I shot that cheating scale! @#$%@

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

I shot that cheating scale! @#$%@

Postby Spunky » June 2nd, 2005, 10:19 am

HELP, I need to post that my scale at home is soooo out of wack that I took it out to the back forty and shot it ! :shoot:

I started working out on Tuesday, May 31 after work. I weighed in on the gym scale. It weighed me in at 240????? Not 221 like at home.
So of course I thought the gym scale was wrong!!! I asked 4 people to hop on and see if the scale was accurate. To my sadness, the scale was correct. :sadblue:

I immediately went to the shipping department at work where I was told they had a digital scale for thousands of pounds. I hoped on the digital scale and it said 239.5?????????? :hugblue:

Now I am reporting to the MF THIN team that I am up almost 20 pounds. Oh noooooooooo. Oh well, it is just one more mini hill to conquer!
:redprowl:
Happy Trails Y'all......... Spunky

258/238/148healthy
Spunky
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby 24KaratGold » June 2nd, 2005, 11:16 am

I don't know whether to laugh or cry with you! I'm sorry that your home scale was wrong, but I bet it felt good to get that sucker in your sights!

Hey, you're down twenty either way, right? THAT's what counts, that you are making progress towards a thinny you. Hang in there!
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby fatBgone » June 2nd, 2005, 11:43 am

I'm sorry Spunky!!! :pet:

Just keep in mind that you've still LOST 27 pounds....you're not UP 20 pounds!! :hug:
Lisa
fatBgone
Preferred Member - #40 Club

oh no!

Postby AlexisClaire » June 2nd, 2005, 11:58 am

What a piece o' YouKnowWhat! That makes me very suspicious of MY scale now! I'll be checking on it for sure! I think we should all be mindful of the information we're being fed by those sneaky contraptions!
Goodbye 250's!
Goodbye 240's!
Goodbye 230's!
YOU'RE NEXT 220'S!!!
I'm on my way to Onederland...
AlexisClaire
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby Spunky » June 2nd, 2005, 3:59 pm

Thanks for your kind words. It did feel great to blast that #@%&*@ scale apart!

I just now changed my ticker factory to reflect the new weight loss of only 8 wimpy pounds. I will get cracking on the weight loss and try to catch up. Just a minor setback.
I sure don't want to tell UNCA to take me off the 20 pound club, that hurts as much as the scale being off.

Hey, I wrote to Nancy and asked her where to buy a good scale and she said that on her website they sell a digital scale for 23 bucks. Sounds good to me!

258/238/148healthy
Spunky

Postby want2Bthin » June 2nd, 2005, 4:04 pm

Spunky-

You should buy the scale Nancy told you about. I bought one last month and I love it. I can see the numbers and everthing. :-P

Angelia
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby 24KaratGold » June 2nd, 2005, 4:18 pm

Spunky, if you are going to increase your current weight on your ticker you should also increase your starting weight. You HAVE lost 27 pounds, and you are entitled to brag on that!
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Triskets » June 2nd, 2005, 4:22 pm

Spunky -

I would have shot that S.O.B. too! I had a similar experience a couple of years ago. My husband INSISTED that the scale we had was accurate. I knew it wasn't. So I bought a new scale for me and could prove to him that his was off 20 pounds (not everything you buy at Costco is a good deal). He uses mine now and he threw his out! lol. I just love proving the engineer wrong!
Hey YOU know how you feel - not matter what the scale may read.
Hang in their sweetie and all will be lost!
:D
Trish
Pound by pound my weight is coming down!
Start over 2/9/2008
268/252
Triskets

Postby doglover » June 2nd, 2005, 4:22 pm

I agree 24k! You still have lost 27 lbs bec. you had to have started higher than you thought! Even though the final number was wrong, the going down was NOT!

27 lbs for you - you are NOT allowed out of the club!
Dona
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

That Scale!!

Postby Jan » June 2nd, 2005, 4:49 pm

You know, everyone is RIGHT -- you have lost 27 pounds -- a GREAT weight loss :D I tell people to always weight on the same scale if they must weigh often. All scales seem to register a little different. It's what happens in the long run that counts. Pounds lost are still pounds lost. I personally dislike the scale so much that I only weigh about every 2 - 3 weeks. I always get a nice surprise then!! I think the little compliments we get are more important (Gee, it looks like you've lost weight :D :D ) Sometimes when I go to the doctor I don't even look to see what it says and tell the nurse not to tell me. I only hear about it if the doc says something. I must admit though, I really would have loved to see you shoot the scale-- too bad you didn't have a web cam!! I think lots of us would mail you our %$#@ scales too, to see them so rightly disposed of :-P
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby fatBgone » June 2nd, 2005, 8:31 pm

Spunky,
I can't believe you changed your current weight and not your starting weight!!! :aarggh: You haven't lost 8 pounds, just cuz the scale was wrong!! Fix your ticker right NOW :whip: and you are STILL in the 20 pound club - inching up on the 30 pound club!!! :clap: Give yourself the credit you deserve!!!

PS Hope that didn't sound TOO bossy....hehe!! :oops: I was trying to be firm - not bossy!!
Lisa
fatBgone

Postby LilMsTexas » June 3rd, 2005, 5:55 am

Hey Spunky,
I can't even BELIEVE that you have taken your victory away and have now decided you didn't really lose the weight you've really lost. Do you even hear how dumb that sounds? Say it outloud so you can really hear it. If you MUST change your ticker then UP the beginning weight and keep the loss where it SHOULD be! Goofy woman...what are you thinking?

Now go fix it right now or you'll have to be sent to your room without your Medifast :shock:
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Postby itsgonnaworkthistime » June 3rd, 2005, 8:29 am

I'm with Everyone on this......go change your ticker and up your starting weight. You have still lost the 27 pounds. So go change it right now like all your bossy medifast friends have told you!!!! :mrgreen:

Maura
Start Date: 1/2/2007
itsgonnaworkthistime
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Spunky » June 3rd, 2005, 8:00 pm

Y'all crack me up!!!!!!!!!

My craziness is my thought process that I will never tip the scale over 250#. Well, in my mind I only made it to 248. Call me nuts! :goofy:
When I was a pup, I looked awesome, super athletic, and I promised myself I would never go over 150#. I want to get back to the real me!

Now I WILL get back under 150 and back to that vibrant person I was as a pup (only better) and stay under 148# THE REST OF MY HEALTHY LIFE!

It is all about the journey my MF buddies. Light bulb moments my friends. Thanks for all the great suggestions.

258/238/148healthy
Spunky

Postby tumbleweed » June 4th, 2005, 4:27 am

Spunky, congrats on the 27 pounds!!!! And wow what fun taking out that scale, I actually pictured the pesty thing shattering up into tiny pieces and forgive me for this yall, but I took alot of pleasure in that ha ha ha. I havent wanted to take a wack at mine since I started medifast but I have had my days before this diet thats for sure. :D
tumbleweed
Trusted Member - #100 Club
Trusted Member - #100 Club

Next

Return to The Weight Room