SKEPTICAL TO BEGIN HELP

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

SKEPTICAL TO BEGIN HELP

Postby PINKCUPCAKE » June 9th, 2005, 7:33 pm

I HAVE BEEN READING UP ON MEDIFAST. IM A BIG FAT SKEPTIC (LITERALLY)!!! DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY ADVICE FOR A WANNA BE?
PINKCUPCAKE

Postby 24KaratGold » June 9th, 2005, 8:37 pm

Sure! Give it a try -- what do you have to lose? Well, other than flab, of course.

Go look in the "studio" for my "before" and "current" pics. And it's true that if *I* can do it, *anybody* can do it.

Double dog dare ya! ;)
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Unca_Tim » June 9th, 2005, 8:49 pm

Hi PC and welcome to the forum,

My suggestion would be, read the forum....think about it.
Read the forum some more....think about it.
Think about it...read the forum some more.

When you're ABSOLUTELY convinced, understand the program, and feel ready. Not a minute before.

As our northwest Nike people say...

JUST DO IT!

Medifast is always ready, if you are....:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Paula » June 9th, 2005, 9:44 pm

I agree with Tim. State-of-mind is a very important part of any program like this. One thing I know for sure, Medifast really works. I've tried so many things in the last few years, but with my metabolism and all the medications I was taking, I couldn't lose no matter how hard I tried. I started loosing right away with this, it's been a little slow at times and really fast at other times, but it continues to work. If you read the forum for a while you'll see lots of success stories, you'll also see all the questions that people come up with and a lot of helpful suggestions. I was skeptical at first too. My sister started before me and even when I saw how well it was going for her, I was still a little skeptical. Now I'm 60 lbs lighter and not skeptical at all. Everybody here is in pretty much the same boat and more than willing to help and support each other. It's a great resource. Take your time and make sure you're ready, like Tim said, it'll be here when you are.

Paula
Start date 1/2/2005
Paula
Regular Member - #60 Club

Skeptic

Postby Jan » June 9th, 2005, 9:50 pm

Hi there Pink Cupcake,
You know there was a time when we were all skeptical -- probably because we've all tried different things-- some pretty crazy !! All things that were supposed to make us/help us part with the flab. I even remember when people were getting shots of pregnant horse urine to lose (Yuk) Then we tried grapefruit juice, the vinegar diet,and eating only one kind of food. No wonder we/you are skeptical. These things certainly didn't work--diets don't. Medifast does work though but you have to stick with the program-ie you have to work it. It's not a diet it's a llifestyle change. It has been researched ,tested and proven. If you work it, it works for you. It's not a magic pill and it takes dedication and being compliant with the program . The weight didn't come on overnight and it won't come off overnight -- but it will come off. When you decide it's time to lose it , really mean it -- you will. I hope you join the rest of us soon and we'll cheer for you too!! Jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » June 9th, 2005, 10:33 pm

Hi Pink ~

There's not a lot more to say, really - you just need to read the Forum. All the people here are real live ordinary people that have done or are doing something extraordinary now.

Jan said something that is really important to note:
It's not a magic pill and it takes dedication and being compliant with the program.

Weight maintenance takes dedication and being compliant, too.

Every day I make a choice. :huh:

I may :scratchhead: choose to remain at my current weight or :scratch: to pork out and fill out.

I am dedicated to remaining at an appropriate weight because I enjoy the benefits of being program compliant: :yippee: great health, :boing: feel great, :jumprope: unlimited energy, :thumbsup: clear thinking, smaller clothing - and :secret: I love it when my husband pinches me, when he open the car door for me, when people carry my packages to the car, and when I sashay by in my leather pants people take a :shades: double look because I look awesome and kinda hot in them!

This stuff works. :hmmm:

This stuff rocks! :cheerleader:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Emma » June 10th, 2005, 4:18 am

I did exactly what Unca Tim said - just keep reading here and learning everything you can. I've been doing 5&1 for 3 weeks now and I feel so good.

My father's been on MF 5&1 for just over 2 weeks and has lost 22lbs.! (He's got well over 100lbs to lose.) He went to see his sleep doctor yesterday (he has sleep apnea and type 2 diabeties) and his Blood pressure was normal, sugar has been normal, oxogen (sorry not a good speller in the a.m. :oops: ) level was great. His doctor said whatever you're doing, KEEP DOING IT!! He's already adding years to his life. He called me last night and said "thank God we found Medifast!".

Good luck with your decision.
emma
:D
Started MF: 5/18/05
5'10"

Emma
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby doglover » June 10th, 2005, 4:52 am

I was a huge skeptic too. I had done just about everything else. So I decided to try it for 2 weeks. But really in my mind I had decided to try 3 days and see what happened. You know what happened? I lost 5 lbs in 3 days! I then thought I could go ahead w/ the 2 weeks. You know what happened? I lost something like 10 lbs! (can't remember now which cracks me up totally!)

Anyway, try it.
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby dlr2424 » June 10th, 2005, 7:37 am

Tim gave you great advice...... :clap: ...as well as al the others..... :goldstar: .......when you are ready come aboard..we'll be here....... :D .......to support you..... :yes: ...& to cheer you on to victory........... :cheerleader: .........
donna........dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Dean0408 » June 10th, 2005, 10:16 am

Well, we were lucky in that we did not have to be skeptical at all when my wife and I went on Medifast.

A trusted friend ( and member of this board) was on the program and we could see the results before our very eyes. We also got the honest scoop from her regarding what it was like to be on the plan.

Seeing was believing, so we made the committment and watched the pounds melt away. All I can tell you is that it is a program that has been around for many years and it WORKS if you follow the rules.

Being skeptical is not a bad thing. It simply means you are not convinced something is what it is cracked up to be. In this case however, there are tons of people who have lost tons of weight as proof that Medifast works. Even those that go off plan before they hit their goal will tell you that the plan worked when they followed it.

Why not give it a try for a while? You have nothing to lose but weight. You can convince yourself that it works.

Dean
Dean0408
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Mrsshrinkinglady » June 10th, 2005, 7:20 pm

Hi PC,
I have been on MF plan for almost 34 weeks and have lost 107 pounds.
MF works! Plain and simple BUT you must be ready and committed to follow the plan faithfully to make it work.
I understand your doubting of the plan, but what you can know for sure is that if you don't take a stand and change your eating habits,
your body will stay the same or grow larger. That may seem cold, but it is all a fact that we on this board had to face before we made this decision to get healthier, happier and more fit.
No one can convince you to do something you aren't ready and willing to do for yourself, but when you are we can support you and encourage you and help you to make the changes that SO many of us have!
Please go and look at my before, during and 100 pounds lost photo's
There you will see a dramatic transformation I promise you.
You are the only one that can decide that you need and want to change your weight .
This plan works and when you have had enough of being overweight you will make a choice to do something about it.
This is the best plan I have ever been on and I am almost 50 years old and have spent a large portion of my life on diets.
Medifast works, it's just that simple. What's not so simple is changing the way we think about food and what part it plays in our lives daily.
This is not an easy journey by far, but with all the wonderful food choices and the support we have here with a group of people whom are all fighting the same battle, you have the tools to fight this war and WIN IT.
We are here when you make the choice to get real and get serious about
making a change for the better.
Read the forum a lot and gain knowledge about the program, then when you are ready to give it a go, buy a starter package and go for it.
What do you have to lose?? OH YEAH lots of POUNDS :D
I wish you well and hope to see you among us Medifasters soon!
Shrink aka Mary
324/217/180
Mrsshrinkinglady
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby martha » June 10th, 2005, 8:19 pm

Hi pinkcupcake--- I too was very skeptical at first.. have tried all the other programs and alot of them worked only to regain it all later.. This Program really works.. I am down almost 40# since joining April 18th..you get plenty to eat and drink and this forum is GREAT!!!!!!! you can look for all the support you will ever need here.. So think about it and when you are ready give us a try.. I know you will be like me and GLAD you did.. Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby DogMa » June 10th, 2005, 11:33 pm

Hi, Pink. I'm new here, too (planning to start MF tomorrow) and plenty skeptical. I don't doubt that I'll lose weight on the plan. What concerns me is maintenance and the possibility of further lowering my metabolism, which has already suffered plenty from previous dieting.

I'm hoping the frequent feedings help with that, though. And I plan to continue working out (after taking a few days off while I start the program) to help, too.
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Spunky » June 11th, 2005, 6:16 am

CupCake, welcome to a wonderful forum support team. There is so much knowledge and power in this club. You may want to take UNCA's advice and read everything you can and think about it.

I can promise you that if you stay true to the plan, you will see amazing results and you will become healthier everyday. It is recommended that you not exercise for the first month to give you body time to adjust to the new program. I wish you the best in your decision.
Happy Trails Y'all......... Spunky

258/238/148healthy
Spunky
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby dlr2424 » June 11th, 2005, 7:01 am

............Dogma....&......Cupcake...........First of all.... :D ...Welcome....... :yes: ....glad you have come here inquiring.... :puter: ....my thoughts and many prayers go out to you both as you are contemplating this decision..... :angel: .......I'm not very skeptical but I do understand your concearns...... :hmmm: .......however after being on a million other weight loss adventures I would have to say.........the ONLY thing I would be skeptical in regards to Medifast is :.............ONE"S COMPLIANCY IN FOLLOWING THE PLAN................if you are confident you can follow the plan............there's no need to worry..... :no: .....you do your part............Medifast does there part..... :yeah: .......regardless of how damaged your metabolisim is from past plans....... :bouncie: .......I'm speaking from the heart........my metabolisim has been thru a worldwind for 35 years..... :roll: ....and has now been slowly but consistently working great...... :clap: .....This plan may seem like a diet....however it is preparing you for LIFESTYLE CHANGES..............eating smart & small portions 5-6 times a day.............regardless of how we lose the weight .....it is what we do with our habits afterwards.............we can't expect to go back to our old FATTY ways and think the weight will stay off....... :huh: ........there's a price to pay for everything in life...... :dunno: ........we all have to decide if the PRICE IS WORTH PAYING............if our HEALTH....SELF ESTEEM.........CONFIDENCE............is worth more than the excess calories we desire to consume that leave us nutitionally empty... :uhuh: ...depressed.... :sadblue: ....unhealthy........etc...etc... ..........I say check out this forum thouroughly.........and when your ready......come along...........if you follow the plan......you'll be flinging the flab........... :yay: .......
Donna.......dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Next

Return to Come on in.