SHAKER JAR SUBSTITUTE

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

SHAKER JAR SUBSTITUTE

Postby armeewyf » July 10th, 2005, 2:43 pm

Hi all...I am back from my FL trip and have a big problem! I left my shaker jars there! :roll: Any ideas on substitutes? Do they make these things anyplace else? I don't know if I am tired or what but I cannot remember seeing them anywhere...

Thanks!
Lee Ann
armeewyf
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Shaker Jar

Postby Jan » July 10th, 2005, 3:41 pm

Hi Lee Ann
I think any jar with a tight fitting lid will do -- just measure in the amount of water -- 8 - 10 oz and shake -- pour into a glass and drink!! You can order more shaker jars on your next order $1.99 each. I try to have several since my whole family uses the products and my jars "dissapear". :?
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby suzyq » July 10th, 2005, 4:10 pm

Tupperware makes a cup called Quick Shake - around $12 but it has a little thing in it that helps mix and it has a top you can drink out of - I use that all the time!

Susanne
"Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."

restart 6/5/08
suzyq
Preferred Member - #50 Club

shaker

Postby Misty » July 10th, 2005, 5:36 pm

Found some cool ones at target with the insert to help mix better. Cool colors too!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

Restart 6/12/06
Misty
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby martha » July 11th, 2005, 9:05 am

Lee Ann--

Welcome back friend.. I have one from tupperware and one from Walmart too.. but any jar or bottle will do that has a tight lid.. I dropped one of mine and the lid broke so I have a cup and no lid.. :mrgreen: Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby armeewyf » July 11th, 2005, 9:42 am

Thanks everyone! I used a tupperware thing thats like a bowl till I can get out of here to go check out the stores. What an improvisation!

These vacations have killed me MF-wise. After Mexico I was all set to re-start myself, was home abt 10 days (which I did well on MF then), went to FL for 2 1/2 weeks and only stayed true to the program a week. I felt like I was wasting the product because my L&G's weren't totally compliant. We were at this beach one nite, back at my moms another nite, on the road again the next day, etc. SOOOOOOO--Back on the program today. NOT STOPPING FOR ANYTHING! No more trips, outings, etc that I know of. Just wish I had my shakers! :)

Lee Ann
armeewyf
Preferred Member - 60# Club

shaker jar

Postby Bonnie » July 11th, 2005, 1:37 pm

Hi Lee Ann, how are you doing now that vacation is over with? Are you staying on the Medifast and watching the pounds melt away?

I too had run out of those shaker jars at one point. My husband found some at the grocery store that works great for him. But I prefer the Medifast shaker jars with the measurements right on the jar. So I ordered 5 more from my Health Advisor.....
I lost 50lbs Through Take Shape for Life

Bonnie Wills
Bonnie

Postby dlr2424 » July 11th, 2005, 3:26 pm

Leeann........ :D .....welcome back..........most any store probably carries them.... :yes: ....I know Linen & Things had them for 5.00....however you can always pour your powder into a water bottle and shake real good.... :yay: ..works for me when i'm in the car

Donna....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424

Postby Nancy » July 11th, 2005, 11:18 pm

Hey, Cutie!

I missed you!

You got some great suggestions here.

Really any plastic or glass container will do just be SURE the lid fits really well or you will have a Medimess to deal with...Newbies: Medifast can totally stink up your carpet...I dumped a shake on the rug in the condo we stayed at in Kauai while playing a game of Nertz with Bonnie and Becky...it made the carpet smell so gross...my husband is known for shake splashage - I have BANNED him from slurping shakes in Buzz, my VeeDub...

FYI, I have my original shaker jar! It has sort of an orange tint from all the Frank's Hot sauce I add to my Homestyle Chili, Minestrone, and the Chicken & Wild Rice Soup...the numbers and lines are totally rubbed off but it still shakes!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby tumbleweed » July 12th, 2005, 8:23 am

I carry an extra shaker in the trunk of my car and a few extra packs of shake in my purse for them just incase times. I tried to get a pack into a bottle of water one time and made an awful mess of it, so I decided I better make sure I always have a shaker handy :D
tumbleweed
Trusted Member - #100 Club
Trusted Member - #100 Club

Return to Come on in.