salmon

Add your favorite recipes.

salmon

Postby tumbleweed » May 12th, 2005, 5:54 am

Hi all, I have been craving salmon patties and I am wondering if anyone out there has a way to make them without using bread crumbs or cracker crumbs. any ideas? Thanks :bib:
tumbleweed
Trusted Member - #100 Club

Postby want2Bthin » May 12th, 2005, 12:09 pm

tumbleweed-

Maybe you could use the Medifast crackers in them.

Angelia :D
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby bk » May 12th, 2005, 12:35 pm

If you have a trader joe's near you, they sell salmon burgers, which i am pretty sure are 100% salmon. Or maybe it's tuna. Not sure, because I'm not a fish eater. Just a thought!

Anyways, my best tip would be to make them in muffin pans. they should stay together better that way. If you make a bunch (maybe for your family) you could put one egg in with the whole big can of salmon and that would keep everything together for you. figure out the egg portion of the lean & green (like if you would be eating 1/4 egg and you can have 2 eggs that = 1/8 of your lean). So then you can eat 7/8 of fish (6 oz??) and you can have 5.25 oz of fish. Or egg substitute or whatever (may be easier b/c then you could just measure out exactly what you could have). I would chop up some bell peppers and mix it in and spray the muffin tins with pam and bake for about 25 minutes on lowish heat (325 or so). the outsides will get crispy this way and hopefully keep the whole thing together.

hopefully this will give you some ideas - but don't use my calculations as gospel. i didn't look up how much you can have.
bk
Preferred Member - #50 Club

tumbleweed

Postby tumbleweed » May 12th, 2005, 5:33 pm

Thank you guys for the ideas, I cant wait to try them both!! :D
tumbleweed

Postby Nancy » May 12th, 2005, 10:44 pm

BK ~

What a great idea! You are very smart!

FYI ~

We bought some salmon burgers at Costco last week

Here's the skinny on them:

Trident Premium Alaskan Salmon Burgers

a 4 ounce burger has
180 calories
23 grams protein
0 carbs
10 g fat

I dunno how they taste, we haven't had them yet...a little high in fat. When I have one, I won't be having salad dressing on my salad...the calories and carbs would be fine for the Lean and Green.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

tumbleweed

Postby tumbleweed » May 13th, 2005, 5:53 am

Thanks Nancy for the info on the salmon! WOW on the fat in them I will ration out the salmon and just have it once in a while until I reach maintenance. I just love how I am craving healthy foods now when 4 months ago I was craving fatty fast foods, life is so much better now! :yay:
tumbleweed

Postby Nancy » May 13th, 2005, 8:30 am

Tumbleweed ~

The particular brand of salmon burgers that we bought DOES have some canola oil listed in the ingredients and because the fat content is a bit higher than what we usually eat, we may not have them very often but we thought we would give them a try for the times when we are in a hurry or don't want to buy a large chunk of fresh salmon.

We do love salmon and have it about once a week. We bought a nice filet last weekend and grilled it for Mother's Day. I usually just put a lemon and pepper rub on it and Terry fires up the barby and grills it. We like it hot off the grill or served cold on a bed of Romaine lettuce.

We eat chicken most days and we also enjoy boiled or grilled shrimp, tilapia and every couple of weeks we have grilled :bib: chorkpops.

I agree with you regarding how food choices have changed since we’ve Medifasted. We have learned to really :heart: love the taste of many foods we avoided before or only ate dipped in batter, fried and then smothered in mayo based sauces.

Thin feels a lot better than eating those :twisted: fatty foods, eh?

Fat = fat!
;)
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Lean Cuisine