Overnight Breakfast Bowl

Add your favorite recipes.

Overnight Breakfast Bowl

Postby Nancy » January 18th, 2006, 1:49 pm

Hey, Kids ~

The other night I stirred up some Apple Cinnie Oatmeal and for some weird reason, I decided to have Chai Latte instead so I tucked my oatmeal in the refrigerator overnight. It was all thick and ready for nuking the next morning.

As the faithful MakeMeThinner Forum Folks know, I always make my soups in advance and the inside of our refrigerator often looks like a chemistry lab with little jars of soupy stuff sittin' on the various shelves.

I loved my Oatmeal even more this way! You can sleep in two minutes longer in the morning! :snooze: It also cuts down on the last-minute morning rush-around, allowing more time for :nana: primping and looking at your :dance: slenderizing selves in the mirror!

Overnight Breakfast Bowl

1 packet Medifast Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal

¾ - 1 cup water

¼ tsp Cinnamon

1/8 tsp Ginger

1/8 tsp Allspice

Splenda optional

Stir together and chill overnight in the refer

Micro in the morning for 2 minutes or so

Eat up - who knew losing weight could be so simple and satisfying?
:bounce:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby sidrah » January 19th, 2006, 11:31 pm

Believe it or not I have done that and it is much better. All that little chunks are softened and no wait time for absorption. I pop it in the micro when I get dressed and search for shoes. By the time I am done, it is too!

I higgly recommend this to anyone who likes to plan ahead....ssssseriously, so unlike me, but in this case a good oops moment worked out. It works good for me when I can just re-heat it in school, too. No need to whip out the hot water boiler thingy.

A time or two I had an extra five minutes and PAMMED a pan and made silver dollars to eat in the car on the way in. I just mixed in some Walden Farms syrup into it to rejuvenate it in the AM and sprinkle some butter buds on as they came out. It makes about 4 or 5 depending on size.

I like doing it with oatmeal cause soup leaks!!!!
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » January 19th, 2006, 11:55 pm

What??? :shock: Your soup leaked? Yuck! Sorry about that. I have several shaker jars and I just cook right in them...the lids keep my soup intact. My commute is a lot shorter than yours. I commute from our bedroom to our office and it is just one flight of stairs.

Yup, Sidrah, it really is important to plan ahead, it is more likely that we will be steady losers when we do! I always get into foody trouble when I get caught without my Medigrub. We always keep some in my purse but many times I give my bars or RTDs to people I meet so they can try them and then I have to run to my car and search for one for myself. :lol:

I tried Overnighting the Peachy Keen Oatmeal last night. I used ginger and cinnie and I really liked it. I had Peach Oatmeal THREE times yesterday! Uh, oh...I am addicted to it like I was to the French Vanilla Berry...
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Lisa in NY » January 20th, 2006, 8:48 am

Nancy quote:
>It also cuts down on the last-minute morning rush-around, allowing more time for primping and looking at your slenderizing selves in the mirror! >

Nancy, you crack me up :mrgreen:

(I love this place)
"Life's more painless for the brainless"...Scarecrow in WICKED
Lisa in NY
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Suzie2006 » January 20th, 2006, 8:54 am

Can you do the shakes in advance so that they are nice and cold when you drink them? Can you do them 1 day in advance?
Start date: Jan. 20, 2006
SW224/CW216/GW160
Height: 5'7"
I lost 8 lbs!!!!
Suzie2006
Trusted Member

Shakes in advance

Postby Jan » January 20th, 2006, 9:35 am

Yes, you can do your shakes in advance. They get thicker and the flavor more intense when you leave them in the fridge a bit. I think you can do them 12 hours ahead (It may be 24 but I'm going with 12 just to be safe)You can even mix two shakes together (along with double water). For example the banana and the chocolate -- chocolate banana shake -- Then just divide the mixture in half and you have 2 meals all ready.
The shakes taste really great when you do them in the blender with crushed ice too. Then you can be the "mixmaster"and add s/f syrup, extracts, instant coffee etc. You'll soon find lots and lots of ways.
Have fun mixing
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » January 20th, 2006, 2:23 pm

When I used to work at the college I always took a "now and later" drink to work - I'd mix a double shake in the blender because it mixes it very thoroughly and is less likely to separate after several hours. I used 16 ounces of water, 1.5 cups of crushed ice, pour it into a quart-size container and refrigerate when I got to work.

I'd drink half about 4 hours after it was mixed and by the time I drank the other half, it was still smooth but not nearly as airy. It often still had a few icy crystals in it. It was great.

Several times something came up with my meal plan for the day - like a lunch meeting or whatever so that I did not drink the 'later' shake. I then left the shake overnight in my refer for the next day. It was okay...but not the best-tasting, IMO. Just sortta flat and blah. I hate to throw anything away so I drank it.
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby sidrah » January 21st, 2006, 7:02 pm

I have a few of the shaker cups and I usually make shakes and leave one or two of them in the fridge. I like them thicker, so I prefer to do them the night before. But, sometimes I make the orange in the AM before I leave and then it is more like orange juice than a shake.

If I do leave them in the fridge all day, I sometimes blend them up a little bit more when I get home and add more ice. Good stuff. I am surprised that the majority of the food tastes so good. I, too, give away lots of free samples! No one can tell the difference between most of the bars, hot chocolate, or soups and oatmeals. I bring extra in lieu of answering the questions that are sure to come.
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » January 21st, 2006, 11:58 pm

Sidrah, thank you for sharing what you have with others - we cary extras with us and do it all the time. It feels so good to help another to get healthier, too. We may be saving lives by sharing what we know with others. I was so afraid of losing my toes to amputation because I have diabetes in my family. I am grateful for the improvement in my health and I really appreciate you for being an ambassador for us!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Lean Cuisine