Scarlet2507

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby BiggerInTexas » July 24th, 2008, 6:53 am

Yay on getting started! You're on your way! WooHoo! :mrgreen:

I like to make up my soups/shakes/puddings for the next day the night before. It gives them time to get thicker and creamier.

After a while I got really burned out on the flavors. Then I found Capella flavor drops! They don't have any carbs - they're just flavoring. There are other brands - look around on the net and find the cheapest. I love to put Kahlua or Irish cream in the chocolate shakes; dolche le leche is my favorite in the vanilla shakes; and chocolate mint, butterfinger and cookies 'n cream are wonderful in the shakes. Sometimes I'll freeze the pudding and eat it as ice cream for my last meal of the day before bed. Yum! :)
BiggerInTexas
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby scarlet2507 » July 24th, 2008, 5:52 pm

Thanks so much for the tip, Brenda! I was super bloated after the first shake, more than likely because I gulped it down like I was in a race! :lol:

So I have one more meal to complete for the night... I have been known to not drink enough water or liquid ever, but today I've drank almost a full .5 liter water bottle with every meal. I've been peeing insanely!! I'm hoping to stop drinking soon, only because I go to bed and I don't want to be up all night long! I already have wacky sleep patterns!!

I find myself thinking more about the meals than I would think about real food, which I think is causing me to be more hungry than usual. I'm sure it will subside once I get into the routine of taking it. I have work tomorrow (I work Mondays, Tuesdays, and Fridays for our accounting firm in the off season) so we'll see how that goes!

Today my schedule looked like this:
9:00 shake
11:30 shake
2:30 cream of tomato soup
5:00 my first lean and green (I cooked half of what I would normally consume chicken-wise... I never saw how much I would eat!! and had some salad greens with fat-free italian dressing
8:00 shake

I'm thinking around 10:30 to do another meal...since it's so late, does anyone have any pointers as to what to have that late? I'm still in the mindset that eating late is terrible, and I don't want to mess it up! Could I eat an oatmeal that late? Or am I better with just a shake, because it's light? I normally go to bed around 11:30 or 12ish. Any suggestions would be great!

I've decided I'm not going to weigh myself but twice a week... I'm a scale hater, and definitely will obsess if not. So Thursdays and Sundays, I figure.

Also, as a sidenote, the BF brought home a 3pk gallon water box. The fact that even though he may think it's nuts, he's still being supportive enough to bring home some water that I most definitely need for this... it was sweet. :D

306.4/229.0/170
Started this MF journey on July 24, 2008!
scarlet2507
Regular Member - #40 Club

Postby Mike » July 24th, 2008, 7:22 pm

You are doing great. Don't forget to measure your lean and green... keep within its guidlines. As for the last product... its typical to worry about eating late, but you actually should have your last medimeal within an hour or so of getting to bed. We need to get in the nutrition that our body needs to repair itself while we sleep, and remember its 100 calories which will not turn into fat while we sleep.

You are off to a great start... keep at it.

One more thing.... one of the tickers I have found is at extrapounds DOT com... good site for the ticker. You can also create tickers on other tracking sites as well.

Good luck and hope to hear all about day 2.

;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby scarlet2507 » July 25th, 2008, 5:15 am

Morning two has arrived... and while I was up a couple times during the night peeing, all is well. Even though i promised myself I wouldn't weigh myself this morning, I did. Bad Rosie... haha. But I am 4 pounds lighter!!! I still can't comprehend that kind of loss, but I'm sitting here drinking a shake, even though my stomach feels full! i know it's not, because of the amount I ate yesterday, and I'm feeling a little nauseous this morning... but with that kind of loss, I'm definitely sticking with the program today to a tee as well!!

I'm taking Brenda's suggestion with drinking it with water, and that's helping. Maybe since my body isn't used to eating in the morning, that's why i'm having a little bit of an issue. No biggie, though. I'm packing up my packets for work, hopping in the shower, and heading off to work... just thought I'd check in!! Happy shakin'!!! :mrgreen:

306.4/229.0/170
scarlet2507

Postby scarlet2507 » July 25th, 2008, 5:18 am

i forgot to answer Mike in my last post... I did weigh the lean and green... I went out and bought a food scale (kinda unbelievable, because me and food scale just never matched before!!). It's just enlightening to see what I thought was a good portion, actually was about 2 or 3 times what we're allowed on the program!! Another question, too... i have been reading conflicting reports on carrots... can I have them with my salad or are they too starchy for now?

306.4/229.0/170
scarlet2507

Postby rodeomom » July 25th, 2008, 7:14 am

Hey there, that icky feeling will pass soon. Your body is just adjusting to the new plan. Your getting it though. Stay with it and you CAN NOT fail. I mean it - it is impossible to fail if you stick with the program.

As for carrots - even the little shredded ones in some premade salads are too much for the weightloss phase of the program. I usually get the spring mix premade salads. Those darker green leaves are better for you than the basic iceberg lettuce which is basically water.

Good luck for the day. You are rockin now!
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby scarlet2507 » July 26th, 2008, 6:11 am

Carrots are the enemy, check!! (Thanks again, Brenda! What would I do without you?)

So, I'm just starting day 3... not too shabby so far. Last night, I probably would have killed for bread, but I fought all urges for complex carbs! Yay! My BF has come around, and is pretty supportive. He ate what I had for dinner, which is good, because having to cook 2 meals is no good for me!! My brother and sister-in-law came down, and we had a little Medifast talk... I think they're about to do it!! It would help to have some buddies right in my house so that we can help each other through the hard days!! They tasted my last meal of the day, chicken noodle soup, and were pretty surprised that it didn't taste bad. Needless to say, I was surprised too! As I promised myself, I haven't weighed yet. Saving it for tomorrow. I'm more than a little sleepy, but I read that's to be expected... or it might be because I'm waking up 4 times a night to pee!! Haha! The things we must do to be healthy... I think once my body is used to that amount of liquid in my diet, all will regulate. I've never drank so much in my entire life! But I feel good!! :)

Hopefully I will be back later lurking, reading, and posting. Have a terrific weekend to all!! I'm just going to hang tight today, nothing really planned.

306.4/229.0/170
scarlet2507

Postby BiggerInTexas » July 26th, 2008, 7:24 pm

Can't wait to hear your scales report! :mrgreen: Let us know how it goes! You're doing so great! I'm so glad those close to you have come around and are sending great support your way!
BiggerInTexas

Mini Battle Defeated

Postby scarlet2507 » July 27th, 2008, 5:15 am

Hey guys,
I'm at the start of day 4... my day to weigh, which normally would be dreadful, but somehow, with medifast, I find it to be exciting. Something I want to get out of bed for, believe it or not! So, I plop down to the scale, and voila... 299.8!! I'm below 300lbs... words cannot describe how very happy I am! Yesterday was a bit of a struggle... day 3 led to headaches, very fatigued, and just blah. Honestly, how I normally feel any other day before MF minus the headaches! This morning I'm on cloud nine to be able to say I've gotten past that 300# mark... it's really been a weight on me, no pun intended. Yay for medifast!

306.4/229.0/170
scarlet2507

Postby katesmom » July 27th, 2008, 7:19 am

Hi Scarlet !
I too am tying to get below the 300 lb mark...I'm a little bit behind you...I started at 330 bs and no weigh 318 and have lost 12 lbs in two weeks !

Doesn't it feel great !

Let's support each other in our quest to get healthier !

Have a great week ! :D
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
Can't wait to WIN this race !!
katesmom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby BiggerInTexas » July 27th, 2008, 8:06 am

Yay, Scarlett! Great job, you deserve it! :mrgreen:
BiggerInTexas

Postby SharonR » July 27th, 2008, 5:13 pm

Congrats on getting below 300, I'm looking forward to that myself! You're doing great!
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

Postby scarlet2507 » July 28th, 2008, 6:27 am

Hey guys,
Day 5 has begun... was feeling pretty icky this morning. Not sure what it was, and definitely didn't want to eat anything, but I tried a cappuccino with coffee instead of water, and I feel a little better now! I think my body is still adjusting, obviously, and I'm not going to let a little nausea slow me down!

It's amazing how easy this fits my lifestyle... I just grab a pack of soup and a bar as I head out the door, and walk over to work! Piece of cake, for now! I'm hoping by not drinking the shakes during the day, if that will hurt me. I guess I'll see on Thursday when I weigh in, and if so, I'll make some adjustments!

Oh, and by the way, I got my sister-in-law to try it!! She got a coupon and decided to take the plunge and ordered last night. Bugger only needs to lose about 30 pounds, but our hope is that by the time the Lupus Loop rolls around (in October, an annual 5k walk my family does in honor of my mom), we'll be fitter and healthier. Not to mention, shock the rest of the family with our svelter figures! :-) Here's hoping!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful OP day, and I'll be back tonight to check in, I'm sure! I need this forum and journal more than I realized! :-) Thanks for being here! :)

306.4/229.0/170
scarlet2507

Postby BiggerInTexas » July 28th, 2008, 8:22 am

Yay, Scarlet! Congrats on staying on the plan!

I still have days where I feel nauseous in the morning. I don't know why that is. It usually goes away after my first MF meal and a bottle of water.

I really want to do a 5K next year, too! You're so brave - you've already got one on the calendar! Way to go!!
BiggerInTexas

Postby scarlet2507 » July 29th, 2008, 5:25 am

Thanks, Bigger! It's good to know that someone else gets nauseous from time to time... now, for my update, which might be TMI for some, but it's something I can read later on and look back on, right?

Yesterday morning was great, and towards the afternoon, I got such a burst of energy, I was so feeling so great after I ate my chicken soup and everything. Fast forward about an hour later... I started to feel bloated, like super bloated. I don't think I've ever felt so bloated. After a short period of time, it almost felt like the chicken soup was rising up my throat. I didn't feel nauseous, just really freakin' bloated. On my walk home from work (which is only about a 5min walk), it felt like it was growing, my stomach was extended and all. When I got home, I went to the bathroom and found myself dry heaving, but the weird part was I was full on burping in between heaves. Weird, right? Like these enormous burps were just coming out, mixed with a bit of stomach juice... i'm sorry i'm being graphic... I just want to know if this is normal. I felt better after that little episode, made sure I stayed on plan, and was fine physically the rest of the night, albeit a little tired and more cranky than usual.

I can't understand how the heck it happened, honestly. I did do two things differently yesterday, though. first, I had a cappuccino with coffee instead of the water (this coming from a girl who normally has a couple cups of coffee a day, so I thought no biggie) and at work, I mixed the chicken noodle with hot water from our automatic coffee maker thingy, with no microwaving. Should I have used cold water? Was the whole stomach episode to show me I should just follow directions? Haha! I don't know... any enlightenment would be great. As for now, if I have either one of those packets, I'm not messing with the directions, because I definitely don't want another episode like yesterday! Absolute terrible!

BUT.... today is a new day, and I'm OP as usual. I think today I might just do all shakes/drinks and my lean and green, and see how my body feels there.

Sorry for putting it all out there for you to see, but I'm curious to see if I'm just a freak of nature. :mrgreen: Thanks for listening, and hope everyone is doing well!

306.4/229.0/170
scarlet2507

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal