Slow losers & Plateau hitters

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Slow losers & Plateau hitters

Postby cowabunga » November 9th, 2006, 10:09 am

I am a slow loser. I have been on this for 5 weeks and have only lost 8 lbs. I say only because I see so many of you losing 25 lbs by now. Anyway, I was just wondering what the slow losers & plateau hitters do to stay motivated.

I am not giving up but just wanted to hear how others are dealing with this.
Starting weight 10/9/06 - 212.5
#1 Goal - to be below 210 - accomplished 10/16/06
#2 Goal - to reach 'One'derland - accomplished 11/27/06
#3 Goal - to reach 193 by 1/21/07 (my boys 2nd birthday)
cowabunga
Newbie - #10 Club

Postby VictoriousNat » November 9th, 2006, 12:04 pm

First of all, hugs to you!!!

Second, take your measurements and increase your water intake if you can...add 1 liter for starters.

I have colleagues who were doing a similar plan and were losing 1# a week consistently. When two upped their water intake they started losing more. And the same has proved true for me.

Taking my measurements has kept me focused. My loss in inches is far greater than my loss in pounds and is therefore more noticeable than people I know who have lost more pounds than I. So take heart and try to track your loss in inches. I live for the tape measure rather than the scale. :-P

So hang in there and as you said, don't give up.
Nat
Start 8/24/06
Lost 34lbs and over 30 Inches. Regained 9lbs. Down 4lbs on vacation in Jamaica - yeehaw!
Waiting for Doctor's clearance to restart MF.
VictoriousNat
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby DogMa » November 9th, 2006, 3:45 pm

I'm the queen of the slow losers. But considering I'd reached a point where I couldn't lose on any other plan, as long as I saw ANY loss here, I was willing to stick it out. Plus after a while, it became a habit.

I also gave myself occasional breaks, which I wouldn't necessarily recommend to anyone else. It seemed to help jolt my body back into losing mode, plus it kind of broke things up a little when I knew I was going to be on the program longer than most.

Hang in there, though. It took me forEVER, but I did make it.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to Come on in.