Serendipity

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby Elizabeth » October 21st, 2006, 8:23 am

Serendipity wrote:I was up really early this morning to see my husband off on his trip so I took the time to re-read my journal. I recommend it! It was a nostalgic trip through my journey.

http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/diet-8631.html

Jo, its funny you mention that because I went back to your early days just early this morning also...page one of archives of your posts when your first started....for inspiration. You are a role model that I watch regularly for insight to be successful....thank you for sharing.

adding.....I went back to your thread about your weekend with your girlfriends!! That is such a cool story.
Elizabeth
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Serendipity » October 21st, 2006, 9:32 am

Elizabeth,

I thought that since you read my journal, I would go and read yours.....well.....where is it? :mrgreen:
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Diana » October 21st, 2006, 9:43 am

How's the quilt coming? What kind of blocks are you making?
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby Serendipity » October 21st, 2006, 2:36 pm

Well, Diana, Not so good, lol. A friend called me this morning and wanted to go shopping at a place called Smicksburg (Amish country - they were having a pumpkin festival), so she twisted my arm....didn't take much, lol.

I'm making a flannel rag quilt. It's all in light blue flannel, different patterns with a big block in the middle that will have a chenille lamb. It's really cute. Thanks for asking, though. I need to really get down to it tomorrow, though, if I'm gonna have it done in time for the shower.

Food journal update: ok
jo
Serendipity

Postby Elizabeth » October 21st, 2006, 4:42 pm

hehe Jo, no public journal :)
Elizabeth

Postby Serendipity » October 22nd, 2006, 8:24 am

Oh Elizabeth! You should try it. You can share as much or as little as you like.

Food journal update: doin' fine.

I had a very vivid dream last night about a tornado chasing me. Hmmmm, could the tornado represent food? I'm sure that's it, because I've been thinking so much about maintenance. The tornado didn't catch me, yay!

With hubby gone, I find myself acting like a slug. I'm supposed to be sewing right now and instead, I'm having my 4th cup of coffee. Sheeez, what a lazy bum! Oh yeah, and what's up with this? I forgot to eat my oatmeal this morning......just had my first supplement and it's 10:45! Ok, jo, get up, come on.....it's time, girlie.
jo
Serendipity

Postby Serendipity » October 23rd, 2006, 5:39 am

Well, I finally got off my butt yesterday and had a good three hours in the sewing room. This quilt is taking longer than expected. I hope I can get it done on time.......I work best under pressure, though.

I tried the banana pudding by mistake. Thought I was opening chocolate. I love it! I prepared it and put it in the freezer for about an hour. It was sooooo good.

Today, I play bridge, so I'm only working for a few hours. I'm gonna be so behind at work, because tomorrow thru Friday, I'm babysitting the Jakester.

Here's the phone call I got from Mark on his cell phone last night:

Kchrrrrr, kchrrrr, got, kchrrr, breakin up, kchrrrrr, kchrrrrr, anothkchrrrrr, call, kchrrrrrr, kchrrrrrr.........

Gottal love that North Dakota reception. At least I know he got there safely.
jo
Serendipity

Postby Serendipity » October 27th, 2006, 7:06 pm

Back from babysitting. We had so much fun together. We baked cookies, went to the movies, made dinner (Jake was really into helping and he kept saying "Grandma I loved the roast beef!" It's so much fun being a grandma. I find that I have all the patience that I needed when my kids were little but didn't have. We played on the floor with his car collection for hours and hours. He has several hundred cars and we arranged them in various shapes and then snapped pictures for his parents to see. When I was leaving tonight, he was tearful until I reminded him that I'll see him again on Friday next week.

When I arrived home, my LL Bean coat, size 10, had arrived. Fit's perfectly with room for a heavy sweater. Also received my NorthStyle outfit, size medium.....again, perfect fit. Loving my new duds.

Hubby has called every day. He's having a good time hunting, but he misses me. He'll be home on Sunday. My plan for tomorrow is to sew all day. I've gotta finish that quilt, dang it!

Back to the food journal starting tomorrow.
jo
Serendipity

Go Jo!

Postby KimKim » October 27th, 2006, 9:13 pm

Hi Jo,

I just finished the rest of your journal and caught up with your one year anniversary. I'm so proud of you. Wow, the tenacity. As a resident cheater, I'm trying to find the inner strength to stick with it. you know this, you've written me before. I just wanted to say thanks for sticking to it for all of us! You are definitely an inspiration!

Kim
KimKim
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby Serendipity » October 28th, 2006, 2:46 pm

Thanks, Kim. I appreciate that.

Well, I've got my days mixed up and I figured out why. I've been sewing and watching Lifetime Movies all day......that's Sunday for me, lol. Thank God hubby comes home tomorrow....he'll set me straight. Who knows? Maybe I'll have another pound to add to the weigh in tomorrow.

I'm down to two puddings and my autoship doesn't go out until the 10th....bummer. My new found treat will have to wait a few days, I guess.

It's so peaceful and quiet here today. I love quiet. I know the reason for that, too. Growing up with six other siblings, there was never quiet. I've always loved being alone. Hubby and the dogs will certainly liven the place up......and the laundry from his trip....ughhh! Better go and enjoy what's left of my alone time.
jo
Serendipity

Postby GucciGoo » October 30th, 2006, 11:36 am

Hey there skinny-minny! You are kicking my butt! I better catch up with you soon!
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo

Postby Serendipity » October 30th, 2006, 11:56 am

hehe, can't catch meeeeeee!

Hey, xmas....did ya see the boots I ordered? Check em out on the boots thread. I'm psyched to try them.
jo
Serendipity

Postby Serendipity » November 2nd, 2006, 3:42 am

Hmmm, what's going on with the website? I couldn't get on all day yesterday and today it's loading soooooooo sllllooooowwwwwllllllyyyyyyyyy. Don't like bein' without my forum. :cry:

I'm having trouble sleeping. I went to bed at 8:30 last night because I was so tired from lack of sleep the night before and slept for about 3 hours. Then I was awake at least every hour all night. Finally woke at 3:30 am and couldn't get back to sleep. What's up with that? I'll be a log all day.....grrrrrrrr.

I'm thin! I'm essentially finished with the weight loss phase....8 more pounds and I'm there. I'm so glad to have that feeling after such a long time on one track....I'm thin! waaahoooooo! The only down side is that I know I look older....the wrinkles, sheeez. No complaints, though. The wrinkles look so much better than the tight fat skin did.....but my vanity....it takes some getting used to, that's all. People used to tell me that I looked 15 years younger than I am.....no more. I think I actually look older than 50. Anyway, my problems are almost over because I just ordered the Lauren Hutten makeup collection. (lack of sleep = infomercials, lol) So when that comes, I'll look 30 again.....yeah, right.

Food journal update: Struggling a bit.
jo
Serendipity

Postby casma500 » November 2nd, 2006, 8:20 am

WOW! I only hope wrinkles are my only concern soon! LOL ~ You look amazing!!!! Your avatar doesn't show wrinkles here :)

And good for you for ordering that m=up collex -- you should treat yourself to a spa day for losing the weight you have lost Serendipity! You are gorgeous! Don't forget that!

the web site was down for me yesterday too (MAJOR withdrawals!!!) ~ there is a note posted now by nancy about it. hope she is safely on her way to Sundance now!
~ Be Yourself -- Everyone Else is Already Taken ~

Postby Lizabette » November 2nd, 2006, 8:42 am

Serendipity wrote:I'm thin! I'm essentially finished with the weight loss phase....8 more pounds and I'm there. I'm so glad to have that feeling after such a long time on one track....I'm thin! waaahoooooo! The only down side is that I know I look older....the wrinkles, sheeez. No complaints, though. The wrinkles look so much better than the tight fat skin did.....but my vanity....it takes some getting used to, that's all. People used to tell me that I looked 15 years younger than I am.....no more. I think I actually look older than 50. Anyway, my problems are almost over because I just ordered the Lauren Hutten makeup collection. (lack of sleep = infomercials, lol) So when that comes, I'll look 30 again.....yeah, right.

JO,
Let me know if the makeup works! I am feeling that I am looking more my age, too!
But at 76, how am I supposed to feel? You know, my beautiful daughter is your age.
You've come a long way, baby!

At the recent OKC events, reunions (2) buffetts (2) banquets (2), etc., etc. I was told how wonderful I am looking.
So I'll ignore my 'age' feelings...at least for now, and revel in the 'thin' thoughts.

So happy for you that your weight loss phase is about over, and you can begin to enjoy regular foods that you have denied yourself for so long.
It is a 'little by little' process and a little scary until you learn what and how much you can safely eat and still maintain your beautiful new figure.

You continue to inspire hope in all of us! You GO, girl!

Lizabette :heart:
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal