plateau & double breakfast question

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

plateau & double breakfast question

Postby LAwoman » June 18th, 2005, 12:21 pm

Nancy, I have a question regarding advice you gave last week about "doubling-shaking" in the morning for one day to help jump start a plateau.

Quick history - I've been compliant since 3-1-05 and have a little 2+ week plateau right now which I know is normal as I am two lbs. away from a 50 lb. loss. Even though I weigh everyday & record every week, I only "acknowledge" my weight-loss on the first of every month, so I know things are going well. That said, looking back at my calendar, I haven't noticed any weeks that I haven't lost something.

I know if I stick with MF the weight will come off and I am going to stick with MF and I am going to reach goal. BUT, of course I wouldn't mind a little nudge to move that plateau right along and continue ridding my body of extra flabbage on my way to thinsville.

I drank two shakes this morning for breakfast instead of my usual oatmeal per the post I saw the other day. But I wasn't sure about the rest of the day.

Is that extra shake this morning supposed to be in addition and I follow with 5 more MF meals today?
OR
Do I have my 4 remainng MF meals every 3 hrs the rest of the day?
AND
Can I have any MF meals or does it have to be shakes the rest of the day?

Thanks for your help on this question and especially for your unyeilding and often humorous support for all of us. I just want you to know what a difference you, this forum, everyone on it, and MF has made in my life physically and emotionally.

1/2 way to being,
thininLA
LAwoman
Preferred member

Postby fedup » June 18th, 2005, 6:14 pm

Hi there! I'm not Nancy, so I'll let her answer that question since I sure don't want to steer you wrong!! I was just responding here to ask if you've upped your water intake and added some gentle exercise? That could help with those dreaded plateau's! ;) I know I would hold steady some days when I wasn't getting the water in... Just hang in, you'll get there!
Christy 5'5" age-34
Fresh start: Sept. 15, 2005 (240/ 240/ 160)
"Time to 'release the butterfly' inside
fedup
Trusted Member

Postby LuzInIt » June 18th, 2005, 9:13 pm

Hi LA - Nancy was responding to my post with the double morning shake suggestion. You and I have a near exact experience. I started and have been compliant since 3/22. At my 48 pound loss, I froze. The plateau lasted 15 days. (I did have one week on plan where I didn't lose an ounce; and another week where I only recorded a .4 loss.) I meant to ask Nancy about the double shake for breakfast, but so happened that morning was when I discovered a 2.8 pound loss (overnight) and hit the 50 pound Club! I'm pretty sure Nancy meant to have a double shake for breakfast, then continue on with my regular schedule (meaning either 6/1, or in case of complete program, 7 supplements total for the day). I just don't know why. You probably won't be hearing from her any time soon as she and hubby Terry are attending a Medifast conference in Utah and her daughter was (is) giving birth to their grandson - so she's out of commission for a little while. There are post on the forum from her explaining her absence. Hope this helps and hope you've already left that plateau even as you read this! If you haven't, I know you will very soon - I'm living proof :D .
Linda - Started MF 3/22/05

340/328/210/150
130 Pounds Gone For Good -
Thank you Medifast!
LuzInIt
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Nancy » June 18th, 2005, 10:07 pm

Dear ½ Way

Wow! You are really doing great and please forgive me for being tardy in replying to you. I am pre-Grandma-ing right now – our grandson makes his grand entrance tomorrow, it’s Father’s Day and also my baby brother’s 52nd birthday… so we had a few things to attend to today.

I commend you for the way you are approaching your weight loss program and the temporary plateau. Intellectually you know you are on the right path and you are using your intellect to tell your emotional self to sit tight – very good!

Quick history - I've been compliant since 3-1-05 and have a little 2+ week plateau right now which I know is normal as I am two lbs. away from a 50 lb. loss. Even though I weigh everyday & record every week, I only "acknowledge" my weight-loss on the first of every month, so I know things are going well. That said, looking back at my calendar, I haven't noticed any weeks that I haven't lost something.

I know if I stick with MF the weight will come off and I am going to stick with MF and I am going to reach goal. BUT, of course I wouldn't mind a little nudge to move that plateau right along and continue ridding my body of extra flabbage on my way to thinsville.

Sometimes the double shake will move us along. You waited two weeks and that is great – an emo person would have waited two days!

I drank two shakes this morning for breakfast instead of my usual oatmeal per the post I saw the other day. But I wasn't sure about the rest of the day.

Is that extra shake this morning supposed to be in addition and I follow with 5 more MF meals today?
OR
Do I have my 4 remaining MF meals every 3 hrs the rest of the day?

Have the 4 remaining Medifast meal replacements every three-four hours the rest of the day. Don’t add any more packets to your day.
AND Can I have any MF meals or does it have to be shakes the rest of the day?

They may be any of the Medifast meal replacements you like. Again, I’d probably avoid having daily bars for a while until the flabber is moving on out of there at a consistent rate.

Thanks for your help on this question and especially for your unyielding and often humorous support for all of us. I just want you to know what a difference you, this forum, everyone on it, and MF has made in my life physically and emotionally.

You are most welcome! It’s always a lot more enjoyable to share the journey with others, isn’t it?

This afternoon I had the pleasure of visiting with a woman who used to live with our family. She went to high school with our daughter and knows me up close and personal.

When she saw me she said, “Oh! You’re still thin!” I told Racheal that is the idea here – that we reach a healthy weight and then stay there. The years she lived with us, Racheal was slender. She’s now 30 years old, a mother of two young girls and the once wasp-waisted woman is now about 40 pounds overweight. She said she now understands the frustration of trying to find something to wear when others are slender, about how depressing and discouraging it is to reach for some jeans or a skirt only to discover that they are too tight and bind in places we ought not to discuss publicly…she said she finds that she spends a lot more money making her hair, her nails, her make up or her jewelry look really nice but that it still does not give back her confidence when she goes to new places or meets new people…I do want to help others and to prevent some of the heartache that I have suffered over the years of living life large. We need each other – the journey is rough at times – the roadway is not always paved.

Keep on keepin’ on! Thinville is just around the corner!

FedUp - you are right-on!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

what an exciting day!!!

Postby LAwoman » June 19th, 2005, 7:58 am

WOW Nancy! What an exciting day for you with a new birth to be a first-time grandmother (who knew a grandma could look so stunning), "old" time celebration with your brother, and quite the father's day gift for Terry and your son-in-law. I wish you a very happy, joyous day. :yippee:

Thanks for getting back to me. It's "funny" you said that an emotional person would only wait 2 days, and how I'm using my intellect... I've already used food emotionally for so long that I better start thinking about food before popping it into my mouth if I want the healthy, sexy, fit, trim body I see myself having.

I remember trying WW about 3 or 4 years ago, plateauing at 182 lbs. and going back to my old eating habits and putting all the weight back on. That is NOT going to happen again, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO!!!
I WILL OVERCOME THIS PLATEAU
:coach: I WILL REACH GOAL!!!

I woke up with a 1/2 pound gain this morning. :tongue: AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!! But I'm going to keep using my "intellect" and keep MFing because I truly love the way I'm feeling and looking and it's just more important than stuffing my face for a short-term feel good which can only result in a long-term let down. A wise person has said on numerous occasions, "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels." ;)

I went back and read through some old posts and newsletters for advice and inspiration.
For the rest of June I'll work on...
keep chugging my 100+ oz. water each day :water:
consuming on schedule all 6 MF :eat:
taking my daily walks & toning :treadjog:
lay off the pickles :nonono:
cut down to only one coffee w/ cream each day :uhuh:
cut out the MF bars for a while :cry:
TRY to go to bed earlier each night :snooze:
Be glad I only post once a month so I can post somewhere in the 170's by July 1. :yippee:

You are right, losing weight sure is easier with MF all the support on this forum.

Have a great day!!!
LAwoman
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » June 19th, 2005, 9:11 am

You are welcome, my Dear!

I am up one pound today, too - no random acts of eatage, however, I DID have quite a few extra pickled garlics last night - yes, that's right! I LOVE pickled garlic! Lack of sleep, not enough water as we were on the road.

This is where we must trust the program and our body system to do their thing - in its time, it will come off. To keep it off and never to return again (like your WW poundage), we must choose to do the right things (daily eat breakfast, eat every three hours, drink plenty of water, eat lean and low cal, exercise, monitor our weight and be accountable for it) nearly every single day. For weight management to be a success we can never go back to our former foody ways - no wanton eating - frequent small portions, view food as fuel and not our drug of choice - enjoy the people relationships and use exercise as a physical outlet for that which builds up within us.

Food is not our friend, it is the fuel we need to provide the sustenance and energy needed to do all the cool things in life; it is not the cool thing in and of itself!

You'll make it!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Weight Loss