Rodeomom

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby rodeomom » July 9th, 2008, 6:21 am

Thanks CC! I kinda chucked one of the quilts because I wasn't particularlly happy with the way it was coming out. It is an easier version of the other and, well, it looks easier. It isn't that it is bad really, just not as good as I would like it to be for what it is for. Then it dawned on me that I have some [color=red]Ohio State University fabric (actually sheets I got at WalMart since they don't actually sell OSU fabric). I sat down and cut those sheets up added some Scarlet and Grey and I am very happy with the results. Here in Ohio we are pretty fanatic about out Buckeyes so I think this one will be a big hit! Photos will follow later today.

On the MF front... I realized one thing that I did when I first started the program back in September that I hadn't done this time was ask for God's help. After all the Scripture says "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." right? DUH!!! I came to this epiphany on Sunday and prayed for His strength and guidance on the program. Whaddya know? Being on plan has been easier the last few days. I still have some time to go before I get really comfortable about it all, ya know the whole "2 weeks to become a habit" stuff, but this time I really feel like I just might get past those 2 weeks and make it happen!

Boosted my weight workout at the gym yesterday and I am feeling it this morning. Can't wait to see the chiropractor and get that deep muscle massage and ultra sound + e-stim! Oh the glorys of such wonders!

[/color]
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby BiggerInTexas » July 9th, 2008, 11:57 am

I realized one thing that I did when I first started the program back in September that I hadn't done this time was ask for God's help. After all the Scripture says "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." right?

Thanks for the reminder, Bren! You're right, I've asked friends and family for help, but haven't sought out the Higher Power! How could I forget that?
BiggerInTexas
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby rodeomom » July 9th, 2008, 3:41 pm

It is just like me to forget the thing that is right in front of my face! :roll:
rodeomom

Postby Diana » July 10th, 2008, 9:12 am

Great epiphany, Bren!! Divinely Inspired, I'd say! Go get 'em!
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby BiggerInTexas » July 11th, 2008, 2:44 pm

What's up, Bren? Any big plans for the weekend? Get that fence all painted?
BiggerInTexas

Postby rodeomom » July 11th, 2008, 4:29 pm

Spent nearly 24 hours straight walking a sick horse around yesterday and today. UGH! Got the call from a friend of mine that her daughter's horse was in a serious bout of colic - bad for human babies - nearly always fatal for horses. In order to keep him from rolling on the floor in pain which would end up twisting his gut we had to keep him moving. After several quarts of mineral oil, put where he really didn't like it to be put, and 24 hours of walking he finally passed the blockage. I am exhausted. I feel bad too, because I didn't get to send Deanna off to Canada where she will be visiting her dad's mom for 2 weeks (she left early this morning). I know she is cool with it though because she understands that if it were one of her horses she would expect the same.

YES!!! The fence is painted!! YAY! About 5 of the 8 acres that needs mowed got mowed this evening. The rest will just have to wait since there is rain in the forcast. Also, do to the impending rain, my plans for the weekend will probably include finishing up my quilts.

I met with a personal trainer at my new gym yesterday. His name is Earl and he is a former "Mr Ohio". Holy crap this guy is HUGE and quite intimidating at first. Turns out he is a big teddy bear - like most guys I have met with his body type. Yesterday we just talked about my story and my goals. I go in tomorrow for a real appointment with him - measurments, body fat to lean muscle ratio, the whole 9 yards and then some. Then he is going to set me up with a rotation work out. I can't believe I am kind of excited !?????! Me - in a gym - with a personal trainer.... HEY!!! Did anyone else just see that pig fly by?? :pigsfly:
Oh and Tex, ya better watch out for the snow that's bound to be heading your way!
rodeomom

Postby BiggerInTexas » July 11th, 2008, 10:48 pm

HAH-HAH! Exercise excitement is catching on! :mrgreen: It really is motivating to know someone is expecting progress from you. I'm so excited for you! Let me know how it goes!

I forgot about your daughter's trip! I hope all goes well and she has a great time. I know you'll miss her!

You have such a good heart to help out your friend's daughter's horse. Poor thing! Dang, Girl, you must be so wiped out! Mowing, painting and saving lives! Phew! All in a day's work for Super RodeoMom!
BiggerInTexas

Postby rodeomom » July 12th, 2008, 12:04 pm

Well, I had to cancel on Earl (trainer) today because I forgot that I told my neices I would take their 4-H animals to the fairgrounds to be tagged today. I haven't heard back from him, but since I have PT tomorrow, I don't think I will see Earl until Tuesday.

I think I can take a breath now. Geez, seems like I have less free time being off work than I did when I was working. :roll:
rodeomom

Postby rodeomom » July 12th, 2008, 12:31 pm

Warning Brag post to follow!

It has to be written somewhere that a mother has a right to brag about her child(ren).

Here are a couple of photos taken at Deanna's last competition. She trained this horse (Baby Scout) from a 3 month old (he is now 4 years old) completely by herself (she is the only one that has ever been on his back). He won his first blue ribbon in this class.

Jetta Roc (below) and Deanna won $177.00 that day. He is a horse she watched someone else ride for years and dreamed of owning him one day. Dreams do come true!

This was taken for our church directory. We are sporting the pink in our hair in memory of Alicia.
rodeomom

Postby katesmom » July 12th, 2008, 3:12 pm

Nice pics Brenda !
I love the pink too ! alicia is smiling down on you always !

Great to be back...How you doin?
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
Can't wait to WIN this race !!
katesmom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby dede4wd » July 12th, 2008, 3:55 pm

Hi,
Just catching up...GREAT pics, good luck with Earl and I'm so happy you were able to help that horsie!

D
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby rodeomom » July 13th, 2008, 10:03 am

Thanks Wilson and DeDe. As y'all can tell, I am very proud of my daughter and her accomplishments.

Going to the gym in a few minutes. Earl won't be there, but I can at least get my treadmill and some ab work done.

I have been struggling with a headache for the past few days. :? It isn't super bad, just downright irritating. I am hoping that getting the blood pumping and adrenaline going will help ease the tension and help release the pressure.

As I said in roll call, the scale is still being pretty stubborn. I was able to wear a pair of capris to church today that were too tight couple of weeks ago so at least I saw some kind of progress. :D
rodeomom

Postby katesmom » July 13th, 2008, 12:30 pm

Thanks for posting in my journal Brenda !

I decided to have my L&G at 2:30 today...I was starving !
Anyway I am determined to have great day !

Hope you do too !
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
Can't wait to WIN this race !!
katesmom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby BiggerInTexas » July 14th, 2008, 9:21 am

Congrats to Deanna! She's just beautiful! She's had such amazing accomplishments and she's still a teenager! Wow!

And congrats to you on the capris! Yay! :) I love ya'lls church pic!
BiggerInTexas

Postby SharonR » July 15th, 2008, 7:57 am

Those are great pic, I esp. love the first one of her on the horse, great action shot!!
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal