You have to try this Breakfast Quiche!!

Add your favorite recipes.

You have to try this Breakfast Quiche!!

Postby BumbleBee » October 24th, 2005, 10:22 am

Hello out there,

I just just stumbled on a new recipe that I just wanted to share with all of my medifasters... Its very yummy if you like quiches Here goes :eat:

CHICKEN QUICHE

3 packets of (MF) chicken noodle soup
3 eggs slightly beaten
3 cups water
1 tsp onion pwdr
1 tsp garlic pwdr * i love garlic so sometimes I use extra. :lol:
1/4 tsp season salt

In a microwave safe container, put your water and 3 packets of ch noodle in the microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes. Let it stand for about an hour. This will soften the chicken. After one hour add your garlic, salt, and onion pwdr. Now add your slightly beaten egg to the soup mixture and mix well. Heat again for 2-3 min until the egg is done. Its not going to set up stiff but will not have a soup consistancey. Makes 3 servings. It wonderful having quiche again. ;)

Happy shaking!
MF since 6/30/05
5'7
235/188/175
age 37

I CAN do all things through Christ that strenthens me and it shows!! woo hoo!!
BumbleBee
Regular Member - #40 Club

Postby Mommy2girls » October 24th, 2005, 8:24 pm

I never would have thought to use the chicken soup like that! Very clever!

I do have a few questions though? Could you make it as one serving (i.e.-one packet, 1 egg, etc.) because otherwise does this last much more than a day? Also how do you count this for part of your lean & green? I notice the latest Quick Start Guide mentions eggs & tofu for vegetarians, so I was wondering how you figure this into your lean & green.

Thanks! I might have to give this a try someday. My husband MF's with me he has never been big on quiche! :lol:
Sheila

Maintaining a –45lb loss....

Mommy2girls
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby BumbleBee » October 25th, 2005, 4:50 am

Hi Mom,

Yes you most definately can make a 1 serving size quiche. I make this all the time.

1 packet ch noodle soup
1 cup water
1 egg
1/2 tsp garlic pwdr
1/2 tsp onion pwdr
season salt to taste
1 tsp parmesean cheese (green can) add 11 calories ****

Heat 1 ch noodle soup with 1 cup of water on High for 2 min. Let stand in the microwave for 1 hour to soften chicken pieices. ;) After one hour add your egg, and seasonings mix well and reheat for 3-5 minutes until it reaches quiche consistancy. I usually stir every 2 minutes or so to allow it to cook all the way through evenly. Now eat and enjoy! :eat: ***I sometimes add 1 tsp parmesean cheese in the green can on top. But remember it adds 11 calories and should be used very sparingly. but oso wonderful when added. :-P

I usually have this if I work late, or just don't feel like that lean and green when I get home. Also I have been on a "total fast" so I have this for my dinner. Its wonderful. And its helped me loose an additional 5 pounds since last week. :kool: So happy Quiching!!
MF since 6/30/05
5'7
235/188/175
age 37

I CAN do all things through Christ that strenthens me and it shows!! woo hoo!!
BumbleBee
Regular Member - #40 Club

Postby Nancy » October 25th, 2005, 11:26 am

This sounds like a :bib: very tasty meal for people who are on the weight management phase. It provides a small portion, is low in calories and fat and incorporates a good combination of protein and carbohydrates and some satisfactory heart smart fat with the addition of the parmesan cheese.

However, for people on the weight loss phase, this adds 85-100 more calories and increases the protein – it is nearly like having a double packet for a meal. I should think it would need some more complex carbohydrates to provide the correct ratio of protein to carbs to fat for a true lean and green meal. I am not a nutritionist but this is my thought regarding this recipe.

IMO, it needs more complex carbs to make it a proper Lean and Green substitute for occasional use. I’d add some spinach, asparagus or broccoli – like ½ - ¾ cup and some real onion rather than onion powder or onion flakes.

Our TSFL nutritionist Amy recommends that people not use a Medifast meal packet in conjunction with the Lean and Green. I am inclined to agree in that the purpose is to provide people with one regular food meal, in appropriate portion amounts, the fiber and fat is needful to keep the stomach and gall bladder functioning normally, to maintain active bacteria in the belly and to motate the bowels…as you may have determined by now, there is very little :oops: poopage with Medifast as the packets are pure food – little waste products and it is needful to keep the southerly chute in operation. ;)

Your Quichel would be best for a weight maintenance breakfast or brunch meal.
:mrgreen:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Lean Cuisine