Rodeomom

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby BiggerInTexas » July 15th, 2008, 8:13 am

Did ya get to meet up with Earl yet?
BiggerInTexas
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby rodeomom » July 15th, 2008, 10:36 am

Thanks Sharon. That is my favorite photo too, for many reasons.

Nothing with Earl yet. Seems he is pretty popular (head of the trainers) and hard to get an appointment with. I really wish I hadn't missed that one on Saturdayl.

I only did 30 min on the treadmill today after being pretty lazy all weekend. Lots of stuff going on and I am internalizing it all so I am just not feeling myself.

Hangin in though...
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby BiggerInTexas » July 15th, 2008, 11:42 am

I'm way behind on exercising, too. Time goes so fast! Hard to fit it all in sometimes.

Things ok with your folks? When does Deanna get back?
BiggerInTexas

Postby rodeomom » July 15th, 2008, 12:44 pm

Everything is just kinda crazy around here. Just got in from mowing, again. I just did that on Saturday! Deanna gets back one week from today, then we have 3 days to get her and the horses ready for the show.

My show committee bailed on me last night, again, so I am starting to feel pretty overwhelmed with all the stuff I feel I have to get done for the show.

The stress is heating up my fibromyalgia so I am taking more meds than usual. I can not take the meds on an empty stomach and a supplement just isn't enough. All that does is put me slightly off plan, but off plan is off plan.
Last edited by rodeomom on July 15th, 2008, 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rodeomom

Postby BiggerInTexas » July 15th, 2008, 12:47 pm

Oh man, I'm so sorry! Fibro is tough, I can't imagine how hard it is on top of the stress you've got. You gotta do what you need for your body.

Wish I was there to help out! I know you'll feel so much better when Deanna is back.
BiggerInTexas

Postby rodeomom » July 15th, 2008, 12:54 pm

Thanks Stace - something tells me that I would get more help from you than my whole committe combined. I am really OK with doing the work, I just hate false promises.

Oh - guess what. I have a big suprise for Deanna when she gets back. I taught Baby Scout how to bow in just about 20 minutes (that is a testament to his intellegence, NOT my ability to train!). I was talking to her on the phone last night and I almost spilled the beans. I am horrible at keeping secrets - worse at keeping my own, but I want to wait until she can see him do it. I am so excited - I feel like I am waiting for Christmas.
rodeomom

Postby BiggerInTexas » July 15th, 2008, 1:07 pm

rodeomom wrote:
Oh - guess what. I have a big suprise for Deanna when she gets back. I taught Baby Scout how to bow in just about 20 minutes (that is a testament to his intellegence, NOT my ability to train!). I was talking to her on the phone last night and I almost spilled the beans. I am horrible at keeping secrets - worse at keeping my own, but I want to wait until she can see him do it. I am so excited - I feel like I am waiting for Christmas.

OMG, that's so amazing! She'll be so impressed! I'M so impressed!! It took me two months to potty train the dog!!!

DH is the same way with presents and secrets! He's so funny - he keeps giving me presents right up 'til Christmas, 'cause he can't wait for me to open them!
BiggerInTexas

Postby rodeomom » July 15th, 2008, 5:09 pm

You think your impressed? I was pretty impressed with it myself. At first, I hadn't even planned on trying to teach him anything. He loves starlight peppermint (all the horses do). I just held one between his front knees and said the word "bow" as he bent down to get it. Then I moved the peppermint further and further under his belly so he had to bend over more and more - each time I said bow as I did it. 10 minutes the first day and 10 minutes the second and he is now doing it on command. I feel so cool.

On the weight loss front, I am feeling a little discouraged today. Not over anything in particular, just a basic "blech" feeling. I know much of it has to do with stress and the fibro. Eating with my meds feels like cheating no matter how I try to justify it. Since I am on the depo provera shot for major cramping issues, I don't have a TOM so I know that isn't it, but that is almost how I feel.

OK enough rambling...
rodeomom

Postby aquarianskye » July 16th, 2008, 2:54 pm

Hey lady! I finally got a chance to get on here and get caught up with the happenings! So, Deanna's in Canada huh? Wow. You've turned into an exerciseholic while I've been awol.

Gonna try and get caught up with everyone but be happy to know that you were the first one I checked in on!
Skye
285/233.2/170?
as of 4/8/09
aquarianskye
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby rodeomom » July 16th, 2008, 3:19 pm

aquarianskye wrote: but be happy to know that you were the first one I checked in on!
You are so sweet! I wouldn't say I am an "exerciseaholic" quite yet. I still have to drag my big butt to the gym more often than being excited about going. I do know that I feel better and brighter when I am done though so I trudge along. Glad to see your back sis!
rodeomom

Postby katesmom » July 16th, 2008, 4:44 pm

Hey there Brenda !
Thanks for writing ! Yes, I am pumped this time and I recall Baby Trace's words long ago...Just follow the plan , don't cheat and you'll lose the weight...Jo used to say that too...By the way, where did Serendipity (jo) go? Many others have given us the same advice but I don't want to stop now... Hi Ho...Hi Ho..... Hee hee !

How are you today?
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
Can't wait to WIN this race !!
katesmom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby rodeomom » July 16th, 2008, 6:40 pm

I spent most of today at the fair letting people know about Alicia's show on the 26th. There have been very few times that I have been at a horse show without Deanna - it was kinda lonely. :cry: I miss her so much! What am I gonna do when she leaves the nest? :shock:

Anyway, after the fair I had 2 hours of physical therapy today which included 30 minutes on the bike and 30 on the treadmill with a smattering of weights in between. With my fibro acting up, it was a struggle to get through everything, but I know if I don't move that the fibro will only get worse. At this point the best advise for me is to live like it doesn't hurt. Obviously, easier said than done, but I do my best.

I lazed around for a couple of hours when I got home, then decided I had better get to work on those quilts for the show. I now have both of them to the point of "sandwiching" them together with the batting and backing and actually "quilting" them. They were "done enough" for a couple of photos....

The pattern in the pink one can't be seen well enough to tell that there are little Chinese characters all over it. I have identified some of them as meaning "Peace", "Joy", "Courage" and "Love". Some are just too hard to make out. The Ohio State one is unique because they don't make actually OSU fabric. I had to buy a set of sheets and cut them up to be able to make this quilt.

So, tomorrow, I plan on heading to the gym in the AM, to the fabric store after that, then back home to get these done.
rodeomom

Postby katesmom » July 17th, 2008, 4:23 am

They are really beautiful Brenda ! I wish I could be so talented !
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
Can't wait to WIN this race !!
katesmom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby BiggerInTexas » July 17th, 2008, 4:37 am

Wow, they're gorgeous! You're doing an amazing job!!!
BiggerInTexas

Postby rodeomom » July 17th, 2008, 5:49 am

Thanks guys!! They really aren't as difficult as they look. The OSU one was a little harder because I had to specifically cut the "Block O's" out, but other than that I could work faster if my machine could sew faster.

Okay, 9am and I am off to the gym. I don't feel like it, but by the time I get there, I think I'll be alright.
rodeomom

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal