What to eat

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

What to eat

Postby jennc » December 14th, 2003, 2:36 pm

Hello I have been on the 5 and 1 for 6 days. I have lost a total of 12 lbs.
I have 66 more lbs to go. I am interested to find out what other people eat for a meal. I usually have a piece of protein and veggie.

A few questions about what I can and cannot have
Any Carbs?
Any nuts?
Salad dressings - do they have to be fat free?
Eggs?
Bacon?

If I make a stew - beef, carrots, potatoes, tomato sauce - Can I eat everything except potatoes?

Home made chicken soup?

Any help would be great! Also, how long does it take for your body adjust to the shakes? I find myself in the bathroom after I drink the shake. :oops: Anyone else get like this?

Thanks
jennc

Postby Jeanette » December 14th, 2003, 6:11 pm

Hey Jennc:

I'd stick with the lean-n-green and not deviate too much. Remember the calories are as important as carbs or fat.

RE: going potty with the shakes: it took me about two weeks to really adjust to it. With me increasing my water intake as well, I spend LOTS of time on the potty! but don't worry--it gets better!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

The Potty? (laughing)

Postby explorthis » December 15th, 2003, 3:16 pm

jennc wrote:
I find myself in the bathroom after I drink the shake. Anyone else get like this?

Jeanette wrote:RE: going potty with the shakes: it took me about two weeks to really adjust to it. With me increasing my water intake as well, I spend LOTS of time on the potty! but don't worry--it gets better!

Jeanette, What toilet did you fall off of? It gets better? When? I am wearing out my zipper on every pair of pants... I pee like a race horse many times a day... When does it get better? I am getting ready to install a portable tube.... Well, you get the picture (unless the "bathroom talk" meant from the uh... cough, cough, other end... ?!?!)

-Mike
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Jeanette » December 15th, 2003, 3:37 pm

Mikey:

What I meant was...you still PEE....but you don't POO as much.

See, I speak female...you obviously don't! ;)
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby LUVZHUZKYZ » January 4th, 2004, 3:13 pm

:
I would keep meals simple and 'clean'. Lean protein, veggies, salads with a fat free dressing.
A friend of mine ate a Lean cruisene at dinner and still lost tons of weight. I think it depends on the person.
kEEP SHAKIN~ LUVZ
197.5/195/130
Female; 5' 2''
muscular ex dancer 41yo
One single step begins a journey~
LUVZHUZKYZ

Postby Unca_Tim » January 4th, 2004, 11:25 pm

Hi Jenn,
Yes, Luvz is right. Try to keep meals simple. Lean meat and a salad. If you get too complex and start adding this and that, you'll knock yourself out of ketosis and be suffering from hunger all the time.

It may be quite a battle for a few days, but if you give the plan a chance, you'll find you'll settle into it as your body adjusts and begins burning fat.

Keep us posted,
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby LUVZHUZKYZ » January 6th, 2004, 9:15 am

:x
Speaking of meals..
I have decided to do the full fast. A few extra peices of chicken here and there, exta veggies; My habit of stuffing my face is still there. I think without the option of food, I can remove all temptation and start anew once I have lost the 63 pounds I need to lose.
kEEP SHAKIN~ LUVZ
197.5/195/130
Female; 5' 2''
muscular ex dancer 41yo
One single step begins a journey~
LUVZHUZKYZ

Return to Weight Loss