Shaker Jar Mishap

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Shaker Jar Mishap

Postby Anna » October 9th, 2004, 1:40 pm

Today I tried to mix my shake with something other than water for the first time. I decided to mix a strawberry shake with raspberry selzer water. But, I forgot that someone here mentioned a rule of thumb when mixing carbonated beverages in the shaker jar: add just a little at first, then the mix, and shake to blend. Then add the rest of the carbonation.

Well, I filled my shaker jar with selzer water and a couple ice cubes because it was at room temperature, and added my shake, screwed on the lid, and shook. And the lid promptly flew off, spraying pink shake all over my kitchen!!

Well, lesson learned, and my kitchen needed to be cleaned anyway.

So, remember boys and girls: never fill up your shaker jar with something carbonated unless you have at least an hour to clean up the resulting mess!

-anna

p.s.: I'm only on my third full day of MF, but I peeked at the scale this morning, and WOO HOO! I can't wait for my first roll-call weigh-in tomorrow morning! Stay tuned to find out how happy my first week has been!
<><
Start: 10/6/04
240/230/140
Woohoo!
Anna
Newbie - #10 Club

Postby MomJackieLee » October 9th, 2004, 9:00 pm

Doncha just love carbonation???

Kinda reminds me of the time years ago when I put "just a drop" of dawn in the dishwasher because I was out of the detergent...

My kitchen looked like something out of I Love Lucy and Iwas moping up bubbles for hours :lol:
MomJackieLee
246/222/160
MomJackieLee
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Return to Weight Loss