Scarlet2507

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby rodeomom » July 29th, 2008, 5:49 am

Having super amounts of gas as your stomach adjusts to the program is not unusual. You did nothing wrong by mixing your cap with coffee. I do that all the time and so does my mom. I also mix my soups with hot wated from the coffee pots at gas stations with no issues, so I don't thing that the preparation was the issue. You might want to get a bottle of Gas-X to have on hand just in case. Make sure you are getting all of the required water to flush out all those nasties that your body is releasing. That will help too.

Great job sticking to the plan! Keep up the good work. Did you get the PM I sent ya?

Have another great on plan day!
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby scarlet2507 » July 30th, 2008, 6:40 pm

Hey guys,
It's the eve before my first week weigh-in and i'm excitedly nervous for the morning! Just thought I'd check in and say I'm feeling good. Really good. Except for the whole gas problem, but I've bought everything under the sun to combat that, so I'm sure I'll feel fine.

I feel so confident about MF I placed another order... I can't believe I ordered a case of pudding (who does that, really?), but with pressure from outside sources (BF, brother, and sis-in-law who all want it now as their nighttime snack at least), I caved and bought a case, because seriously, I could totally eat 2 or 3 a day easy and not get bored. Maybe that's my fatness coming out, but it's my favorite. I got some flavor infusers too! I just thought it was hysterical to get a whole case of pudding, and know that the person on the other end of the order is probably chuckling! I needed to, because I make it, and everyone wants a taste... have to make them get their own!! :)

I'll let you know in the morning how I make out on the dreaded scale... yay!

306.4/229.0/170
Started this MF journey on July 24, 2008!
scarlet2507
Regular Member - #40 Club

Postby nickieluv » July 30th, 2008, 6:51 pm

Good luck tomorrow! That first week's weigh-in is really exciting, I'm sure you'll be pleased. Every week can be that much fun, if you just remember it's all progress toward your goal and each pound lost is one more you don't have to carry around any more!

Next Wednesday will be my first week weigh-in - hopefully I'll have at least one day on-plan out of the next six. :lol:
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby katesmom » July 30th, 2008, 7:59 pm

Hi Scarlet...
Don't fret...any loss is better than gaining, right? Most of this plan is psychological, literally...When I have been tempted, my real self talks to the old one and puts it to rest ! No, I'm not schizophrenic, just logical !

You will be fine ! I like the chocolate shakes and bars and thats all of the MF food I eat...I'm sure someone chuckles at that, but who cares ! I love both !

Good Luck ! :D
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
Can't wait to WIN this race !!
katesmom

Postby rodeomom » July 31st, 2008, 4:46 am

My whole plan consists of cold hot cocoa, capuccinno, choc and choc mint bars. Now that Diana has introduced me to diet root beer floats with vanilla pudding, I stick that in once in a while. That is the beauty of this program. Find what you like and eat it - any combination (except the bars) is perfectly OK.

You are doin SWELL!! Keep it up!
rodeomom

Postby nickieluv » July 31st, 2008, 4:51 am

I got so I was using nothing but chocolate RTDs and chocolate mint bars. Now that I have to use up my stash I'm forced back into variety but man, if I could afford it, that's all I'd be having now, too. I'm not good with choices. :)
nickieluv

Postby scarlet2507 » July 31st, 2008, 5:37 am

I don't know if I can afford it, Nickyluv, but my credit card says I can!! Haha! Thanks to everyone for not making me feel like a complete oaf for ordering a case of puddin'. I'm definitely a fan!

Now, for the big reveal... weighed myself this morning, and I'm in at 298! That means, in a week, I've lost 8.4 pounds! It's totally awesome! Granted, most of that water, so this next week should be fun to see what I'm really losing (even though it's going to be TOM time :( ) I'm not going to get discouraged if i don't see a loss this week because I've been doing some reading (shocking, i know... seems that I'll all do these days) and TOM can be a real drag on any real weight loss program, so I'm keeping that in mind! But I am still oh so excited that I'm under 300, and I'm feeling fab! Thanks so much for all your support, everyone! You are all so awesome!

306.4/229.0/170
scarlet2507

Postby nickieluv » July 31st, 2008, 6:12 am

Yay, out of the 300s forever!!!!! Those milestones feel great when you reach them. And you can tell everyone you did it by eating nothing but chocolate pudding every day. You'll start a new fad diet. :lol:

Ah, credit cards - sadly ours are maxed out (of course) or I'd be sorely tempted to rack up $1000 worth of RTDs. :-P
nickieluv

Postby Mike » July 31st, 2008, 10:08 am

nickieluv wrote:I got so I was using nothing but chocolate RTDs and chocolate mint bars.

I used to subsist on Caramel nut bar and Choc RTD. Now that they have the blueberry and cherry pomegranate shakes... I can have smoothies whenever I want. Yum yum.

;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby rodeomom » July 31st, 2008, 4:49 pm

:woohoo: for you girlfriend!!! Doesn't being under that 300 mark feel AMAZING!!?? I bet you get invited to the 10# club next week. Make sure you are drinking LOTS O water. That should help with TOM.
rodeomom

Postby katesmom » July 31st, 2008, 9:32 pm

Great Job Scarlet !!

Give yourself a NSV (Non-Scale Victory) prize...pedicure, manicure, haircut, massage, new book...Something that will make you feel good !!

I have been buying some nice lotion from bath and body works ...It makes me feel good !

August 1st is here !

Have a great "losing " month !! :D
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
Can't wait to WIN this race !!
katesmom

Postby scarlet2507 » August 1st, 2008, 7:13 am

So, I'm at work and not feeling very motivated to do any work since it's Friday... I decided to post. Things are really swell right now. I had my first NSV by seeing and feeling my wrist bone. You know, the bone that sorta sticks out... yeah, mine has been non-existant. I have a crazy water retention problem (because of my poor diet before, I'm sure), so to actually be able to feel it was awesome! Might not be so big, but I'll take it! My ankles were looking fabulous, then last night got a bit swollen, but I'm thinking that's because it's getting to be that time.

My case o' puddin' shipped out today, I believe, so I shouldn't be without it too much longer! And I'm so excited for my SIL. She only needs to lose 30lbs, but Wednesday was her first day. Yesterday, a sales rep came into her office with all kinds of Chick-Fil-A for the staff, and she didn't eat any of it! Which, if you knew Sammy, is a huge feat! She just went about eating her 'mater soup and enjoyed what she knows will pay off in the end. I feel like a proud den mother that she made such an awesome decision! Just thought I'd share that, too! There is goodness all around me these days!! :) I'm just so thankful for everyone who has continued to guide me through this process, and glad that I can pass on the lovely knowledge you have given me to other people! :)

306.4/229.0/170
scarlet2507

Postby Diana » August 1st, 2008, 10:29 am

Yea for wrist bones!!!

I absolutely cracked up when Mike read me your post about the case o' puddin! While I didn't order an entire case for my second month, don't think it didn't cross my mind! When my Health Coach called to help me put together my meals for Month 2, here's pretty much how the conversation went:

HC: So, which of the meals did you really like?
Me: The chocolate pudding!
HC: Great! So, 2 boxes?
Me: That's all?? I'll run out!
HC: 3 boxes?
Me: What?? At least!
HC: Ok, what else did you like?
(silence)
HC: Did you like any of the other meals.
Me (hesitantly): Not as much as the chocolate pudding. . .
HC: So, what do you want to eat next month?
Me (duh! hello??): chocolate pudding!
HC: Ok, you should have at least 3 shakes a day [that was the recommended protocol back then]
Me: ok, chocolate shakes and chocolate pudding
(pause)
HC: that's all you want?
Me (drooling at the vision of rolling in MF chocolate pudding): yep!

In the end, I ordered some other things, and I didn't quite make it all the way through all the chocolate pudding I ordered. I can SO TOTALLY RELATE to getting an entire case of it! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby Mike » August 1st, 2008, 3:05 pm

:roflmao: :laughlaugh: :roflmao: :laughlaugh: :roflmao: :laughlaugh: :roflmao: :laughlaugh: :roflmao:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby scarlet2507 » August 2nd, 2008, 5:32 am

Thanks, Diana, for the laugh! I needed that! At least I'm not the only one that likes the puddin'! And it came yesterday!! There are definitely days I like living in Philly (especially given that MF products ship from MD... yay for the East Coast!)

So, I peeked on the scale this morning... I got a new fancy shmancy scale (at least I think it is, but it was on sale, so I justified), and I felt as though it was calling to me... haha. I hopped on, expecting not much because of everything that's going on with my bod, but lo and behold, it's down to 296.4... I almost died... that's 10lbs gone forever. I'm not updating my ticker until tomorrow, though... I'm keeping that for Sundays!

Well, I'm off to have one of my drinks from the summer splash package... I absolutely love all of them, which is weird, considering I hear most people don't enjoy them. I guess it's all a matter of preference, and I'm just happy I like them!

Have a fabulous OP day, everyone! Hope all is well!

306.4/229.0/170
scarlet2507

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal