Salmon okay to eat?

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Salmon okay to eat?

Postby TamiL » February 10th, 2004, 5:52 pm

Hey my fellow shakin buddies...

Well today is one week for me...and I just ate my first MEAL...I have been following the full plan (5-6 Medifast products a day) and today decided to EAT something real..and let me tell ya...Broccoli and Salmon never tasted soooo good! Salmon is my favorite fish..and I just realized how HIGH in calories and FAT it is!! I bought a bag of Frozen Fillet's a while back from SAMS and each serving says its 6oz. 272 calories..and 12 grams of fat...however..I know Salmon contains GOOD fats!! but I was just making sure this is okay to have as a LEAN meal???

also..another question. The fillets are individually wrapped...its says on the bag they are 6oz...but after you cook them, I weighed the peice and it came up as only 4.5 ounces? do you weigh your meat AFTER its cooked???? or before??? :?: :?:

anyhoo..my meal was great...I put some Cajon spice and Lemon on the fish and just steamed 1 1/2 cups of broccoli..and my gosh...I am sooooo full right now!! but it was the best meal EVER!! I just felt the need for FOOD today..and decided to eat a LEAN/GREEN meal, Ill probably do that when I feel the urge for real food!! :-P

I hope you all are doing well!! hang in there..keep shakin...we are all a day closer to being where we want to be!! ;)

hugs
Tami
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » February 11th, 2004, 11:36 am

Hi Tami,
Salmon is a little fattier than other fish, but still ok for the lean. You should peel off the skin though, as this is where alot of the fat is. Go by cooked weight for calculating the weight.

You do want to be careful adding fats after being on the full fast for an extended period. This can "sludge" up your gall bladder that's been on holidays for a while and cause problems. If you're having regular modified meals, there's no problem of this. That's one reason that the modified is recommended over the full fast, whenever possible.

Enjoy your lean/green,
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

fishy

Postby TamiL » February 11th, 2004, 1:50 pm

Thanks Unca Tim....that makes me happy..cuz I love Salmon!! :)
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Return to Weight Loss