Rodeomom

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby Joy » October 13th, 2007, 7:49 pm

Hi there,

Back in town and stopped over to look in on you! Looks like you are doing well and having lots of words of encouragement from the wonderful group on the forum.

Have a lovely week and take care,
joy
Joy
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Joy » October 13th, 2007, 7:50 pm

Hi there,

Back in town and stopped over to look in on you! Looks like you are doing well and having lots of words of encouragement from the wonderful group on the forum.

Have a lovely week and take care,
joy
Joy

Postby rodeomom » October 14th, 2007, 5:16 pm

Thanks for the visit Joy, nice of you to stop and check on me. Yeah, I have had some ups and downs this week, but everyone has been helpful to keep me from getting too down in the dumps.

Today I got to move my ticker DOWN 8 pounds (and that was later in the day than usual) so I am pretty happy about that. I got a new digital scale so I can now weigh at home instead of relying on the scales at physical therapy. The new one was good to me today so I think I like it. Always good to start a new relattionship off on a good note, ya know? :mrgreen:

I am really sore after that beating I took from the horse yesterday so I didn't do much in the way of moving today. Tucker, my silky terrier, really wanted to go for a walk, but I just couldn't do it today. Maybe tomorrow's weather will be nice to us and we will head to the arboretum for a good walk in the woods.

Stayed OP again today. That makes 23 days and only one slip up with the extra peanut butter the other day. I am feeling really good about the person that is starting to emerge and not just the size. While the pain of fibromyalgia will never go away and my ankle still aches constantly, I still feel better than I have in a long time. My energy level is up and I am just generally happier than I was 23 days ago. The fact that I am fueling my body correctly instead of bogging it down with high fat and too many calories certainly has a lot to do with the engery increase, but when I consider the extra weight that I am no longer burdening my bones with, it is a wonder I ever even moved before.
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Joy » October 14th, 2007, 7:55 pm

rodeomom wrote: but when I consider the extra weight that I am no longer burdening my bones with, it is a wonder I ever even moved before.

so true!

you are doing very, very well!

regards,
joy
Joy

Postby rodeomom » October 15th, 2007, 7:03 am

Thanks Joy!

Well I am sitting here at 10:30AM still in my pajamas trying to plan my day. Tucker, the dog, really wants to go for a walk, and I did promise. I am not as sore today as I was yesterday (blasted horse!). I think I will head to the arbouretum then to WalMart to exchange my new scale that is obviously not working (I don't care who you are - NOBODY loses 10 pounds overnight). As much as I would like to beleive that, it just isn't so. I need a scale that will be honest to me - I just hate liars.

Anyway, you all be good here and I will check in later.
rodeomom

Postby Out*With*The*Old » October 15th, 2007, 5:28 pm

Oh yeah, you need to get rid of that scale!! I love mine - bought it a few years ago and it is so spot-on!!! It shows 2 decimal points and I love seeing if I lost only .2 pounds each day! I had a bad one before and it was awful!! Go get a new one!!!!
Out*With*The*Old

Postby rodeomom » October 15th, 2007, 7:12 pm

Ok so end of day 24 and all is going pretty well I think. I am down 28 pounds (as of yesterday) and feeling generally OK (ecept where the horse drug me around the other day). The weather was lovely today and Tucker (bless his soul) really wanted to go for a walk. I loaded him up into the car and off we went with his head sticking out the passenger's window (gotta love a happy dog). The path we walked at the arboretum is one that I have done before, but not recently. I forgot about the hill until I was at the base of it. By that point it was up hill either way so I stuck it out and made it. Had a bit of a head-ache in the process, but nothing too awful. The path is a little over a mile with a very steep grade so I felt pretty good about finishing it. If it weren't for my ankle issues I might have gone again, but I can only go so far at a time.

After our walk we headed to Mc D's where I bought a 5 piece chicken nugget. Now, the Mc D's nuggets are my fav and I was nervous about getting them. It is tradition for my pup and I so I had to follow through. Believe it or not I was able to break those suckers up, blow on them cuz they were too hot for him and feed them to him without even licking my fingers!! :shock: The aroma was intoxicating and I gotta tell you I almost slipped a couple of times, but I didn't. That was truely a test for me so I am proud at how well I did.

After all that I met a friend for lunch at the Ponderosa. I got the salad bar and had some liver and onions for my L&G. Very tasty I must say and I only made one trip to the food bar and never once glanced at the desserts - though I did think about them.

Feeling pretty good about things right now. My MMT buddy and I are getting along wonderfully and having her as an accountability partner has really helped. I have found that when tempted I find myself asking - is this something you will feel comfortable confessing to skye? If I answer no (which I normally do) then I find something else to do.

Read everyone's roll call - what an amazing job we are all doing OP. Yeah us! :goteam:
rodeomom

Postby Joy » October 15th, 2007, 7:22 pm

Nice of you to come over my way -

I am very impressed with your strength to resist, and give Tucker the treat. I hope your soreness is getting better from the tangle with the horse.

warm regards,
joy
Joy

Postby DonnaS » October 16th, 2007, 10:57 am

Hi Rodeomom! I have finally been able to catch up with some journal reading. Looks like you are doing fantastic with your weight loss! Congratulations! I think it's great that you lost 8 lbs. and 8 inches.

I go thru McDonalds when I'm not at home and need a meal. McDonalds will sell you a grilled chicken breast and that's usually all I will get and it tides me over until my next medifast meal. Of course that leaves me with only a salad or veggies for the night but it hasn't bothered me.

Have a great afternoon!
THERE IS NO FAILURE EXCEPT IN NO LONGER TRYING - - ELBERT HUBBARD

SD 06/05/07
240/206.5/135
Restart 2/18/08
DonnaS

Postby rodeomom » October 16th, 2007, 11:02 am

Thanks Donna -

Yea, I worked at the McD's that I go to now before my surgery. I know all the tricks in ordering stuff there. When I need a little something extra while I am out I will get a piece of beef jerky at a conveniance store. They are only 1 oz so I just need to subtract that off of my lean later. I have seen it somewhere that we should equally divide both the lean and green if we are going to split it. That means you need protien and carbs (lean AND green) at both sittings. McD's has a side salad that would work for that or you can stop at a conveniance store that has prepared veggies and get those to go with some chicken or a piece of jerky.

I was just suprised that I didn't falter over those nuggets. Man I was tempted, but I gave them all to Tucker!
rodeomom

Postby aquarianskye » October 16th, 2007, 1:06 pm

I am soooo PROUD of your strength with the nuggets! I honestly don't know if I could have resisted! What a good doggy mommy you are! I bet he was loving you extra for giving him his special treat! And what a walk too. I bet you just can't wait to get that ankle fixed so, once you're healed, you can walk where ever you want for as long as you want!
Skye
285/233.2/170?
as of 4/8/09
aquarianskye
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby rodeomom » October 16th, 2007, 1:32 pm

AMEN TO THAT SKYE! I was so close after the first surgery too, just two more weeks and was headed back to work then the Achilles tore again. :x Anyway, Tucker was very happy. He is such a good dog and a great pal - he deserved those nuggets (we used to share them, I would take a bite from one and hand the rest to him).

We went for a drive today, but I didn't get to walk because the weather is yucky - rain and gloom. It was nice to get out of the house though.
rodeomom

Postby rodeomom » October 16th, 2007, 7:03 pm

Well today was a gloomy day in Central Ohio - Cold Grey and Rainy. I didn't get to walk outside today so both Tucker and I were pretty bummed about that. We did some errands around town and came back home. I started myday with a late meal. The farrier was at the house working on one of the younger horses and he needed my help. I hadn't eaten yet, but didn't have time to get anything. I ended up with a headache. My fault, I know. To try to relieve the headache I moved my second meal up a little and it helped. The rest of the day went pretty much on schedual.

I found a new FAV this morning. I made an ice capp with MF cappachio and added a smidge of McCormicks French Vanilla Extract. OMG it was complete HEAVEN IN A CUP. I honestly thought I was drinking my Starbucks Frapachino again. Diet food should NOT taste that good. In a good experimenting mood I added some mint extract to a chocolate pudding, but slipped and added WAY too much. Even after I mixed another pudding with it is was pretty strong. Oh well. I had half this morning and half this evening and learned that less is more in the case of mint extract.

Tomorrow the plan is to find the carpet under the piles of clothing that I have stacked around me at the computer. Between my mom losing weight, my daughter cleaning her closet and me doing both I have a ton of clothing to unload. I will start lising on Ebay again in the morning. Anyone interested in sizes 10, 24/26 and juniors medium ish (jrs mostly American Eagle, Areo, Abercrombie etc) let me know and I will set you up. I also still have many very nice sexy cocktail style dresses.

Didn't weigh and didn't measure today. Stayed OP and feel good about that.
rodeomom

Postby Charity » October 16th, 2007, 9:57 pm

You know the ol' saying You always want what you cant have, well that is true here because I love a dark gloomy day. I love it. It reminds me of Oregon and I slip into a nice cozy mood :thumbup: I am envious of your weather!

I am such a picky eater and for some reason there is a gelatin type thing in the cappaccino that turns me off. At first taste I liked it but then that gelatin texture thing....hummmmm....do you get that or did I mix it wrong?

Glad to here you are doing great on program!

:ukulele: Aloha!
Lost 40# last year on MF
Restart date: 3/6/8 5'2"
Charity

Postby bikipatra » October 17th, 2007, 2:44 am

I love a gray and rainy day too. I went to college in Connecticut and before that had never experienced that type of weather for days at a time. Back then it felt like pathetic fallacy. It is my favorite type of walking weather.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal