Rodeomom

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby DonnaS » October 17th, 2007, 6:46 am

Anyone interested in sizes 10, 24/26 and juniors medium ish (jrs mostly American Eagle, Areo, Abercrombie etc) let me know and I will set you up.

I may be interested in the Juniors 10's if they are American Eagle jeans. I believe one of my girls may wear size 10 and both of them love American Eagle. I would have to make sure though. I have some nice size 20's and 22's (pants and tops) I need to get rid of. I gave away a lot of my clothes and I listed some on e-Bay a while back but didn't sell them all.

I enjoy gray and rainy days too, more so in the winter because I love the cozy mood I get in. I don't think it's ever going to cool off here in Dallas!

With the McD food thing, I have not worried about just eating the chicken breast and then a salad later. I have bought the bacon ranch salad with a grilled chicken breast but I didn't know they had a small side salad you could buy. I will certainly keep that in mind. I LOVE beef jerky but I feel guilty eating it because of the fat and sodium in it.

You did good with those chicken nuggets. My granddaughter loves happy meals and I can hardly stand being in the car with those fries.
THERE IS NO FAILURE EXCEPT IN NO LONGER TRYING - - ELBERT HUBBARD

SD 06/05/07
240/206.5/135
Restart 2/18/08
DonnaS
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby rodeomom » October 17th, 2007, 7:21 am

I certainly felt the accompishment when those nuggets were gone and I knew I hadn't eaten a single piece.

PM'd you about the clothing.
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby aquarianskye » October 17th, 2007, 8:02 am

Good morning Ms. Rodeo! Hope you're having a great day. How'd your pt appt go?

I too love rainy days but only a few at a time. I'm from Indiana and weeks on end of gloom depress. That's why I'm excited to be here in TX and see sun year round!
Skye
285/233.2/170?
as of 4/8/09
aquarianskye
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby rodeomom » October 17th, 2007, 11:41 am

Didn't have to do anything tough at physical therapy today so I am happy. It was just the 7:30am appointment that got me! I am not a morning person!

Rainy days are OK, just don't like the gloom.
rodeomom

Postby Charity » October 18th, 2007, 1:53 am

7:30am! YIKES! In nice cozy gloomy weather too! Double yikes!

Your physical therapist must be stoked at your weight loss success! :hi5: Compliance is an big issue with them I am sure! You go girl!
Lost 40# last year on MF
Restart date: 3/6/8 5'2"
Charity

Postby BabyTrace » October 18th, 2007, 7:37 am

Hi Rodeomom :wave:

I've seen your posts all over the board including in my own journal, but I'm just now getting a chance to come over and read about you.

Wow girl! You are doing great! You should be very proud of your string of OP days, we all know they aren't always easy. Heck, throw in Tucker's chicken nuggets and you should be feeling like Wonderwoman. We all talk about being in the right frame of mind to succeed on MF and it definitely sounds like you are there. Good for you!

Well, I just wanted to extend my welcome to you even if it is ridiculously late. Your warm, cheerful personality is a wonderful addition to our little community here. Glad to have you along!

Tracy
Start Date: 07/11/2007

The essence of growth is a willingness to change for the better and then an unremitting willingness to shoulder whatever responsibility this entails.
BabyTrace
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby rodeomom » October 18th, 2007, 3:05 pm

Thank you so much Tracy -- sometimes one can start to feel a little under-appreciated. (but not me of course - I was talking about a friend) Anyway, MMT has made my ride with MF thus far so much easier than I thought it was going to be. Seeing everyone's struggles and actually being able to contribute when someone needs a nudge is very helpful for me. Obviously, getting those nudges (or kick in the pants) is also extremely useful at times.

I was very happy to be able to share my victory over those nuggets. Just call me "mighty nugget conquerer" Tucker is so funny, I think the only reason he likes to go "bye byes" is because he expects to go to McD's at some point during the trip. Believe it or not he even knows when I am getting off at the right exit and gets all excited. The ladies at the drive thru will give him a cookie, but he will NOT eat that cookie until he gets his nuggets first. Just like with my daughter, I don't want Tucker to have to suffer just because I need to get control of my eating and weight.

Thanks for dropping by and for the cheerful words. I needed that right now and they are very much appreciated!!
rodeomom

Postby rodeomom » October 18th, 2007, 8:01 pm

WARNING - This is a long rambling free association type writing - basically just working out some stress issues -

The last two days have been emotional roller costers for me. My mom had outpatient surgery on Wednesday which shifted much of the workload of the farm onto me. I don't mind and would do more on a regular basis except that she always gets to stuff before I do. At any rate all seemed to be going well yesterday evening when my dad called me upstairs in a panic. My mom was white as a sheet an ready to pass out. We all but carried her to the car and Dad rushed her to the ER where she was rushed back into surgery to have about a unit of blood removed from where she was bleeding internally. They kept her overnight and she returned home late this morning.

Now everyone in the household is lacking rest and G-R-U-M-P-Y :x very very grumpy. We have been at each other's throats about the littlest things all day long.

So now, the horses are cared for, stalls are clean, dinner is done, dishes are washed and put away, Mom has her needs met (for now) and I have some time for me. Through all of the crazyness of the last couple of days I have managed to stay OP, though I don't know how. Every meal did run late, but I got them in and didn't fall victim to my cravings for typical comfort foods (chocolate, ice cream etc).

On top of all of this my ankle has been aching all day. Actually, it is worse than aching, it frickin hurts, and there isn't a dang thing I can do about it. The only thing that will solve this issue is to have the Achilles repaired and that can't happen until the middle of December. The good news to that is that I can continue to lose weight and have a faster and easier recovering because of the weight loss.

Tucker is about to disown me and find someone else to live with since I haven't taken him for a walk nor anywhere else for that matter in several days. Maybe tomorrow I told him, but it is supposed to rain most of the day and I have yet to find an indoor walking area that welcomes dogs.

So - to sum up---

the bad news: I now have double my responsibilities at home while my mom recovers from surgery - my dog is very upset at me - I am feeling a bit overwhelmed and perhaps a little melancholy - my ankle is killing me - my mom hates my new hair style

the good news: My mom is OK after a scare last night - I stayed completely on plan even though life was exceptionally rough - dogs are pretty forgiving souls - I am getting a workout in caring for the horses and cleaning stalls - I get to choose L&G for a while since I am making dinner - had my hair cut and highlighted and my daughter loves it - tomorrow is only a half an hour away!
rodeomom

Postby Charity » October 19th, 2007, 1:32 am

Wow! Your determination is inspiring! congrats on staying on program and I hope your mom is okay.

I wanna see the new hair!
Lost 40# last year on MF
Restart date: 3/6/8 5'2"
Charity

Postby bikipatra » October 19th, 2007, 4:27 am

Sounds like you have an inner strength you are relying on. Good for you. And I am so glad you took some personal time to get your hair done and that you like it. Because that is what matters.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby rodeomom » October 19th, 2007, 6:11 am

Charity wrote:Wow! Your determination is inspiring! congrats on staying on program and I hope your mom is okay.

I wanna see the new hair!

Thanks for the lift Charity - I needed it. Maybe I will take a couple of pics today and send them for Unca Tim to load.
rodeomom

Postby rodeomom » October 19th, 2007, 6:13 am

bikipatra wrote:Sounds like you have an inner strength you are relying on. Good for you. And I am so glad you took some personal time to get your hair done and that you like it. Because that is what matters.

It was beginning to feel like that inner strength is starting to run a little thin so I needed that time. I just love having someone wash my hair. I would almost pay the full price of a hair cut just for the washing. Call me crazy, but it is almost better than a massage! Thanks too for the reminder that it IS my hair - even though I am not the one that looks at it all the time. And if I like it then :tongue: on everyone else!

Thank Biki - I really did need that
rodeomom

Postby DonnaS » October 19th, 2007, 7:10 am

Sounds like you had a rough time of it yesterday! Just focus on the good and enjoy YOUR new haircut (my mom doesn't like mine either). Have a good day!
THERE IS NO FAILURE EXCEPT IN NO LONGER TRYING - - ELBERT HUBBARD

SD 06/05/07
240/206.5/135
Restart 2/18/08
DonnaS

Postby rodeomom » October 19th, 2007, 11:23 am

Yes, I was a little stressed yesterday. Today has been better, though not quite "normal".

Anyway, I did take some pics of the new hair, sent them to Unca and am waiting for them to be posted.

Will check back in after supper.
rodeomom

Postby rodeomom » October 19th, 2007, 1:46 pm

Well, there is the new do... what da ya'll think?
rodeomom

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal