Just thought I'd say hello !
I hope you have a great day !
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
Can't wait to WIN this race !!
katesmom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby bikipatra » October 23rd, 2007, 4:07 am

My "girls" started out at 50" too and are now down to 38". I wish they would go down some more. Once I get down to a manageable goal weight I am going to invest in some great minimizer bras. Even though my measurements haven't changed they are still shrinking because I keep having to go buy new bras. But only one at a time because they might not be my size for very long.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby rodeomom » October 23rd, 2007, 5:41 am

I guess I am just surprised at the speed at which that particular area is reducing. Of all the parts of my body, the girls were the one place I didn't mind being large.

Thanks for stopping by everyone. You all are the reason I am able to stay positive through all of this. If I hadn't found this place, I think I would be off plan and a basket case by now. This community really is a great place to feel safe.

Thanks again!
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby aquarianskye » October 23rd, 2007, 7:45 am

WOW to those measurements! I'm totally impressed! You keep on truckin!
Skye
285/233.2/170?
as of 4/8/09
aquarianskye
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby rodeomom » October 23rd, 2007, 2:46 pm

I have been a little down in the dumps today and I really can't say why. I suppose all the stresses of the last week or so have decided to catch up to me. Being out with the horses this morning was actually enjoyable. I brushed a couple of them and really enjoyed their presence. As Winston Churchill once said, "There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside fo a man". I also like the old Arabian Saying that, "The air of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears." They just have a special way about them. Even better than dogs I think (Oh Lord, DO NOT let Tucker know I said that!)

At any rate, I got a work out cleaning 9 stalls and brushing 3 horses vigerously. I have been able to continue to stay on plan despite an unreasonable craving for a couple of Reese Peanut Butter Cups. Money has been very tight lately and I have not been able to get any DaVinci or Capella flavorings. For now I must go through the lines at the store that are "family friendly" which means no candy in the aisle and stay away from convenience stores. We don't have any kind of candy at home so I am safe for now. Seems like anytime I get the blues I crave chocolate. I am thinking my next meal might be a MF chocolate cheesecake recipe I found on Lean Cuisine???
rodeomom

Postby Mike » October 23rd, 2007, 4:44 pm

.... or if you have any PB, try chocolate pudding with 1-2 teaspoons of PB mixed in. Might just work for now.

;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby bikipatra » October 24th, 2007, 2:04 am

rodeomom wrote:
Money has been very tight lately and I have not been able to get any DaVinci or Capella flavorings.

Remember you can also use extracts which are less expensive. They aren't quite the same as the syrups but I use a danish pastry extract and add splenda to my coffee and it is delicious.
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby DonnaS » October 24th, 2007, 7:10 am

I hope your having a better day today Rodeomom. Reeses are my favorite too and it was hard to give them up but we're not giving them up forever! Great job on the workout! Staying busy and drinking lots of water gets me through rough spots sometimes.
THERE IS NO FAILURE EXCEPT IN NO LONGER TRYING - - ELBERT HUBBARD

SD 06/05/07
240/206.5/135
Restart 2/18/08
DonnaS
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby rodeomom » October 24th, 2007, 2:52 pm

Today was a better day in most aspects. I had to get up and get going because I had to take a message to my brother because he allowed his phone to get shut off. Course I had to get all 9 horses in and fed first then change my clothes because I, then, smelled like horse. Then, since I was heading in to town, my mom asked me to exchange her coffee pot that had leaked all over the kitchen counter and floor. Long story short, it took me three trips to the store to get the coffee pot exchanged. While in town I also went to the chiropractor. After all of that I headed to physical therapy where I spent 15 minutes on the bike (I felt it too) and had ultra sound and e-stim done on my ankle. When I was finished there went back into town to Goody's to check out their big clearance off of the clearance sale. Got some really good buys too. When I got home I had to give a horse a shot, let all the horses out and clean all 9 stalls. It was 2pm before I could even sit and check my emails.

Since returning home, checking my emails and Ebay auctions I have cleaned out the fire place, started a fire (in it), made dinner and carried in a couple loads of wood from outside. I imagine that many/most of you all have busy lives that would make my day today seem like a day at the beach, but compared to my regular schedual, this was a rat race. Remember, I am just a country girl.

Good thing I keep some shake packets in my car, because I was out longer than I thought I would be and had to mix up a shake right after PT. I did slip a little today and had a little bit more peanut butter than I usually allow myself, but I am not ready to call that a cheat. Through all of that, I did stay on plan (aside from the PB) and got in a good work out both at PT and in the barn.

I am kinda bummed out about not being able to get in a really good full body work out right now. Others are discussing lunges and stairs and I really want to start working on that stuff, but my ankle just will not allow it, I have a hard time just walking up and down the stairs to my bedroom. The best I can do is the bike (which I only have access to at PT) and the work around the house. Last time I tried resistance bands I killed my back (I have a horse injury that required surgery). When I try to do sit ups and/or crunches I pay for it with my back for days later. Any suggestions on low impact exercises that won't kill my right ankle or my lower back and don't require equipment would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

I am proud that I made it through the horrible craving for Reeses yesterday, man that was tough!! I didn't even look at the candy when I was at the store today. Brenda=1 Chocolate=big fat goose egg!

By the way that cheese cake recipe is worth the effort if anyone is wondering. My mom and I split one last night and while I wasn't crazy about the peach oatmeal crust (it was all we had) the chocolate pudding with the lemon and vanilla extract was a nice change.

I do like an occassional cold, rainy, gray day, but it is getting kinda rediculous here in Ohio these days. Sure wish I could send some of this to California. My prayers go out to all who are suffering out there.
rodeomom

Postby bikipatra » October 24th, 2007, 3:46 pm

Wow! Just reading about your day exhausted me! You burned more calories than I did just going through your day I am sure! Remember, when I am not exercising I am sitting at the computer or even more likely lounging on my bed reading or watching TV. I have therapy, psych and neurology appointments but that involves walking 2 or 3 blocks and sitting on a train. You must be a strong woman!
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby rodeomom » October 24th, 2007, 3:53 pm

bikipatra wrote:Wow! ... You must be a strong woman!

Thanks Biki -- You have no idea how good that makes me feel.
rodeomom

Postby bikipatra » October 24th, 2007, 3:53 pm

rodeomom wrote:
bikipatra wrote:Wow! ... You must be a strong woman!

Thanks Biki -- You have no idea how good that makes me feel.

You're welcome! It's true!
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby blondeangel7782 » October 24th, 2007, 4:14 pm

To have an ankle injury you are doing TREMENDOUS :-) I have a sister in law that is complaining about a pinched nerve worse than a woman in labor! :mrgreen: So keep on trucking and make it happen, If I can do it anyone can :-)
blondeangel7782
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby rodeomom » October 24th, 2007, 5:17 pm

Thanks for the encouragment. Sometimes I just feel like a whimp with my ankle. Other times, I remember that the Fibromyalgia intesifies my pain. Right now, I am getting pretty tired of wearing sandles and clog type shoes all the time. My toes get rather cold these days. But because of the tear in the Achilles, I can't wear anything that comes up that far (which includes basically all normal shoes) because it rubs on the lump caused by the tear.

Anyway, I had hoped to be on the road to recovery by now, but it looks like it will be mid-December before I can have the surgery to repair the Achilles. :uhuh: I guess I should just be grateful that I was able to win all 4 of the appeals that my former employer filed and I did it all without an attorney.

Well, I know I have said it before, but I want to say it again. I really could not be doing this without by buddies here on MMF and those of you that email me personally. You may think I am a help to you, but you have no idea how much you help me daily!
rodeomom

Postby aquarianskye » October 25th, 2007, 8:06 am

Hey lady! I just wanted to post here and tell you that I think you're doing awesome with all the work you've picked up at home. And I can't even imagine walking around on an injured ankle. You really are an inspiration. I can't wait until you have your surgery tho, and feel much better once you are recovered. I think that the exercise you're getting right now is more than enough. I don't know if I could keep up with you and all your farm work. Give me a vacuum and I can clean a mean carpet but that's the extent of my skills! :D

You did say you have one of those stretchy band thingys? I use that for basic resistance training. Mine came with a thingy that you can put in the door and then put your chair where it needs to go. I've been doing a lot of the upper body stuff to work on my flappers (under arm area that keeps waving even when I've stopped :oops: ) I'll email you some of the different movements I do if you're interested.

Miss ya buddy!
Skye
285/233.2/170?
as of 4/8/09
aquarianskye
Preferred Member - 80# Club

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal