Scarlet2507

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby Mike » August 2nd, 2008, 9:58 am

Woo hoo for 10 lbs gone Scarlet. :whoohoo: You are seriously burning some rubber now. :veedub: We are so happy for you, and I do believe that you have caught the Medizone Train. :cheermed:

Keep it, we are here for you. :goteam:

By the way... try the Tropical punch with SF lemonade, and the Cran Mango blended with ice and seltzer water... even yummier than normal.
:pour:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby scarlet2507 » August 3rd, 2008, 8:27 am

Thanks, Mike! I mean, how can you not lose weight when doing so, gets all those cute smileys! Haha. I'm going to try your suggestions, too! Sounds great.

I weighed myself this morning, 296.0 even! That's 10.4 pounds down... I'm still in a bit of shock, since it's so easy to stay on this plan. My stomach no longer keeps me up at night, I haven't had the horrible heartburn I used to consistently have. It's incredible! My ankles started to swell last night (which has been a first, since the drop in water weight in the beginning of my plan), so I figured TOM was about to rear its ugly head... and it has! So, Katesmom, if you're reading this, I totally get where you're coming from! Haha!

I went to the supermarket and grabbed a few things... primarily to get stuff for oatmeal muffins... found a post about them, and figured I ought to try them. Especially since I'm not a huge oatmeal fan. Hopefully they will turn out well, and if not, hell, at least I have pudding! (Had to throw that out there!) I added a tinsy bit of mint extract to my chocolate shake yesterday, and it was delightful. I'm learning to tweak the things I don't like from my package into something I could like! Wish me luck on my muffin expedition... I'm going to need all the luck I can get!

Hope everyone is doing well! Happy Sunday to all!

306.4/229.0/170
Started this MF journey on July 24, 2008!
scarlet2507
Regular Member - #40 Club

Postby katesmom » August 3rd, 2008, 9:28 am

Hi Scarlet !

Just LOVE your avatar !! Very cool .... Anyway, yes, the TOM has come twice in a month...Lucky me...But today I'm fighting the "beast" and have been drinking tons of water and took a walk already !

We shall persevere !
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
Can't wait to WIN this race !!
katesmom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby scarlet2507 » August 5th, 2008, 2:51 pm

We shall persevere, Katesmom! Even though the bloating, grumpy, irritable parts of me would choose otherwise! :)

So, I've been grumpy and irritable, and away from the boards for a day or two. Feeling fine on MF, but I think I finally found the culprit of my uncomfortablility... chicken noodle soup... who would have thunk it?!? haha. Only thing that really screws up my tummy, so i have about 10 packets, if someone else likes it!

I've made oatmeal muffins, which definitely helps with my oatmeal gag reflex. I haven't been my acid reducer pill since the beginning of last week, and I'm sleeping better than I have in years. Definitely weird, given my horrible sleep patterns in previous times. I'm just super grateful for this experience and for it to be working, as it is seen! (except for the 2 week-in, which is Thursday, and I'm not expecting much... haha)

306.4/229.0/170
scarlet2507

Postby katesmom » August 5th, 2008, 4:09 pm

It's all about PERSEVERENCE !!!
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
katesmom

Postby scarlet2507 » August 6th, 2008, 5:35 am

Hello folks... one more day until the 2 week weigh-in! I can't believe it's been two weeks already! As I sit here eating my oatmeal pancakes (yes, I actually cooked them this morning, believe it), I'm still in awe of this program. I think it gets easier, honestly. Now, granted, at the end of the month, I have to travel for work to NYC a couple days, next month, I have to go to Kansas City for a couple days... but I'm really not worried. I was thinking about that this morning, and looked to the boards for advice. RTD's and splitting your lean and green are probably the best ideas for traveling.

Also, I forgot to mention something that happened at work yesterday, that was kind of an eye opener. A coworker, who I would call one of my best friends, and I were talking about Medifast... a couple friends of hers are going on Optifast, or something like that. We were talking the pros and cons of my program, so that she could go tell her friends about it and they could make an educated decision on which path they wanted to take. She, thankfully for her, doesn't really need to lose weight, but I was telling her about some of the people I've encountered, and the fact that one in particular lost over 300 lbs with the system. Just off the cuff had said I don't really know how one gets to be over 600 lbs, and I would hope that if that were me, I would have seen the problem before that. She followed up with something like, yeah, I don't see how anyone can allow themselves to get to 300 pounds and not have done something about it. Yeah, talk about a knife in the heart. She obviously has no idea that she was talking about me in her indignant comment. As I've said earlier, I believe I hold/carry/hide my weight pretty well. Pretty wacky that an off-hand remark has been on my mind since yesterday... why did I let myself get that big? How did it happen? And now I'm even more determined to get myself healthy.

As my brother said to me the other day... I'm really excited to see you thin... in the kindest way possible, mind you... because both he and I have no idea what I will look like thin. I've been over 220 pounds since 9th grade, so in my adult life, I've never been thin. It's definitely a whoa moment, that I'm hoping to change one day at a time, one meal at a time.

306.4/229.0/170
scarlet2507

Postby katesmom » August 6th, 2008, 5:59 am

Scarlet...Good Morning !
People that we consider most dear to us CAN and WILL make comments about your weight without even knowing it. They can also sabotage you, so be careful. All of a sudden they will appear with a fresh plate of home made cookies and say something like, "Oh sorry..I forgot you were dieting" and leave the plate in front of you ! All kinds of crazy things happen, especially when the weigt starts falling off and they (yes, our friends) may feel threatened and do or say wacky things !

BE STRONG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so psyched for you at being on plan for 2 weeks !! You go girl !

It does get easier, because you just do it each day, and don't think about it as much. It becomes routine...a good one I might add !

Have a great "losing" day ! :byebye:
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
katesmom

Postby nickieluv » August 6th, 2008, 8:57 am

I think anyone who says 'how could someone get that big without stopping themselves' has luckily never been in that position.

We lie to ourselves. Maybe lifelong thin people have some other vice they can compare it to - 'I'm not really in that much debt' as opposed to 'I'm not really that fat' or something like that.

I know that I, for a long time, did not own a working scale. When I had to buy bigger clothes, I would just buy maybe one pair of pants at a time, figuring it was just bloat and I'd be back to 'normal' size in no time. Or, this is my favorite, my clothes shrunk in the wash and manufacturer's changed their sizes since the last time I bought anything and THAT must be why I had to buy a bigger size. Because in the mirror, I see myself at around 180-190 always, no matter what size I really am, bigger or smaller. Pictures are the devil, because they show the truth whether you like it or not. So I avoid cameras at all costs. My before pictures still slap me in the face because I honestly thought I looked a heck of a lot better than that at my highest weight.

I'm not saying that getting fat is not my fault - but it sneaks up on you and people are really good universally at not seeing what they don't want to see. So please don't feel a lot of guilt or remorse at getting so big - you didn't do it on purpose, I'm sure, and it really does just get away from you when you are busy taking care of everyone and everything else except yourself. We are now on a path that includes putting ourselves first in some things, and that's important even when it's not about weight loss. I hope you still take time for yourself even with a busy schedule - time to read, garden, go for a drive and listen to tunes, whatever you like to do. It's not pampering, it's necessary for optimal functioning. A person who is a slave to everyone else, even voluntarily, is not able to be their best self. You end up cheating even the people you are trying to give yourself to, because they don't get 100% as you keep wearing yourself down.

Maybe this is just my own experience and you can't relate to any of it - but it seems to me that as we come together here to lose weight, we realize that we share a lot of the same reasons for getting fat in the first place. Forgive me if I've just gotten way off base, please. :oops:
nickieluv

Postby Mike » August 6th, 2008, 11:15 am

Some people who have never experienced the issue that we have really have no idea about them. We have an addiction. I've heard the same kinds of comments all of my life. Just as I have always wondered how someone can allow themselves to smoke, or drink, or do drugs, or whatever their addiction is. I realized that its all similar and I need to remember that myself.

I was doing an event and had my picture when I was at my highest weight and a guy came up and first congratulated me, then he asked a similar question.. how could I let myself get like that. I really didn't respond to him, because the reality is, he probably would never thoroughly understand.

Anyhow, hang in there, and keep at it.

;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby scarlet2507 » August 7th, 2008, 5:56 pm

Howdy MF folks (however few there may be this week!),

This morning was my 2 week weigh-in... not too shabby... 4.2 lbs, which is exactly half my first week loss! I'm pretty psyched because TOM was around, so yay for Medifast! Might start riding the exercise bike (5 minutes, at first, which is about 2.5 miles with the way I pedal), just to get myself ready for the heavier duty exercise.

Thanks for your earlier comments on weight. It's so true that most people have no idea they have really gotten out of control with eating. It's a sad thing, for sure, as I've been afflicted for probably 15 years, thinking I was fine. I definitely don't look in the mirror and see my DMV picture, that's for sure. Even regular pictures. I don't see that person in the mirror. And now, I'm trying to make sure that the mirror matches how I look and feel. Little by little, it will happen. :)

306.4/229.0/170
scarlet2507

Postby Michelle in NJ » August 9th, 2008, 7:39 pm

Hi Scarlet, :D

Just wanted to introduce myself as I see you're not too far away from me in good ol' Philly. I have been to Kansas City and they have BBQ joints galore, so if BBQ is a trigger food for you, stay strong!

I will probably be starting a journal myself as I am quite the chatterbox, so feel free to drop in! I'm fairly new to MF, just finishing my 11th day.

Take care,

Michelle in NJ
Michelle in NJ

Postby scarlet2507 » August 10th, 2008, 7:53 am

Okay guys, it's Sunday morning... I woke up so late today, don't know if it was the overcast skies that made it easy for me to sleep in or what. Now my MF diet is wacked out for the day... I figure I'll eat every 2 hours, 2 and a half hours, instead of close to 3 to get them all down. I'm not even hungry anymore, honestly. It's truly a gift.

I was lurking on the boards and came across Nickieluv's compulsive eating/shopping post, and thought, that's me too! I have a very compulsive attitude and behavior (maybe it's the Sagittarius in me). When I'm upset or sad, I shop. It truly makes me feel better. I have gotten better (probably because I was sick having to pay off credit cards the instant they come in... that's my promise to myself... if you can't pay it completely off, you can't buy it.) I haven't had a feeling to "cheat", which is a first on this diet... I think it's because you go through hell week, and I don't want to have to do it again! I feel so good, that I weighed myself this morning, and I'm down to 291.6. That means I'm almost 15 lbs lighter from when I started. Incredible. I'm not going to update my ticker until Thursday, because I want to do weekly weigh-ins, but I just felt light today! So I hopped on the wicked scale to see... I was definitely happy!!! :D

Hope everyone has a great day! :whoohoo:

306.4/229.0/170
scarlet2507

Postby nickieluv » August 10th, 2008, 9:03 am

Congratulations! It's so nice to feel lighter, no matter what the scale says - now that I'm getting serious here I'm looking forward to that feeling, too.
nickieluv

Postby Michelle in NJ » August 11th, 2008, 3:41 pm

Hey Scarlet,

I don't know where you are in Philly, but since we both love to shop (what woman DOESN'T?) we should get together and go window shopping in The Gallery or, better still, Franklin Mills. For those who don't know, Franklin Mills is a huuuuugggggeeee outlet mall on the outskirts of Philadelphia. Not only does it have a ton of cool stores, you are guaranteed to get your exercise in, that's for sure....you just have to resist the corn dogs and the other off-plan stuff they have in the food court.

Anyhoo, it's great to hear that you're doing well. 15 lbs. is incredible indeed.

:cheermed:

Michelle :mrgreen:
Michelle in NJ

Postby scarlet2507 » August 24th, 2008, 3:47 pm

Wow, I haven't been here in a while! :oops: Yikes! I have not been hiding, though! I've been MFing, and save a few goofs last weekend, I'm good. My goofs weren't cheats; they were skipping meals and water. Weekends are rough, especially when I'm out and about. But I do see that both water and MF meals are super important, and no more cutting it down just because I woke up late or want to go to bed earlier.

Now, this is my one month anniversary of Medifast. Wacky it's already been a month! As for my weight loss, drumroll please.... 20.4 pounds! 20.4 pounds that won't ever be on my body again! Yay for medifast! I'm in the 280's, which is where I was about a year and a half ago... I gained about 15-20 lbs in the past year because of stress and just pigging out. I'm back to where I was when I met my BF... very excited about that! I can almost pull my jeans down while still buttoned! Let me tell ya how good that feels? Not for the wallet, so I'm going to wait a while before I go into other clothes. I don't mind looking frumpy for a little longer!

I have to go to an IRS conference out of town for the next 3 days, and that will be a test to see how I can do without any real super duper schedule. I'm thinking I'm going to move to a 4 & 2 because breakfast, lunch, and dinner are provided by either the conference or my boss (who happens to be my biggest sabotager... or should I say trying to be my sabotager... I won't let him, though!) I made muffins to take for breakfast, and I'm just going to keep my cold drink packets on hand. Shouldn't be too difficult... and after having such an awesome month, I will not screw this up! I'll post the fascinating fun details when I come back (insert sarcasm when necessary).

Looks like it's been pretty quiet around here in these parts too. Hope everyone is doing well! :)

306.4/229.0/170
scarlet2507

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal