To eat.... Or not to eat.... That is the question!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

To eat.... Or not to eat.... That is the question!

Postby THINKTHIN » March 10th, 2005, 7:23 pm

Today has been an absolute medifabulous day for me! I had the day off, finally. So, It was extremely easy for me to stay on plan today. It was great.

After I picked up my children from the sitters they immediately fell into the daily plan of suggesting we go to McDonalds for dinner. I was quick to shut that down and insist we go to a steakhouse instead. I ate a small sirloin steak and some grilled shrimp. Not exactly 4-5oz of meat, It was more like 8oz. :chef: I had balsamic vinegrette on my salad (no carrots) and cauliflower and broccoli for my side! I DID NOT EVEN SNATCH A FRENCH FRY from my childrens plates tonight! I am just tickled about that situation. It is so so so so hard for me while eating with the children. My three year old sat next to me devouring her carb filled plate and politely offered me some of her fries. Now, we have come a very long way together. You see, I would always grab some of their food and scarf it down like it was the last supper! I can still visualize their angry looks at me from stealing some of their food. And boy, could I snatch their food fast too! But tonight, I couldn't do it! I just could not eat her food! I have never been in the situation of them asking me if I wanted some of their food. I never gave them a chance to ask me before. I just took it! So, I have really learned some great things from this forum.. I will not finish their leftovers anymore!!!! :mrgreen:

well, enough rambling for me..... Happy losing!

Think thin!
THINKTHIN
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby kassilou » March 10th, 2005, 11:02 pm

What a nice benefit you discovered! Good going!

My 4yo hates me being on this diet. She is always offering me something and doesn't like that I never take anything. Today we went to Great Harvest to get some bread for a get-together tonight, and of course each of the kids got a free sample...a whole piece each, plus part of a cookie, and then my son had yet another piece. I just sat there with them while they ate. :( Italian cheese bread...smelled so very good. Didn't bother me as much as I thought it would, tho.

Anyway, being around the kids and their food is not easy, so you did great. Keep it up! :mrgreen:
To lengthen thy life, lessen thy meals.
~Ben Franklin
kassilou
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby raederle » March 11th, 2005, 6:46 am

Congrats Teisha and Kassilou! Eating out is *hard*!!!! I used to always finish my husband's fries (and would sample the rest of his food "to make sure it's okay..."), so I know whatcha mean! It's a real accomplishment for both of you to have been out in the real world with tough temptations, and you made smart choices. Great job, ladies!!! :mrgreen:
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle

Postby doglover » March 11th, 2005, 8:55 am

GREAT job gals! I have 2 kids and although they have really great eating habits, I have been around some temptations too! Good work resisting! Don't you just feel so strong! I am woman, hear me roar!!1 :thumbup:
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby scrabbler7 » March 11th, 2005, 9:03 am

Quite an accomplishment for both of you! I can empathize with everything you have felt.

Kassilou - I had the same situation with my 5 yo always asking me why why why. So I found a new way to deal with his offering me food - if he offers me some of his food or a snack I just tell him that I don't think I'll have that right now - maybe later. He accepts that much more easily than a straight NO or a "mommy can't have that". He would also ask me all they time why I wasn't eating what he was eating - in the beginning we would go into these huge conversations and he always still wanted to know why. So now I've started telling him that I'm eating differently because mommy wants to be healthy. He is very accepting of this. He has even started saying he is hungry but he wants to eat something healthy!!!

You can turn this into a positive for the whole family!
scrabbler7

Postby THINKTHIN » March 11th, 2005, 4:04 pm

I"m so glad there are others out there!!! I didn't want to think I was the only "french fry bandit"!!

Happy losing~

Tiesha
THINKTHIN

Return to The Weight Room