Rodeomom

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby BiggerInTexas » July 22nd, 2008, 8:04 am

It should be a Lifetime Movie, dontcha think? :lol: Now we just need her prince to come riding in on a horse and sweep her off her PT-rehabbed feet! :mrgreen:

I bet you and Deanna are making up for lost time! I'm so happy you have her back home!
BiggerInTexas
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby DogMa » July 22nd, 2008, 8:18 am

BiggerInTexas wrote:It should be a Lifetime Movie, dontcha think? :lol: Now we just need her prince to come riding in on a horse and sweep her off her PT-rehabbed feet!

I'm thinking that's Earl. Not a very Lifetime-y name, but maybe we could call him Brock or Rafe or something.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby BiggerInTexas » July 22nd, 2008, 9:12 am

LOLOL!!! You pegged it! Awesome! Ok, Bren, you gotta post pics of Brock now! :mrgreen:
BiggerInTexas

Postby rodeomom » July 22nd, 2008, 2:35 pm

You guys are just too funny. :roflmao: Thanks for the laugh. Deanna and I spent the whole day together today and I must say I was in pure heaven! I missed her so much and it was good to hear that she missed home too. She was so surprised at Baby Scout's new trick. It was so cool to see her face when he bowed for her.

Today was a lower body workout with Earl and it felt really good. After the weights and some basic floor work I hit the treadmill for 30 minutes. The right ankle and right calf are kinda seizing up today. Not sure what that is all about. It really doesn't hurt hurt, it is more like a stretching kind of hurt. Basically annoying, really. For the time being I am out of PT since I got put on a Medical Suspension for the minor surgery to my heal to remove the pin. I am thinking it is kind of ironic to be put on a medical hold from my disability??? Doesn't matter to me though because they are still going to pay me the same amount.

Tomorrow, I think I will get to the gym early - do my upper body work-out then the treadmill. That will leave me the rest of the day to work on show stuff.
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom

Postby BiggerInTexas » July 23rd, 2008, 7:44 am

Hey, Bren!

I'm so glad Deanna's home! Yay! :yippee: Did she have fun on her trip?

How's your right ankle and leg today? I hope the horse show plans are coming together! When does your mom get back from the convention?
BiggerInTexas

Postby rodeomom » July 23rd, 2008, 3:23 pm

It is really great to have Deanna home again. Actually, she really is kinda ho hum about this trip. She really missed home and her "ponies", but I think it was a good experience for her anyway.

Horse show plans are coming right along. I need to bake some stuff for the bake sale and finish up a couple of signs, but other than that I think I have everything covered. I hope!

Not sure when my mom is due back. I hope she is having a good time. She needs a break from dealing with my father all the time.

Hit the gym this morning and did Earl's upper body workout then 40 minutes on the treadmill. Have an appointment with him for a full workout tomorrow. Not sure what that involves, but I think I am looking forward to it.

The ankle is doing alright. For some reason the calf is wanting to cramp up on me, but I am able to work through it most of the time. Looks like I am going to be able to have that pin removed next Thursday. YAY! I know it is yet another surgery, but I want it done as soon as possible so I don't get better than have to take off work from a new job to take care of it later.
rodeomom

Postby Mike » July 23rd, 2008, 9:27 pm

Keep up the great work. I met your mom... what a true gem. ;)
Hope all is well there in Ohio... Florida is hot, but we are learning lots.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby rodeomom » July 24th, 2008, 6:49 am

Hey Mike, Mom mentioned meeting you when I talked to her yesterday. She is pretty special!

Plans for today include my first full work-out with Earl, I am kinda nervous. I shall beg for mercy lest he try to kill me! ;)

With two days till showtime, I have lots of little things to take care of to make sure we run a good show with no major blow ups!
rodeomom

Postby BiggerInTexas » July 24th, 2008, 6:58 am

Two days 'til showtime! Yay! I'm so excited for you! I wish I could be there with you!

Let us know how the full-body regiment goes! :mrgreen: I'm so proud of you, goin' after your goal - fitness all the way! WooHoo!
BiggerInTexas

Postby aquarianskye » July 24th, 2008, 8:22 am

Good morning sunshine! I finally have a chance to get caught up with everyone here--let's see how long that lasts :D. I'm sure we'll have some major problem before I get caught up!

Wow! Sounds like you are all crazy about that exercise stuff now huh? You go girlie. I'm proud of you. Maybe you can send that bug my way. It's just about all I can handle to get the vacuuming done these days.

You really are an inspiration. Oh yah, I hope Earl doesn't kill ya!
Skye
285/233.2/170?
as of 4/8/09
aquarianskye
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby rodeomom » July 25th, 2008, 7:24 am

:wavie: Howdy SKYE!! I have missed you. How the heck are ya doing?

Some days I have a hard time convincing myself to get my butt out of bed to get to the gym, but I think of how good I feel after a good workout and that gives me the motivation to get moving. That natural endorphin high just cannot be beat! :yippee:

Speaking of workouts, I had a great one with Earl yesterday. I am feeling it this morning, but not so bad that I'm not able to move. It is really a good feeling. WOW? :eyecrazy: whodathunkit?

Today is the last push to the show tomorrow. There are lots of little things that need to be done, but I feel ready. I can't believe that, but I think I have everything ready to go. Now I am just worried about all the stuff I feel like I forgot since I am always doing things last minute. :roll:

rodeomom

Postby BiggerInTexas » July 25th, 2008, 7:35 am

I'm so excited that you liked your workout with Earl! Yay! :D

I know the show will be wonderful! Be sure to post lots of pics!

Would you send me your address again? I want to send you the rest of my pomegranate/cherry shakes so you can see if you like them. I'll send a couple of Crystal Light pomegranate/cherry drinks, too. I add 1/4 a CL packet to the shake to punch up the flavor, which I liked. It's the texture that I wasn't fond of.

I need to talk to your mom next Thurs., too, and place an order. I didn't do it quite right last time. It'll be the day after my surgery so I might forget to call. I'll send her an email so we'll both remember. :D

Is the show Saturday and Sunday? I hope you get to take a deep breath and relax Sunday!! I can't wait to hear all about it!
BiggerInTexas

Postby rodeomom » July 25th, 2008, 2:29 pm

Hey there everyone! Totally blew the plan today and probably will again tomorrow since it will be hard to be good at the show. Maybe Sunday I will be able to get back on. I am not too worried though, since I am exercising regularly.

I am schedualed for my final surgery to have the pin removed from my heal on Thursday the 31st. UGH! I just want that all to be over with.

Going to the show grounds to start getting ready this evening then the show starts at 9:30am tomorrow!

I'll send ya a PM Tex!

rodeomom

Postby BiggerInTexas » July 25th, 2008, 2:43 pm

Thanks, Rodeo! Can't wait to hear about the show!

We'll be recovery buddies, too - your surgery is the day after mine!!!
BiggerInTexas

Postby rodeomom » July 25th, 2008, 7:48 pm

I was thinking the same thing. Yours will be a much longer recovery than mine. We'll have to rent the same movies and talk on the phone all day long! :lol: ;) Since we can't do anything else.

Okay, off to bed so I can get up with the sun and get moving!

God bless everyone. Have a great weekend!
rodeomom

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal