Want to eat!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Want to eat!

Postby LeeannNH » June 5th, 2005, 9:46 am

hi everyone

HELP!

im having a "want-to-eat-everything-in-the-fridge" moment. :( i havent done anything yet and decided to come here to vent.

what do i do? im trying to keep busy but i am having a hard time today. im having that feeling of "if i eat just today, i can restart MF tomorrow." can you say DISASTER!

i KNOW i dont want to fall off the wagon because in all of my past experiences with weight loss, once i cheat once, i continue to cheat. its like i cant stop. the excuses just continue to roll in until the weight is back plus more and im back in the rut of trying to start again.

i DONT WANT to eat, i want to push through this...can i do it is the question. what do you guys to do keep motivated in moments like this, as i assume we all go through this on occassion?

thanks for listening and i can tell i will be white-knuckling today :shock:

leeann
Starting weight on Nov. 3, 2008: 220 | Present weight: 220 | Goal: 135
LeeannNH
Trusted Member

Postby Emma » June 5th, 2005, 10:22 am

Hi Leeann:

You came to the right place - keep reading posts, especially the roll call today. What about drinking a tall glass of flavored water - or water with a lemon slice in it? How about doing your nails? Shopping helps me (but not my wallet ;) ).

You can get thru it - just think how great you'll feel that you DIDN'T cheat.

emma
Started MF: 5/18/05
5'10"

Emma
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby 24KaratGold » June 5th, 2005, 10:47 am

Get out of the house!

Go for a walk, or a drive, or go shopping, or something. Is there a museum nearby that's open today? Go spend an hour there walking around. You won't be able to eat in the museum, and it will get you away from the fridge.

Have a cup of hot tea, or bouillon, or a pickle, or celery, or something.

Good luck! Hang in there -- you CAN do this!
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby DonicaB » June 5th, 2005, 11:34 am

Excellent ideas 24K. :thumbsup:

LeeAnn~if you can't get out of the house, find a closet that needs cleaning or go clean out the garage. If you don't have any messy closets or a dirty garage, feel free to drive to Missouri, I have lots of stuff I could keep you busy with. :devious:

DonicaB :yeah:
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby LeeannNH » June 5th, 2005, 11:40 am

donicab and 24k

thanks for the ideas. i made it through to my shake and am so proud of myself. i loved your ideas and yes donicab i have a very messy hall closet that needs some love!

24k i went out and worked in my garden for like an hour and that helped
:D

you guys are wonderfully supportive....thank you for your encouragement. i know that i will use these ideas to get through the rest of the day

leeann :mrgreen:
LeeannNH
Trusted Member

Postby victoria7 » June 5th, 2005, 1:41 pm

I had one of the moments yesterday... I looked at clothing on the internet... :-) Found a two-peice bathing suit that I loved & know that if I stick to the program, I'll be able to wear it next year!!! I have the bathing suit bookmarked! :-D
victoria7
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby fedup » June 5th, 2005, 5:16 pm

Must be something in the air today! I'm having some challenges now too! Today is day 5 for me... was okay early on but last few hours I've been having to push every food thought in the world out of my head! I think it's cause I'm in the house all by my self... but, I have not cheated! I still have 1 more shake in about an hour. If I need it I'll have bouillon. I'm not even hungry, the darn food is just "calling" me.... Oh well, I guess sooner or later it'll figure out that nobody's home to answer!! ;)
Christy 5'5" age-34
Fresh start: Sept. 15, 2005 (240/ 240/ 160)
"Time to 'release the butterfly' inside
fedup
Trusted Member

Postby LeeannNH » June 5th, 2005, 5:22 pm

hey christy

i hear ya girl! im glad you stayed strong--i too have pushed through it. being alone at home is really hard when im trying not to pig out :grin:

i have 1 shake left myself and i so proud i made it through one more day. there is nothing better than waking up and not feeling guilty.

im glad you posted-----together we can do this! (btw-i found the first full week hard while others talk about the first 3 days--i know you can do it!!)

leeann ;)
LeeannNH
Trusted Member

Postby LuzInIt » June 5th, 2005, 6:07 pm

Hey LeeAnn & Christy - Hang in there ladies, you'll be fine. I breezed through the first three days - my challenge came on days 8-9 :x . I looked back in my journal and here's what I said:

"Feeling bad, weak, tired (discouraged?), want to eat. Is there really a nasty taste in my mouth? Kept me from drinking all the water I need. HANG IN THERE!"

And guess what. I did (no small thanks to this forum and those who went before me). Next thing I knew, I was weeks into the program, and it kept getting easier all the time! Today is day 76 for me and I've lost nearly 50 pounds. I don't even think about the passing of time anymore. MF has become so much a part of my life. And the other incredible thing is, I'm lovin' it more all the time. Be strong ladies, follow all the good advice here and we'll all be making our goals - maybe for the first time in our lives :D
Linda - Started MF 3/22/05

340/328/210/150
130 Pounds Gone For Good -
Thank you Medifast!
LuzInIt
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby suzyq » June 5th, 2005, 6:53 pm

I think Sundays are going to be the worst for me! We had company - did great while they were here - had my lean and green for lunch, happily skipped dessert and drank water like crazy. After everyone was gone I started picking on watermelon - not the worst choice but it ruined my momentum! So my 9 year old and I decided to work out which helped. And now I am here to be sure I don't "pick" some more. On other days some celery or a pickle have helped. Just keep thinking of the goal!
"Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."

restart 6/5/08
suzyq
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby want2Bthin » June 5th, 2005, 7:32 pm

LeeAnnNH-

YOU GO GIRL!!! You did it- you stayed strong and overcame the potential binge!! I bet you feel great for that!! I am proud of you!

Angelia :mrgreen:
want2Bthin

Postby martha » June 6th, 2005, 8:20 am

susyq-- I think sundays are going to be hard for most of us.. i cook for at least 15 people on sundays.. really large meals with dessert and its hard to get everything seasoned right and all. realized that just tasting everything over and over adds up really fast sooo i taste and spit it out-its helped so far.. sometimes i feel like everyone is hoping I fall off this wagon again.. they seem to be pushing a little more than usual for me to eat with them but so far so good..
Leeann- GOOD for you to not fall off your wagon and keep hanging strong.. YOU WILL DO IT!!!!!! :lol: Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby LeeannNH » June 6th, 2005, 9:15 am

hey guys!

i am extra proud to report that i indeed made it through late last night and when i woke up this morning...i felt like a million bucks! :mrgreen: i think that feeling is what i need to remember most of all----if i had eaten it would have been a brief moment of pleasure, then a downward spiral of self-loathing :(

angelia: thanks for the cheer! you go too girl! i hope you are doing well this week!

luzinit: i really like your idea of looking back in your journal. i think this is good to do when you are doing well like you obviously are! you are inspiring me like crazy! i agree with you about the forum. its folks like you that make this place a success...thanks for sharing your experience and giving me hope.

martha and i hear you on the sunday feast drama! luckily my sundays feasts are reserved for patriots games. however saturday nights are the toughest. it must be hard for you guys having to cook for so many folks especially when they are aware of your weight challenges. unfortunately i do think some folks like to see us fail but for the most part i think our families/close friends just want what is best and are probably worried we will fail more than wanting us to. just turn that negative energy into fuel for your motivation! my husband has seen me lose before over and over and i know he is skeptical but supportive. he doesnt want to see me broken-hearted again.

suzyq: that is amazing that you are now seeing watermelon as a "cheat" food. i know its off plan but i cant help but find that WILD-considering what "cheat" may have meant for you before mf. i dont know about you but sweet baked goods would have been a cheat before and watermelon would have been healthy! :mrgreen: i think that has to mean that something positive is going on here!

victoria7: what an AWESOME idea! i wouldnt dare show myself in a swimsuit now. i would have to wear one with a skirt or something and feel like a jerk-o! it will be cool to have that bookmarked and used as a solid inspiration thanks for the COOL idea 8)

everyone have a great day!
i have to get some work done :mrgreen:
LeeannNH
Trusted Member

Postby suzyq » June 6th, 2005, 10:25 am

Ok Leeann, I first must say PATRIOTS ROCK!!!

:goteam:

The game feasts will be a challenge this fall for me too but hopefully everyone will be encouraging not discouraging me! I'm trying not to put "degrees" on cheating although it is hard to look at watermelon as a bad thing!

Martha - We will have to keep encouraging each other through those Sundays! (not sundaes! :lol: )

Susanne (SuzyQ)
"Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."

restart 6/5/08
suzyq

Postby martha » June 6th, 2005, 10:43 am

Susyq- Thanks-- I need all the encouraging I can get.. but I know with this fine group of MF friends that I will continue to get alot of help with this battle of the bulge.. :lol: :lol: Thanks again--Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to Come on in.