I looked great. Which really made my day. They are an ad agency and its all looks and fashion with those people.

I'm also in the middle of a career change of sorts and I *hope* that I will need a suit in the coming weeks. Hopefully, I'll be able to find something on consignment. Otherwise, maybe I'll buy something from Kohls or the like.
~sg

(6/26/06) 230/225/130
smartiegrrl
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby scrabbler7 » February 18th, 2005, 4:43 pm

aaaaaaah Kohl's - my fav store. I dream of the day when I walk to the petities dept pick up a size 10P in EVERYTHING - and walk to the register. No trying on - no HOPING -- just KNOWING that 10P is my size.

What a wonderful day that will be --- And with MF and MMT it will be here before I know it!

Great Job Smartiegirl! and good luck on landing that client!
scrabbler7
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Return to The Weight Room