Not a breakfast person

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Not a breakfast person

Postby heres2me » May 15th, 2008, 11:25 am

I have been trying to get back on the program, but I always start my day off on the wrong foot. I'm not much of a breakfast person; I can live on a cup of coffee...but that's all I like. So, I've tried the eggs, oatmeal and shakes, and I just can't find the right thing. Any suggestions? I don't like cappucino or the other hot drinks.

Also, I read somewhere that we should have a minimum of three shakes, only one bar and the other two s/b soup or other meal replacements (plus the lean and green, of course). I didn't realize we had to have 3 shakes...or is that old news?

I have to do this...so your help is appreciated.

Thanks!
heres2me

Postby DogMa » May 15th, 2008, 11:41 am

Welcome.

That's a VERY old protocol. You can have any combo, as long as you don't have more than one bar a day.

As for breakfast, I don't know what to tell you. It's definitely necessary to eat within an hour or so of getting up. That's actually good practice even when you're not on Medifast. I think some people add the chocolate shake packet to their coffee (I don't know; I don't drink coffee). Is it that you don't like eating breakfast, or do you actually have trouble getting something down? I'd say wait maybe an hour, if you need to, but then try to get SOME sort of Medi-meal down; eventually you'll probably get used to it and it won't be so difficult for you. (And what other meals do you like? I used to always eat normal food for breakfast, so on Medifast I often had one of the soups.)
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Guest » May 15th, 2008, 12:43 pm

I'm not a big breakfast fan either, and DITTO on the coffee. While I have heard it isn't recommended, I have found that I do enjoy an oatmeal/raisen bar with my coffee when I get to work in the mornings. It is somewhat reminiscent of the donut or muffin/coffee thing. Not really clear about the bar in the mornings but the scales are moving so it must not be too huge of an issue.

Postby Mike » May 15th, 2008, 3:39 pm

What great questions for you Health Coach. ;0)
Ya gotta have something within your first hour up. I like to add a hot cocoa to coffee to make a mocha. Do adds vanilla banana or chic shakes to coffee.
As Robin said, 3 shakes a day is old. Any combo of 5 medimeals (1 bar)

Glad to see you back. Keep at it.

:0)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby suzyq » June 5th, 2008, 8:28 am

I struggle with breakfast too - I have never been much of a breakfast eater. I dislike the oatmeal also, although there are recipies for cookies and muffins that some people really like. I hated the cocoa until I heard about Toasted Marshmallow syrup from DaVinci - I whip it up until it's frothy and it tastes much better (thanks Robin!) Other than that, if I make a shake I really stretch it out and sip on it for an hour or so to get it down!

Good luck!

Susanne
"Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."

restart 6/5/08
suzyq

Postby sidrah » June 6th, 2008, 9:01 pm

I buy the ready to go deals and keep them in the car and drink one on the way to work. It doesn't take from my sleping time in the morning and I don't have to prep anything before rushing out the door.

I don't drink coffee, hate the smell of it even, but I save the "cooking" and mixing to when I have time, so I find it easier to jsut drink a ready nmade one somewhere along the 45 mile trek to work.

I have tried and disliked the cold fruitpunch and am okay with the teas, but I prefer crystal light, so I would not recommend them to you.

What I do make, though, are cookies out of oatmeal packets and put them in a baggie and have them and a bottle of water on the way to work.
Don't really care as long as everything's better than yesterday was...

@}---- @}---- @}---- @}----
sidrah
Preferred member

oatmeal

Postby Terryl » June 8th, 2008, 6:03 pm

I am going in to my 2nd week on medifast. So far it's going great but the oatmeal is a goopy mess! This morning I made pancake out of it and put a little sugar free syrup on it. It so good! I just added a pinch of baking powder and added water to make it the consistency of batter and cooked just like a pancake.
Terryl

Postby SharonR » June 17th, 2008, 4:25 pm

I love the hot cocoa in my coffee....so that is how I am going to start my days.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

Postby Mike » June 17th, 2008, 11:16 pm

I love the Momentum Capp or Momentum Chai with a shot of SF caramel. I couldn't stand the capp before, but with the SF caramel its tasty.

I still do the oatmeal or eggs for breakfast (eggs are always made on the stovetop in this house). I did try one recipe with the eggs mixed with soy crisps and then baked... not bad, but I think I prefer pancakes with eggs and oatmeal then cooked on the skillet.

One of the best recipes is the one Diana posted for muffins and brownies. We make a bunch of them at once, ziplock them and then we have a few days supply.

If you like fruity, the new Antioxidant shakes are tasty... I tried the blueberry and the cherry pomegranate and they are both tasty.

Sharons idea of cocoa in coffee ius also what I do. Diana also has the shakes in the coffee (banana, chocolate, or vanilla).

Hope some of these ideas help.

;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Return to Come on in.