Serendipity

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby falisamarie » June 15th, 2006, 5:53 am

Jo~

That is great and I know exactly how you feel. Last night Rob looked at me and asked me what happened to the woman he married and I was confused till he told me that I was only half the woman he married, usually not a good thing but I knew what he meant.

Enjoy your cruise!

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Nancy » June 15th, 2006, 9:47 am

Jo ~

I am all :tears: bleary-eyed and my armhairs are standing up with :boing: happiness for you!

You, too Falisa. :thumbsup:

I know exactly whatcha mean - my husband can't keep his hands off my hiney. :oops: Whenever we stand beside one another to speak, he's always pinching me! I love it! :yes:

It would be so :sheepjump: fun to be in the dressing room and :shades: watch you twirl about and giggle with thinny glee!

:x Dang! Your 5th cruise?! Sheesh! :lightsword: fighting jealousy here...

I hope you have a blast - this will be better than the honeymoon. You guys are experienced now! :heart:

All aspects of our lives change when we make the commitment to lose weight and make it a permanent change. No longer does the 'other' woman come between us. The 'other' woman in our marriage was the fat version of moi ( from my newsletter archives).

I changed my mind and my meal plan and it changed my life - body, soul and mind.

At times it is hard to explain to people the joy that comes as a result of thinnin'. When people ask me if I miss pizza, popcorn drenched in butter and pork ribs and in my mind compare the momentary taste of those fatty foods to the exhilaration of being cherished, of having energy and vigor like I can't ever recall having, of being able to wear not just 'normal' but awesome clothes, my answer to them is, "heck, no!" I love my thinny life!

Jo, I am just so very proud of you. You have worked diligently and stuck with it through the 'honeymoon' stage and the boring slow scale movin' days. You are to be commended. I love ya like crazy. :rose: Thanks for being

This 'Serendipity' is no chance happening - she is meant to be
and she is just now coming into her prime time! And she is HOT! :roflmao:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Serendipity » June 18th, 2006, 4:52 pm

Had a busy and fun weekend. My son, his wife, and the Jakester came home for the weekend. We had a great time.....it's hard to believe we fit in so much stuff in one weekend! Dinner, movies (took Jake to see "Cars"), shopping, a parade, riding horses, another movie at home. Sheeez. And that was all before today!

After the kids left, DH and I jumped in the Z3 and drove.....what a nice day for a drive! We went to the new mall and browsed for a bit, but didn't really have a destination in mind.....just wanted to drive. There's something about the wind in your hair and the zoom zoom of the car that just makes troubles fall away......not that I have any troubles, lol. As stated above in another post.....nothin' bothers me, lol.

My Medifast program is going fine......I'm in the ho hum part of it. Just doin' it, waiting for goal to come along, but enjoying the ride. I do get a little impatient for it, but I knew when I started that it would be a long road......at least a year. So 8 months are gone and I should reach my goal in about 4 more or so. It will go fast.....heck.....I'm 2/3's there, time wise and almost 70% there weight wise. It's kind of like a pregnancy.....the newness is over and I know the end will come....it's just not here yet......and oh...one big difference.....there will be no pain in the end, lol. It'll all be goooood. :mrgreen:
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Tankie » June 18th, 2006, 10:28 pm

I just had to tell ya the movie you were thinking of above was "Blast from the past" with Brendan Fraser.....I'm a movie nut....

So where's your cruise taking ya....some exotic tropical ports I hope! :D

I just went to Cancun and Cozumel in March and loved it!!!

Happy Trails!!!!
Amy
It's been swell but the swelling's gone down...

Tankie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby DogMa » June 18th, 2006, 10:41 pm

I LOVE cruising, so I'm so jealous! :mrgreen:

You're going to look fantastic, though! (And I'm with you. I love buying clothes these days! Now if I could just tuck my shirts in ...)
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Serendipity » June 19th, 2006, 7:07 am

Tankie wrote:So where's your cruise taking ya....some exotic tropical ports I hope! :D

We're sailing on the Crown Princess (brand new, this is only it's second voyage) out of New York City. First stop Bermuda, then St. Thomas, San Juan, and Grand Turk (it's a new port so I know nothing about it). It's a 9 day cruise, so there's also alot of "at sea" time.....more than 4 days. We picked this cruise because of that. I love the at sea days.

We've been to all of those places except Grand Turk......can't wait to revisit.
jo
Serendipity

Postby Serendipity » June 19th, 2006, 7:11 am

DogMa wrote: Now if I could just tuck my shirts in ...

If I can't tuck my shirts in when I weigh 137, I'm gonna freak out! Right now I have a midriff thing going on, but I was sort of hoping that would shrink at least enough for tucking......Are you sure you can't yet? Oh man!
jo
Serendipity

Postby Nancy » June 19th, 2006, 8:01 pm

Jo ~

Your cruise sounds wonderful and what a great time it will be with your DH after all the hard work you two did to get your clients ready for tax day. You can relax, enjoy one another in special ways and take in the activities of the ship. Recreation as a healthier and thinner person is so much nicer, eh?

It must be really comfy ridin' in your sports car, too! You are lookin' so hot, Jo!

Yep, I tell people this is very much like a pregnancy - it takes time, there's some pain involved and yet when we stay focused on the end result, it is so worth it!

re: Tuckge!

You MUST have tuckage! This afternoon when T and I went for a photo shoot, we each took a couple of outfits. First we had a picture taken in our formal duds (what we are wearing to the Take Shape For Life formal banquet at conference next week) and then I wore my leathers and a spandex shirt - tucked in, of course! We walked through the mall to the photo studio and I must say that Terry was rather proud to have me walk beside him - yeah, I got a lot of stares - a lady my age wearin' leather pants and so what? I wear 'em, because I can! When I wear them, it gives hope to others that they, too can enjoy a healthy and thinny life. You are a prime example of Medisuccess, too, Jo!

Keep at it, Friend! Start packin' for Grand Turk!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby DogMa » June 19th, 2006, 8:02 pm

I can't. Everything's shrunk but my middle's still really flabby. I've started doing lots of stomach and butt work. Because that just isn't right!
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby alpha femme » June 19th, 2006, 8:29 pm

have you been to st thomas before? my favorite thing in the world is snorkeling, and there are some awesome places....

but! if you want to see the most beautiful place in the world, do the ferry ride to st john. it is the opposite of st thomas. snorkel trunk bay or caneel bay. absolutely beautiful. st john is actually where i feel the most at home in the world these days.

if you stay on st thomas, check out saphhire bay. the downtown area can be overwhelming and off-putting, but the rest of the islands are amazing.

have fun!!
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby DogMa » June 19th, 2006, 8:36 pm

Oh, I agree. St. John was gorgeous. St. Thomas seemed more shopping-oriented.

But my absolute favorite island is St. Kitts, I think. I went there once, and it was amazing. With wild green monkeys, although of COURSE our group was the only one not to see any!
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby alpha femme » June 19th, 2006, 9:05 pm

hey, st john has wild donkeys!! and goats.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby Serendipity » July 4th, 2006, 5:55 am

Well, back from vacation nightmare here. All the catching up at work, unpacking, laundry, grass, weeding flowerbeds, etc. etc. On top of all that, we have friends flying in to stay with us for the weekend and they want us to throw a "little" party. Little parties don't exist, here. They grow to big parties, lol. I often wonder if it's worth it......YES, of course it is!

On vacation, I heard someone say at dinner one night when asked which cruise was their favorite that "the next one" is always their favorite, because they just get better and better. He was right! This trip was the best and we're already planning another one.

Our ship was huge (2.5 laps = 1 mile). It had 6 swimming pools, 8 hot tubs. The spa/exercise room was actually 3 stories full of luxury. We were given a tour of that area on day 1. They had a room available that was a private lockable room filled with all sorts of oils, mud, showers, hot stones etc......you get the idea. The guide told us that this room was for rent by the hour @ $150 and we could lock the door and have privacy. LOL! We didn't opt for that, but I thought it was quite interesting, lol. There were 4 dining rooms, 4 theaters, countless lounges and a huge atrium that was always buzzing with entertainment and activity.

The ports were quite fun, but what we liked to do is get off of the ship for a few hours, see what we wanted to see.....then get back to the ship and enjoy the quiet. We could have a pool or hot tub to ourselves, the dining rooms were pretty empty.....we had our own ship for awhile at each stop. Each trip, we get a little smarter. We don't like to wait in line, so we don't. We wait for the mad scramble to be over and just walk right through the line that had an hour wait earlier. We often ran into other people like us. We would smile and comment about the mad dashers, lol.

We exercised almost every day. They had yoga classes, pilates, spin. We used the treadmills and eliptical machines. I had to hold back, though, making sure I didn't overdo.

Overall, we had a fantastic time. For 9 days, I was number 1 on my husband's list and he on mine. The real world sometimes gets in the way of that.

My next post will discuss staying on plan during a trip.
jo
Serendipity

Postby Lizabette » July 4th, 2006, 7:18 am

JO,

I really didn't have time to do this, having company for the 4th holiday and all,
but I was enthralled reading your journal.
You just beat all!

One of your entries I could really relate to...the one where things didn't bother you like they used to.
I had even thought about writing about that myself.

Company and events don't stress me like they did---love being with family and friends,
but wanting to look good, to please everyone,
and having things look just right, you know what I mean.
I must have gotten hold of that same magic potion you seemed to have gotten.
Wonder which packet it comes in?

Life feels more peaceful... love the 'skinny' compliments,
but more than that there is a calmness and less worry about people and things.
Hard to explain.

But aside from that, JO, I have so enjoyed reading your posts and I feel I know you...
and I love this person I know.

Thanks Jo, for the refreshing read, and now I really must get back to my family.
Oh, but I really must know how you went on a nine day cruise and lost three pounds!
I'll probably copy it for future reference!

Lizabette :heart:
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Janae » July 4th, 2006, 7:47 am

AHHH...yes *heavy sigh* ...we've missed you!

Can't wait for your next post...short vacation coming soon ;)
Janae
Preferred Member - #40 Club

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal