Rodeomom

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby BiggerInTexas » August 21st, 2008, 10:23 am

Hey, Girl, what have you been up to? Where ya been?
BiggerInTexas
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby dede4wd » August 21st, 2008, 6:36 pm

Just checking in and saying hi!
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby katesmom » August 23rd, 2008, 5:01 am

Brenda ..Brenda...Oh where is Brenda?????????
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
Can't wait to WIN this race !!
katesmom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby rodeomom » August 25th, 2008, 6:48 am

Hey all. I am here, sorta...

My world has been in a tailspin the last couple of weeks. My dog, Tucker, killed one of the barn kittens which set my dad off. He ordered me to get rid of Tucker or he was going to kill him. He meant it. I did find him a new home, but I miss him horribly.

I have tried to stay on plan, but blew it this weekend. Day one, take 27....

Thank you to all who have stopped by to check in on me. Knowing that I am missed means more than you can know.

To answer those who have requested pricing on my quilts; if I choose the overall pattern and purchase the fabrics I charge the following...
Crib - $30
Lap/Couch Throw (same as Tex's) - $50
Twin - $75 +
Full/Queen - $150 +
King/California King - $200 +
Matching Pillow Shams - $15 each

I require 1/2 down as a deposit which allows me to purchase the supplies. The rest will be due when the quilt is complete and ready to ship. Obviously prices will differ depending on fabric pricing, difficulty of the pattern (if chosen by you), and degree of quilting desired. I machine quilt everything. You can save some money if you want the quilt "tied off" instead of quilted. Contact me for specific pricing if you have your own fabric. I check my emails more often than I am on the board. I have a yahoo email account rodeomom426.....

Erica's quilt that we all voted on in another forum was to be a King size. It is a rather complex pattern, but I had quoted her $200 for it. If you are still around, Erica, I can finish it whenever you are ready. All I need is your final design choice and the balance due.
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Karli » August 25th, 2008, 7:12 am

Hi, Rodeomom,

Let's make day #1, take 27 the final one ! Sorry about your dog, that seems pretty rash on your dad's part, but at least you were able to find him somewhere he can be. I have a doggy and I understand that would be really difficult !

Cheers !
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby rodeomom » August 25th, 2008, 7:55 am

Thanks for stopping by Karli. I can do this - I know I can!! I was compliant for 4 months last fall and lost a pound a day... I CAN and I WILL. One shake at a time....
rodeomom

Postby BiggerInTexas » August 25th, 2008, 8:59 am

Hi! Hi! Hi! Welcome back! I miss you!

I'm so sorry about Tucker. I can't imagine losing any of my zoo. It would break my heart. I'm so glad you were able to find him a home.

Just jump right back on the MF track! I've just been back one week now. I weighed today, and I'm 2lbs up from before surgery. So I probably gained quite a bit more but it's been coming off this past week. It feels really good to be back. I know it'll make you feel good, too! Feel like you've gotten things back under control. Having control in one area always makes it seem like the other areas are do-able, too. :D

Have you been to see Earl? This week is my first week back on the exercise track. It was harder to get back to it than I thought it would be! Much harder than getting back to MF.

Is your daughter ready to head back to school? Is she a senior this year?
BiggerInTexas

Postby rodeomom » August 25th, 2008, 12:46 pm

Hey Tex! Yea, I saw Earl on Thursday in addition to getting back to my "work conditioning" program for my ankle on Friday. Needless to say, I was super duper sore all weekend. The work conditioning is a full body work-out for 2 hours 3 times a week. I have no choice if I want to continue to get my BWC payments. In fact I just got back from my second session with them today.

Deanna started her senior year on Wednesday last week. Another reason I was throwing myself a pity party. I am not ready for her to be grown up.

Tucker has a good home. I know the lady that I gave him to, in fact she is one of my mom's clients. She had lost her silky terrier a few months ago and never did find her. Tucker has settled in to their home well and has become her son's dog when he is home from school. The cool thing is that it appears that Tucker, like her other silky, has a 6th sense about him and is able to detect when she is going into a seizure. She said that he actually sits on her - yes ON her- and won't let anyone near her until she is "safe". I know that God had this planned the whole time, but it doesn't make losing my buddy any easier.
rodeomom

Postby BiggerInTexas » August 25th, 2008, 2:45 pm

I'm so, so sad he's not with you! But you can absolutely see God working - he couldn't have been matched up any more perfectly!

Good for you on the exercise! You are so consistent. I aim to be like you!

Wow, Deanna a senior. Senior year was so much fun. It seems like a life-time ago. You still have a whole year together! And who knows, maybe she'll end up near by you after high school!

Did you try the cranberry shakes? Whaddaya think?
BiggerInTexas

Postby rodeomom » August 26th, 2008, 4:49 pm

Oh, get this, Tex. I was off plan when those shakes came. I put them in the Medigrub cupboard and when I went to try one the other day I discovered that my mother had already used them ALL. I guess that is what I get for being off plan, eh? Mom said I didn't miss much. According to her they tasted kinda Pepto Bismol ish. My question was then "Why the heck did she use ALL of them?" Did she think they were going to get any better? Oh well.

My PT appointments are set for MWF 1pm-3pm and are completely non-optional. In a way the fact that I HAVE to go to them is good for me, but I hate when someone tells me I HAVE to do anything. Its a control thing. Anyway, I do a full body work-out in PT including 30 minutes of cardio, 30 minutes in the pool and pretty much an hour of weights. What is kinda worrisome is that the 2 hour time frame is a starting point - yea, the appointments get longer from here. :shock: I'm thinking I should look pretty good when I am finished - if it doesn't kill me first.

On my off days I am going to try to get to the gym for some sort of cardio or weights. I really want to clean the junk out of the trunk and slim up my bat wings so those are my target points at the gym and with Earl on Thursdays.

I am considering going back to a 5 and 2 since I am required to do such hefty work-outs 3 times a week. Even if I go 5 & 2 on those days and 5 & 1 on the off days. Still trying to figure that all out.
rodeomom

Postby BiggerInTexas » August 27th, 2008, 11:08 am

LOL on the shakes - you really didn't miss anything! I had such high hopes for them!

Dang, girl, it's like you're in exercise boot camp. You might as well be on The Biggest Loser with that schedule! And then there'd be a prize at the end! Well, there is a prize - you're gonna be Hot RodeoMom!

You know, I think the 4 & 2 might the right way to go! I know you've struggled with compliance (as have we all!) On the 4 & 2, not only will you be getting more fuel for those mega work-outs, it'll keep you from going into starvation mode - and it might help you feel less deprived, too! And your MF supplements will go farther!
BiggerInTexas

Postby rodeomom » August 27th, 2008, 5:34 pm

4 & 2 might be a good idea once I get into the real swing of things, but I am really thinking that extra supplement in a 5 & 2 might be helpful. I know that I am easily burning more than 500 on the cardio machines alone. I just want all of this exercise to count for something. Can you even imagine getting through all of the required PT appointments without any changes in my body? That would just plain S-T-I-N-K!!!

Today's PT felt pretty good. The eliptical machine is new to me, but I really liked it. With the wound on my heal from the last surgery still healing, I am finding walking rather OUCHY. The eliptical was much less painful. I did a 30 minute pool workout, 15 min on the eliptical, an hour on weights and specific exercises for the ankle, then 15 on the bike. If I could have been as successful with TSFL, all would have been GRAND.

Welp - time to get some sewing done. I am working on a quilt that I am pretty excited about and I can't to see it finished. Then I gotta figure out what I am going to do with it. ???
rodeomom

Postby BiggerInTexas » August 28th, 2008, 11:16 am

Hello, My Sista!

I'm so happy to see you checkin' in more often!

I LOVE the elliptical machine. And in the same amount of time, it burns more calories than the treadmill! And no achy joints!

You'll have to post pics of your quilt as it comes together! I can't wait to see it. You're so creative!
BiggerInTexas

Postby rodeomom » August 29th, 2008, 1:53 pm

OMG! :shock: I am now convinced that Earl is trying to kill me (slowly and painfully). We had a great upper body and ab work out yesterday and he really pushed me to the limit. Feeding the horses this morning was way more difficult than it should have been. :? My arms feel like rubber, but I know that it will all be worth it when I can wave hi to someone and not feel a pound of fat flopping under my upper arm YUCK!!!

The quilt is coming along. It goes together differently than I am used to so progress is slow. I can't wait until I have it far enough to get some photos.

Not much more to report really. Struggling on the nutrition front (I don't want to call it a diet), but working things out - I think.
rodeomom

Postby BiggerInTexas » August 30th, 2008, 2:15 pm

LOL! I'm so proud of you! I aspire to have your commitment to exercise!
BiggerInTexas

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal