New and a little skeptical

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

New and a little skeptical

Postby TEEJ » February 6th, 2006, 5:00 pm

Hi! I am completely new to this diet and just ordered my first shipment. I am excited to start! I do have a question about drinking water. I know there have been suggestions to drink disani water for flavor- Is it okay to add Lipton Green tea to go? The only ingredient is splenda which I thought was okay anyway. Does anyone know? :|
TEEJ

Postby falisamarie » February 6th, 2006, 6:08 pm

TEEJ

Hi and welcome aboard!! Don't worry any skeptism will be gone after you start the program. Medifast is the best program I have ever been on!! As for your question about water it has been discussed a lot here lately and it is my belief that you must have 64oz of unaltered water and then any noncaloric drink in addition to that. If you do a search with the word "water" you will find a lot of posts on the subject.

Can't wait to hear how you are doing

Lisa :rose:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby stelar » February 6th, 2006, 6:12 pm

Hi Teej,
Welcome to the MF family. This is an awesome place for support & guidance. Lisa's advice is correct. You also need to watch your caffeine intake (which I believe green tea is full of). I'm sure someone with more experience will let you know.

Welcome!
Stela
SD 01/18/06
199/183.5/135
stelar
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Loribug » February 8th, 2006, 11:16 am

I was under the impression that you could add things to your water, like crystal lite and it count towards your 64 oz. Correct me if I am wrong.
Loribug
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby falisamarie » February 8th, 2006, 11:30 am

Loribug

From what I understand and what my Dr told me is that you need at least 64oz unaltered water and in addition to that you can have other non caloric drinks. My Dr actually told me to cut my body weight in half and drink that many oz's of unaltered water a day so I drink at least 130oz a day. Hopefully if someone knows for sure they will chime in here. :mrgreen:

Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie

Postby Serendipity » February 8th, 2006, 11:44 am

Oh man, Lisa, I've heard that too, but I gotta tell ya, if I drank that much water, I'd have to be hooked up to a cath! OMG!
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby falisamarie » February 8th, 2006, 11:46 am

Yeah Jo I do spend a lot of time in the little girls room but everytime I go I just think of all the fat cells I am flushing away. I told my husband that we could afford the Medifast the problem is going to be affording the TP!!

Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie

Postby Drama Queen » February 8th, 2006, 2:04 pm

Unfortunately, the 64 oz. water requirement must be pure unaltered water. You need to drink a minimum of 64 oz. of pure unalterd water a day for MF to work at peak performance. In fact, I have read that to optimize ketosis you should drink 64 oz. plus another 8 oz. for every 25 pounds you want to lose. Drinking all the water is really one of the reasons MF works. You can have your other approved beverages inconjunction with your required water. Just keep drinking that water and washing away that fat!!!
Start Date 1/22/06
Age 53 / Height 5'9"

Drama Queen
Preferred Member - 60# Club

THANKS FOR THE TIPS

Postby TEEJ » February 8th, 2006, 4:51 pm

Thanks for the tips!! I will drink as much water as I possibly can. I am really motivated! I haven't started yet because I am waiting for my order to come. I just hope I don't lose my motivation before it finally gets here!! I do have another question as I was trying to explain how it works to my husband (he thinks all diets are a way to fail). Anyway, if you need to eat every 3-4 hours to stay in mild ketosis, what happens when you sleep? :?
TEEJ

Postby falisamarie » February 8th, 2006, 5:00 pm

Keep reading and you will stay motivated! I am not sure about the sleeping question but I know it works!! My hubby was skeptical at first too but since I have been doing this he is more convinced everyday that this is really going to work for me!!

Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie

Postby Drama Queen » February 8th, 2006, 5:11 pm

Do a search on this site for "Ketosis" (without the quotes) There are some very interesting and informative posts about it that should answer a lot of your questions. It is my understanding that we enter into a mild state of Ketosis when we sleep normally. Keep reading, keep motivated and soon you will be shaking and losing!!
Start Date 1/22/06
Age 53 / Height 5'9"

Drama Queen
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby stelar » February 8th, 2006, 8:35 pm

Hi Teej,
One more thing ... you need to eat every 2-3 hours. This will keep your metabolism revved up high. Sometimes it's hard to stick to that schedule but it works! I never do well on diets but I'm down 10 lbs in a little less than 3 weeks! Normally 10 lbs would take 2-3 months. MF WORKS!

Shakin' with you!
Stela
SD 01/18/06
199/183.5/135
stelar
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Return to Come on in.