Rodeomom

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby BiggerInTexas » September 2nd, 2008, 12:09 pm

Hey, Bren! Hope you all had a fun holiday weekend! Thanks for calling me - I'm so glad we got to visit! :mrgreen:
BiggerInTexas
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby rodeomom » September 5th, 2008, 6:15 am

Still here, still trying to figure out the best balance between what I consume and my work-outs. As much as I would like to be able to be 100% on plan and follow the whole thing (including suggestions for exercise) to the letter, I just can't. My physical therapy is set in stone and cannot be altered; therefore, I have to figure out how to make the program fit into this lifestyle. It is a struggle to say the least, but somehow it will work its way out.
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby rodeomom » September 8th, 2008, 7:21 am

Well, I think I hit my "rock bottom", "eye opener", "epiphany" or just the plain old kick in the @$$ that I needed to regain my motivation. Until yesterday, I hadn't noticed any kind of significant gain either on the scale or in inches with my clothing. Yesterday changed all that. I went to put on a pair of pants that I had worn before it got too hot for them and they were too small. YIKES!!! I have gotten rid of all my "big me clothing" and I am NOT going to invest in anything in larger sizes than I already have. I cannot afford to buy larger clothing. It isn't gonna happen!!!!!

That was the wake up call that I needed to get my head back in the game and the "why" I needed to motivate me to stay on plan.
rodeomom

Postby katesmom » September 9th, 2008, 3:29 am

Hi Rodeo,
I too, have had the struggle and when walking around at work yesterday, realized my WHOLE body ached. I thought, okay either get back on plan 100% or end up not being able to walk around ! Medifast won, Thank goodness !

Here's to a prolonged re-start ! :cheers:
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
Can't wait to WIN this race !!
katesmom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Lauren » September 9th, 2008, 6:19 am

Hey, Rodeo! Glad to hear you had your lightbulb moment. I was actually going to post to you the other day, when you had written the post about trying to find the food balance, but I figured you didn't ask any opinions, so it probably wasn't polite of me to throw them at you. But hey, I've never been shy before, why start now!?! :-)

Here's the thing: I totally understand that you're doing a lot of exercising, and that can justify needing a few more calories, but you're not doing such cardio intensive exercise (like running a marathon) that you need to be fueling up hard core, do you know what I mean? Having an extra couple MF meals really is probably sufficient, and depending on how strenuous your weight lifting is, perhaps adding a bit more lean protein to your meal. Then see how you feel. Yes, it's a learning process, and you have to experiment a bit, but don't let the exercise be an excuse to eat more than you need. And please don't be annoyed that I wrote this! Ha.

Having exercised at all weights (including at my heaviest before MF, and throughout the weight loss process), I assure you I've been down this road a million times, so I get it, I really do!

I wish you nothing but success, a continued great recovery, and all good things!

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Postby rodeomom » September 9th, 2008, 8:50 pm

End of day 2 and finishing my last shake. I have done pretty well, but still not 100%. Had a bit of a headache and felt a little run down, but nothing I couldn't deal with. I was able to stay away from ice cream and candy so I am already feeling better about myself.

Lauren - all imput is appriciated in my journal. I expect others to have different ideas and I am willing to consider all perspectives. The idea for the extra L&G came from Dr Andersen during a doctor's call. My therapists (and personal trainer) all agree that I am burning at least 500 calories during a single 2 hour workout - (for example, according to the treadmill calculator I burn about 300-350).

On the 3 days a week (M-W-F) that I am required to do the 2 hour head to toe work out in physical therapy I will have a 2 egg veggie omelet or some other "breakfast type" L&G for my first meal then a shake before I go to PT (which is about 3 hours later). After PT I will have some sort of MF supplement (probably a bar) followed by another 3 hours later then another L&G followed by 2 more supplements. I have found that having more than just 1 or 2 MF supplements in the AM before my workouts leaves me very weak and unable to complete the workout which is why I am now adding a more substantial morning meal. I will also follow this plan on days that I meet with Earl (personal trainer), but those are on hold for a short period of time due to money more than anything else.

On days that I don't do a structured workout I will follow a basic 5 & 1. Even on those days I will probably still at least walk at the arboretum for a half an hour or so. These walks are more relaxing than exercise so I am not worried about them as much.
rodeomom

Postby BiggerInTexas » September 10th, 2008, 11:55 am

Hey, Bren! Good to see ya figuring it all out! :D
BiggerInTexas

Postby rodeomom » September 11th, 2008, 8:17 am

Day 4 and while not 100% on plan it is only that
@%$@# peanut butter jar keeping me from complete compliance. I was successful a year ago while still endulging my addiction to the stuff, but with more restraint than I am using right now.

I quite weak at therapy yesterday and just plain struggled to get through the 2 hours. I figure that was just my body telling me to slow down and let it catch up. Yesterday was mostly weights on the upper body after 30 minutes in the pool and 30 minutes at 3.3mph on the treadmill. My ankle/leg was screaming at me for some reason after the treadmill. My arms and shoulders are sore this morning. Not outrageously - just letting me know that I worked certain muscles that have been dormant for a period of time.

I don't plan on getting on the scale for a couple of weeks. I will be discouraged to see a higher number than I did the last time which was a few weeks ago and I know I gained. For the time being, I will use my clothing and energy level as a guide. I really think I am going to do it this time.
rodeomom

Postby BiggerInTexas » September 13th, 2008, 7:08 pm

Hey, Bren! Keep stickin' to it! Maybe you can find a modified plan that incorporates a tablespoon or two of peanut butter as part of your L&G - especially since you need the extra protein with your intense therapy and exercise routines. If you have it as part of your plan each day, you won't have to feel guilty about it. Instead you can really enjoy it! :)
BiggerInTexas

Postby BiggerInTexas » September 19th, 2008, 12:56 pm

Hey, Bren! I wanted to stop in and tell ya hi! :D
BiggerInTexas

Postby katesmom » October 1st, 2008, 5:15 pm

Hi Brenda,
Please come back !

Wilson :D
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
Can't wait to WIN this race !!
katesmom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby rodeomom » April 9th, 2009, 7:51 pm

Oh so much has happened since September. Can't even begin to get caught up here. Moved into my own place, got a new dog and a new puppy. Feeling very isolated and alone right now. No friends, bad family relationships, swapping one addiction for another for another for another.

Time to get control. Day one. Back to 293 which means I gained back most of what I lost, (see addiction comment above). Refuse to buy bigger clothes. No money so have to do a slightly altered version of the program until I can afford to order more product.

Can't feel much worse at this point. Looking for something good in my life right now.
rodeomom

Postby Karli » April 9th, 2009, 8:33 pm

Hi Brenda,

I know when you have been gone a while, you come back and it looks like the board is lit up with action, but it's not super active here right now (you may see a lot of unread posts but that may be over months of time, actually). There are really just a few of us hanging around, and even the few of us don't post all the time. So, just don't be surprised or discouraged if there isn't a flood from millions upon your return. However, I welcome you back :).

It takes a lot of courage to really decide it's time to make a change, and though it sounds like your life has been full of changes all around you, I guess it's easy to let that take a toll on what's inside of you. And, that's what you are deciding to make a change with now, it seems.

I am not here everyday posting, but just know that I am rooting for you and I believe you can do it :). Let's do it together !
Last edited by Karli on April 9th, 2009, 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Lauren » April 11th, 2009, 10:21 am

Hey, Brenda, it's great to hear from you! Obviously I'm sorry life has been an uphill battle in so many ways, but it's wonderful that you knew where to come to get support and back on track!

Please don't be a stranger - you've always been such a fantastic addition to this forum, and everyone here (including you) will benefit from your interaction!

Cheers,

Lauren
Lauren

Postby MyComplete180 » April 12th, 2009, 1:58 pm

Hi, nice to meet ya, glad you are back. The more the better!
MyComplete180

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal